Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing eyeballs

• 12-12-2011 8:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

What's the best options when replacing eyeballs without having to mess with slabs/ plaster? Need a diameter of 115mm and dont like the look of those large surrounding plates.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

What's an eyeball?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

cast_iron wrote: »
    What's an eyeball?

low-voltage-downlight-AU-DLL103-400.jpg

Oh:)
    Can you not source on that has a 115mm cut out?

cast_iron wrote: »
    Oh:)
    Can you not source on that has a 115mm cut out?

Closest I have gotten so far is 110mm. This is the diameter, not the cutout size. I could use an adapter plate, but they luck ****e imo

I think I remember using one with cutout around 120mm. I remember as it was really quite large. Can't remember the make though. How about a thin piece of ply set in the ceiling to hold the fitting? The full diameter of the fitting should pretty much cover the hole entirely then.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Davy wrote: »
    low-voltage-downlight-AU-DLL103-400.jpg

Eurosales me thinks.

2011 wrote: »
    Eurosales me thinks.

Same again, or straight ones..?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Same again. Straight would always be smaller.

2011 wrote: »
    Same again. Straight would always be smaller.

Not sure if they do have eyeballs that would do, might have to use something like the swivel/flip ones. Got sorted anyway, used a straight recessed

Advertisement