Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clay

• 12-12-2011 9:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭

Apologies if there is a thread for searching for things but anybody know where I could pick up some moulding clay that will harden?

I want to make a decoration for my girl's first Christmas so would appreciate any help.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Art and Hobbie or ensimes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Denners.ie wrote: »
    Apologies if there is a thread for searching for things but anybody know where I could pick up some moulding clay that will harden?

I want to make a decoration for my girl's first Christmas so would appreciate any help.

Cheers.
    you could use Polymer clay or Uro clay which you could get in Silkes in Catherine St, you mould it and then bake it, it's reasonably priced and comes in different colours (but you can paint them as well).
    Also Art & Hobby just opened where Birthdays was across from Brown Thomas they might do a set like "make your own decorations".
    Were you watching Kirstie's Handmade Christmas? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

on the off chance that anyone is becoming all arts and crafty during Christmas
    and making clay things, and decorations etc. I'd like to recommend the fine folks in Brooks. They are the only place that I know of where you can
    purchase 25kg Bags of Dental Plaster in Limerick (Dental Plaster being much stronger than plaster of paris etc)

If anyone is making Christmas Decorations from clay or other materials that might involve making a mold and plaster casting etc then 25kg of plaster in brooks is about 20Euros, compare to the hobby stores that charge you about 8 or nine times that much per kg.

Its truly scary that some Arts and Hobby places will charge ya a tenner
    where other places might charge you 1 Euro for a product thats better.

~B

Advertisement