Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson Xperia 8 Coverage Problem?

Options
  • 12-12-2011 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I've being having serious problems with my coverage on this phone that I only have 3 months, I struggle to get 1 bar and then sometimes I get none its not the area am in as its only my phones thats seems affected plus I just upgraded my sim to the current one and it is still the same even my 3G gets affected I'd have to restart my phone for it to work, I called vodafone and they don't seem to know anymore than I do soo am just wondering has anyone reading this experienced such a problem and could it be a faulty handset? Am getting fed up with this and thinking of going back to ask for my money back and this will be the second time as the first one I got in the same shop had a dot appearing at start up so I changed it.

Francie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭mikeyboy

Reckon it must be your phone, I have an Xperia8 as well and it works fine. Even in areas of rural Donegal where Vodafone coverage wouldn't be the best

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

mikeyboy wrote: »
    Reckon it must be your phone, I have an Xperia8 as well and it works fine. Even in areas of rural Donegal where Vodafone coverage wouldn't be the best

Yeah I think soo I'll be going back to the store with it the weekend am wondering would I have any comeback on it like any other product which you normally receive a year warranty, it does say 14 days exchange/refund and 28days faulty goods?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭mikeyboy

Should be covered by the Sale of Goods Act
    Under the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980, anything you buy from a retailer must be:
    • of merchantable quality
    • fit for its normal purpose, and reasonably durable
    • as described, whether the description is part of the advertising or wrapping, on a label, or something said by the salesperson.
    When you buy goods from a retailer, you make a contract with him. He agrees to provide certain goods to you for a certain price. If your purchase turns out to be faulty, the retailer, not the manufacturer, is responsible to you and must sort out your complaint. You are entitled to a refund, a replacement or a repair.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Turn off 3g and see if it improves on 2G only.

mikeyboy wrote: »
    Should be covered by the Sale of Goods Act

Thanks mikey I returned the phone to the store today and if it comes back faulty am asking for a full refund as this will be the 2nd one at that store.

• Advertisement

francie81 wrote: »
    Thanks mikey I returned the phone to the store today and if it comes back faulty am asking for a full refund as this will be the 2nd one at that store.

Yep done that switched 'send and receieve data off' which is the same as doing what you say and still the same, even in Dundalk problem still persists so am thinking 90% chance the phone is faulty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Vodafone could be the problem. I have an Xperia Mini Pro and always struggle with coverage with them almost anywhere I am and anytime I've tried to use it which is rare enough if I'm being honest as I have another phone.

Have an Xperia X8 with another operator and I never have any coverage issues on the X8. Housemate has one too with no issues either.

I'd try another network and port your number if you keep having coverage issues with another version of the phone or another phone.

Vodafone seem to be offering the best business rates to companies at the moment so I think they just saturated the network and aren't investing enough in their infrastructure myself. I know of two companies I used to do support with before who switched off them because the users just couldn't use the phones because of constant coverage issues.

thebman wrote: »
    Vodafone could be the problem. I have an Xperia Mini Pro and always struggle with coverage with them almost anywhere I am and anytime I've tried to use it which is rare enough if I'm being honest as I have another phone.

Not soo sure about that as am back using my old Sony Ericsson v630i (whilst my Xperia is away) with full coverage and 3G so I would think that would give a clear indication its the phone, mind you my brother bought a phone some years back in the same store that had problems maybe its a case this particular store happen to receive bad stock.

Advertisement