Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to praise Fitzpatricks Tyres

Options
  • 12-12-2011 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭

My battery let me down last night; my car's done over 200K miles and that Varta battery's been in it since I bought it in 2005. last night, it refused to start, after a month of sluggish behaviour. it did, however, get me through last winter in particular; so I can't praise varta enough. Or the advice to always buy a quality battery.

Anyway, I know people who have paid big enough money for batteries to be fit in Halfords. And there's tons of other places, including dealers.

But, on the word of a recovery guy who knew that Fitzpatricks http://www.goldenpages.ie/fitzpatrick-portlaoise/2/ were the only people in Portlaoise to do varta, I headed up there to see what could I get (remember the last one has either lasted the 7 years I own the car or the full 12 that is its total age. Either is impressive). Long story short, they fitted a new varta heavy duty diesel for €90 all in and tested my old one and told me to bring it on as well, as there was still a bit of life in it.

I want to unashamedly say that I was impressed with them on a number of counts; 1. stocking quality batteries at the same price as 'own brand' stuff in another well-known motor factors locally, 2. stocking Varta for cheaper than premium brands in Halfords (they have good stuff like Bosch) and 3. telling me it was €100, then afterwards telling me that no, actually €90 would do me.

In this day and age, and these times we're in, I am DELIGHTED with my visit to Fitzpatricks today and I hope anyone reading this will give them a shout or a twist if you can. They are likeable, friendly people and I hope in 10 years time they're still flying. God Bless..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Nice to hear a good report, TBH, local businesses are finally getting their act together and offering real customer service and better value... for this they will get return custom and good praise as you have demonstrated. Hopefully the economy will recover and when/if it does, I hope these businesses don't abandon their new found attitude and revert to old Celtic Tiger grab all wham bam thank you mam ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Well done to you.
    Maybe its time we all "voiced-up" when given good service.
    Word of mouth and all that can't be bad these days...........and also gives people themselves a boost to hear that they are appreciated.

More of it I say .....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

I have to say that I have bought tyres from them since moving into the town and have always been impressed by them.

Always been impressed by RS Auto's who have always serviced my cars too! And very handy when they offer you a lift home instead of having to walk!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Nice to have a feel-good thread :) Agree completely with 1966, we should be lavish in our praise of places we like that do a good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

I bought 2 full sets of tyres from them this year and was happy enough with their pricing. Independent retailers can and do offer value and service to customers and I'd always be the first to praise them when they do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement