Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blackcberry add on (BIS)

Options
  • 12-12-2011 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi
    I would really like to buy a blackberry curve 8520 on meteor pay as you go but I have a couple of questions.

1. If I get the BIS add on, will I still need wifi in order to access Blackberry messenger, gmail, facebook etc.? or will the add on alone be enough? (as I do not have wifi at home)

And

2. If I get this BIS add on does this mean I will no longer be able to avail of the free meteor talk and text plan that I am currently using?

I would be very grateful for any help with answering these questions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭vtec_vixen

mandy87 wrote: »
    Hi
    I would really like to buy a blackberry curve 8520 on meteor pay as you go but I have a couple of questions.

1. If I get the BIS add on, will I still need wifi in order to access Blackberry messenger, gmail, facebook etc.? or will the add on alone be enough? (as I do not have wifi at home)

And

2. If I get this BIS add on does this mean I will no longer be able to avail of the free meteor talk and text plan that I am currently using?

I would be very grateful for any help with answering these questions.

Hi Mandy, used to work for meteor myself in Network Support.

I have a BB curve with the Meteor add on you speak of.
    The add on €10.00 a month for 1GB of data which should be fine for BBM, internet, Just be wary of streaming from youtube as this can be quite heavy on the Data bundle.

You do not need WIFI in order to use the BB functions as the €10.00 you are paying connects you to the blackberry server and allows you to use the functions for the 30 day period.

You can still keep your text/calls promo, Ex: I Currently have a free any netw text package so I top up by €20.00 and I get my texts and ten is then deducted for My BBM services etc.

Hope this helps :)

Advertisement