Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas service over Christmas

Options
  • 12-12-2011 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

This seems really bad, and surely a lot worse than in previous years
    There is no Luas service from 8.00pm Christmas Eve Saturday 24th December to 9.00am Monday 26th December.

Finishes at 11.30pm on Stephens Day and the 27th, then finishes at 00.30am from the 28th to New Years Eve, then back to 11.30pm finish.

On normal nights it finishes at 00.30am.

Better not go out on Christmas Eve so!:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Dublin Bus finished at about 9pm last year on Christmas Eve,town was pretty much deserted when I was leaving too,so maybe it's not viable for the respective operators to run a full service.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Better not go out on Christmas Eve so!:mad:

Between 8 and 9 is about right for bus/luas services on xmas eve.

Why would you not go out xmas eve? Pubs stay open you know.

There will be plenty of taxis about. Have never had a problem getting a taxi home on xmas eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Why not just stay local JuliusCaesar, town will probably be dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

F1ngers wrote: »
    Have never had a problem getting a taxi home on xmas eve.

Well, not since deregulation anyway.

I remember having to walk home in the bitter cold from Fairview to Coolock in the not too distant past on Xmas Eve.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Dublin Bus always finishes at 9pm on Christmas Eve.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

and surely a lot worse than in previous years
    Pretty much the same as last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Pain in the arse that the late-night Christmas Luas service wil, noyl be on the Green Line this year.

I can understand that the Red Line (I get it every day) is worse for anti-social behaviour but they could just beef up the security a bit and maybe recoup the cost with a small fare hike.

Advertisement