Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newcastle to Salthill

Options
  • 12-12-2011 6:41pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭

Trying to figure out the bus route as I need to get there for a morning exam this week. Yes I know I could walk, but I find early mornings tough as it is without having to get up an hour earlier in order to walk 2-3 miles in what will probably be lashing rain, and what will definitely be freezing cold.

From what I've been able to work out, I would have to get a bus from Newcastle to Eyre Square (opposite direction to Salthill), then a bus from Eyre Square out. And this would get me in at 8.30, a full hour before my exam.

Please tell me I'm wrong.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭RINO87

http://www.carpool.ie/

might help, surelt someong living in newcastle will be driving thataway for work and might offer a lift.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Cheers I'll look into it, but surely there is a bus in the locality that goes that way? It seems absurd that one would have to travel further away to get closer..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Cheers I'll look into it, but surely there is a bus in the locality that goes that way? It seems absurd that one would have to travel further away to get closer..

I know OP, imagine having to go 3 hours east to Dublin Airport so you can fly 7 hours west to Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭deisedude

Trying to figure out the bus route as I need to get there for a morning exam this week. Yes I know I could walk, but I find early mornings tough as it is without having to get up an hour earlier in order to walk 2-3 miles in what will probably be lashing rain, and what will definitely be freezing cold.

From what I've been able to work out, I would have to get a bus from Newcastle to Eyre Square (opposite direction to Salthill), then a bus from Eyre Square out. And this would get me in at 8.30, a full hour before my exam.

Please tell me I'm wrong.

No you are right, only other option would be taxi really

deisedude wrote: »
    No you are right, only other option would be taxi really
    Wow. It's not even that obscure a route.

Would half an hour be enough to get there via taxi? Obviously the earlier the safer... but I'd also rather not have to get up super early to stand around waiting in Leisureland (I've never been able to do last minute study or anything).

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

OP, how do you know what the public transport demand would be like say from Thomas Hynes Road to Seapoint?

snubbleste wrote: »
    OP, how do you know what the public transport demand would be like say from Thomas Hynes Road to Seapoint?
    Because I just conducted a survey and 100% of people asked said they needed to travel on this route.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭deisedude

Would half an hour be enough to get there via taxi? Obviously the earlier the safer... but I'd also rather not have to get up super early to stand around waiting in Leisureland (I've never been able to do last minute study or anything).

It should do, you would walk it in 40ish mins depending where in newcastle you are so presuming traffic aint too hectic you should make it in the taxi in a lot less time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

:rolleyes:

Its not even a long walk.

Probably quicker than getting the bus into town and waiting for another one out to Salthill.

Wrap up warm for crying out loud.

It'll do you the world of good to arrive at the exam centre after a bit of exercise and with a clear head.

Lapin wrote: »
    Its not even a long walk.

Probably quicker than getting the bus into town and waiting for another one out to Salthill.

Wrap up warm for crying out loud.

It'll do you the world of good to arrive at the exam centre after a bit of exercise and with a clear head.

Oh terrific, thanks for the info bro

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Good thing I didn't listen to Lapin, as it absolutely hammered down hail stones this morning.

Taxi picked me up around 8.50, traffic was terrible so I sent him around by Dangan on the Bushy Park -> Clybaun -> Knocknacara route. No traffic, took about 20 mins :)

Advertisement