Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this teacher out of line.

• 12-12-2011 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

So my little one is out at a school sports thing, and I was there, as we were asked to come and supervise our own kids, as it was on a Saturday. The school organised the whole thing, and two of the teachers was there.

And while I was chatting to another parent I saw the teacher laying down the law to my little lassie.
    Said she'd be jumping off a railing, and when my lassie said it wasnt her, the teacher said it was, he's seen her blondie head!!

Well, she says she didnt, and when I looked over she wasnt. And he's no business calling her blondie.
    Who does he think he is?

If she says she didnt, and I didnt see her, then she didnt. He's picking on her -he often gives out to her, and she tells me that it isnt her fault, he doesnt like her.

I reckon hes way out of line, and I am well minded to phone up the principal and make a formal complaint.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

So my little one is out at a school sports thing, and I was there, as we were asked to come and supervise our own kids, as it was on a Saturday. The school organised the whole thing, and two of the teachers was there.

And while I was chatting to another parent I saw the teacher laying down the law to my little lassie.
    Said she'd be jumping off a railing, and when my lassie said it wasnt her, the teacher said it was, he's seen her blondie head!!

Well, she says she didnt, and when I looked over she wasnt. And he's no business calling her blondie.
    Who does he think he is?

If she says she didnt, and I didnt see her, then she didnt. He's picking on her -he often gives out to her, and she tells me that it isnt her fault, he doesnt like her.

I reckon hes way out of line, and I am well minded to phone up the principal and make a formal complaint.

:rolleyes: because kids never lie...

Don't see any issue here, the teacher said he saw your kid or 'little lassie' jumping off the railing and corrected her.

I reckon your blowing the whole thing out of proportion just because it was your kid, who in your eyes probably never does anything wrong- especially if she said so!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Supraman

Your certainly entitled to question the teacher on it , having said that believing a child as gospel because they say so is quite foolish .

Try investigate what actually happened before making an official complaint.

You were there but talking to another parent , were you watching your child 100% of the time ? I'd very much doubt it, kids have a tendency to lie/exaggerate the truth if they feel they are going to be disciplined for it .

You say picking on her ? If the child has naughty tendencies in the classroom the teacher is well within his rights to discipline . Not all the little darlings are always little angels likewise the teachers are not 100% infallible . You should try be a little less biased when trying to judge where the truth lies between the stories of a young child and a teacher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Would of love for my mam to have the opinion of well if he said he didnt do it then he didnt do it. haha

He said he seen her blondie head? So be ok if he said blond hair?
    Think your blowing this way out of proportion, have a word with her say if she did it or not she cant be jumping over railing or what ever it was.

If this was a couple of case of this then fair enough but you cant say he is picking on her just because she said she didnt do something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Who does he think he is?

Charming. So the teacher, who's seen your child jumping off the railing, is wrong. And you, who weren't looking, are right. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Talk about building a mountain out of a molehill.:rolleyes: And people wonder why there are so many feral brats around the place.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Who does he think he is?

There is so much wrong with the above that I'm not sure where to start!

You were there to supervise your child - but you weren't, you were too busy gossiping with other parents to supervise your child properly.

The underlined bit - Oh My God, get real!!

The bold bit at the end - I hope you are Well Minded enough to ring the principal to thank the teacher for minding your child on their day off!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I don't see why you would ring the principal. What's wrong with blondie head?Would you prefer "your thick skull" or similar.

Teachers gave up their free time, you weren't watching your child,so you are as much at fault as anyone, if there is any fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Who does he think he is?

you are a lucky person that the teachers give up their saturday to help you and others with their childrens sports day, fair dues to them,
    after spending five days with them, they go and organise fun sports days out, and with little appreciation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

goat2 wrote: »
    you are a lucky person that the teachers give up their saturday to help you and others with their childrens sports day, fair dues to them,
    after spending five days with them, they go and organise fun sports days out, and with little appreciation
    Exactly its because of people like the op that so many activities end up with no volunteers and cant go ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

cojomo2 wrote: »
    :rolleyes: because kids never lie...

Don't see any issue here, the teacher said he saw your kid or 'little lassie' jumping off the railing and corrected her.

I reckon your blowing the whole thing out of proportion just because it was your kid, who in your eyes probably never does anything wrong- especially if she said so!.

My marriage nearly ended because of a parent who insisted her child didn't lie.....the child defied no less than than six adults and his parents believed him before the adults, ultimately the Gardai were called and untold irrepairable damage was done to my family and my wives extended family. Believe me... think long and carefully where children are concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

Who does he think he is?

I'm sure the principal has more than enough to be doing than to listening to a 'non-story' like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

You have to place trust in the staff at your school OP. If you don't, your daughter will wrap you around her little finger at every available opportunity. You'll end up with a girl who won't listen to her father when she becomes a teenager because she's always gotten her own way (even if she was in the wrong!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Supraman

Funny how the op never responded to the replies on this thread .

Advertisement