If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LED TV budget €700 approx

Options
  • 12-12-2011 7:20pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Im looking to buy a LED TV,minimum 42",minimum 100hz,not interested in 3D,
    Smart tv,internet etc would be a bonus but certainly not essential.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Dcully

From the Philips stable i can offer you the Philips 40PFL5606H (i know, I know i've lobbed of a couple off inches there!!!:eek:)
    40pfl5606h_12__fv_.jpg
    This is a excellent TV for the Price
    You get a FULL HD LED Edgelit LCD TV
    It packs our respected Pixel Plus HD Image Processing Engine which helps this Tv turn in a very natural and detailed image on screen
    This is a 100Hz Perfect Motion Rate Tv with a 2ms response time
    Contrast comes in at 500,000:1 so nice and deep black to be had:)

As its an LED TV its a very slim TV (only 4cm at its deepest) and has an Band A Energy Rating.

This TV doesnt offer 3D or Net TV but you can ofcourse hook up your computer via the VGA or HDMI inputs on the TV (depending on what your PC offers in the way of outputs)

Check its full spec out here

I have this TV on display if you'd like to see it in the flesh

We sell it for €749.99 instore but i'll pm you a Boardies Special Price on it now

Let me know what you think
    For more temptation have a looksee here at our website:)

ATB
    Ash

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Thanks for that Ashley, i have a 32" Philips 32 PFL5405H\05 hooked up to my PC, really excellent for gaming,image quality is excellent.

However i have a major issue with it that may encourage me to avoid Philips.

While trying to play mp4 and mdk movie files through my external HD is a nightmare, it might play one movie and not play the next.
    Ive a Hard drive full of movies and i never know which one is going to work on this TV.
    Ive tried with another hard drive and some usb memory sticks with similar results.
    I have the latest firmware too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

I was going to send a link with the latest firmware, but you have tried that...

The latest generation of Philips TV's seem a little more happy to play nice with a wider range of file types - you are always welcome to bring your HDD in store and plug it in and see if the 40PFL5606H plays nice with the files that your 32PFL5405 wont play.

Hows that sound??

atb
    Ash

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Thanks for your time Ashley,i just bought a Samsung UE40D5520 this evening,its playing everything fine that ive tested.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.