Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French inneundos?

Options
  • 12-12-2011 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

We're looking for slogans to put on the back of our French soc. hoodies.

Generally, society hoodies tend to be sexual innuendos, for example, the nutritional sciene slogan is "we get it five times a day" with pics of veggies and fruit around it...!

Anywhos, yere suggestions are much appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

Something to do with "French letters ?"

Valerie

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭nirzenra

ValerieR wrote: »
    Something to do with "French letters ?"

Valerie
    pardon?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

French Letter

:)

Valerie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

do you want it in english or in french?

something like: "i'm into French everything"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭franc 91

May I suggest that you look for - slogans/logos coquins pour t-shirts
    for example -
    http://www.teeslog.com/galerie,coquin.html - and there are other sections to choose from here such as - provoc
    http://www.avomarks.fr/tee-shirt-humour.html where you can choose sexe, boisson etc
    http://www.cadeau-rigolo.com/ - humour coquin - tee-shirt etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Something to do with French kiss ? "Je parle/connais bien la langue" or something in those lines. Or "apprenez la langue". With kissy lips... :o;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭franc 91

Well perhaps in Ireland they might understand what you're getting at, but I'm afraid that in French it wouldn't be immediately obvious. Langue is the usual everyday word used to mean a foreign language (as well as meaning the tongue) - it's quite usual to talk about une école de langues without any innuendo being implied or coming to mind. It's like teanga as Gaeilge - would you get a sexual innuendo if you used that word in Irish? As I understand it, in Irish it's more matter of rubbing skin together. Dala an scéal - to say French kiss in French, it's said in English - which is I imagine, supposed to be even more érotique than if it were said in French.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I thought that's what the OP was looking for ? :confused: Innuendos in French language for people who are here in Ireland and part of a circle ? Something that might be like a private joke between people of that society, not necessarily something that would appeal/be obvious to the masses ?
    Something that possibly only they might get the meaning of ?
    The fact that French kiss is used mostly in English does not have to be a big ordeal here, since it can be suggested rather than spelt out (ie drawings).
    I don't know, that's what I thought was wanted.

Not a great idea I'll grant you that, probably dozens of more tasteful innuendos out there to do with the French. :o

Et merci pour les explications, je suis francaise, pas croisee ou quoi que ce soit, pur sang et de souche ;), grandie en France. Ca fait un moment que j'habite ici, mais je me rappelle bien des nuances. :pac:

edit : en revanche l'irlandais... apres 15 ans ici j'en connais a peine.

Advertisement