Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice: Episode 11

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Is that comedian fella the lad who does the voiceover for loads of ads like the saorview and chill insurance. Oh my god now I know the face I know how to find him and forcefeed his fishermam friends. John lynn i'm out to get you for consistently wrecking my head on both tv and radio !
    Lapin wrote: »
    + 1

She has more personality and life in her than all this years candidates put together.

Who is the gobshíte 'comedian' with the hair on the panel? What an annoying voice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

In next week's preview, Eugene says "I made a mistake on my application"....what could this be??

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

In next week's preview, Eugene says "I made a mistake on my application"....what could this be??

He said in his application form...: "I am not a patronising git who picks on poeple with a working class Dublin accent..."

The best part of The Apprentice for me is the after show of them in the house. It gives you a much more informed view of each of the characters. Eugene has been horrible about Cono from the very start, calling him Snotser on a regular basis.

However I feel Cononr will go on to great things. He makes a fortune every year with his holly wreaths along. Will gross over half a mill this Christmas alone...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Whatever about Conors annoying accent I'd prefer it to Geraldines accent or that long haired bloke on the panel, who is he anyway?.
    Whats Conors business anyway?

Apparently he's the biggest distributor of Christmas wreaths in the country and expects to shift about 70,000 of them this year.
    He also sells Christmas trees.
    Then he gears up for Valentine's Day, Mother's Day and Easter.

After that, he deals in a few second hand cars for the summer, including breaking up some for spare parts.
    Then back into the Christmas stuff again.

You gotta hand it to the lad, for a twenty year old, he's done bloody well for himself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Okay. Heres' my take on the four left.

There should really only be one winner of this. Eugene is the best candidate.

He seems a bit nasty at times but you could argue if you have camera's on you 24 hours a day.....any edit can make you look like that. He performs well in nearly all the tasks, has a good business sense for what works, has good inter-personal skills, gets stuff done and isn't just a waffler like alot of them. Noel and Joanne Would have lost this challenge on their own. By a long way.

Out of the final 4, Eugene is by far the best "Apprentice". However, thats hugely irrelevant as the person with the best business plan will win. Simple as that. Interviews are pointless, although they will be good fun to watch. Whichever one of them Bill decides will make the most money will be chosen. Cullen wants to make his killin'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

He said in his application form...: "I am not a patronising git who picks on poeple with a working class Dublin accent..."

So there's a typo in his application form?

PJTierney wrote: »
    So there's a typo in his application form?

It's a shame Eugene is such a snob as he's a good candidate...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

Chinafoot wrote: »
    How did Anton Savage ever get on tv?!
    If it's anything like his radio career Ray D'Arcy was probably unavailable :)

thalia_13 wrote: »
    John lynn i'm out to get you for consistently wrecking my head on both tv and radio !

Just watching the repeat of it now on 3E.
    He's very annoying on this. I've seen him do stand-up a few times and he's very good at that. Something like this doesn't seem to suit him though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Anyone else find it very Irish that Conor didn't even know the conversion for kilometres to miles AND litres to gallons yet had the gall to "insult" those who still are living in the stone age?

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Luis21

This years contestants are the most unlikeable bunch ever.

As for Bill, he is not as stupid as he was, just more angry.

walshb wrote: »
    Anyone else find it very Irish that Conor didn't even know the conversion for kilometres to miles AND litres to gallons yet had the gall to "insult" those who still are living in the stone age?

Not really, no.
    Most young people have been brought up to use km, litres, kg etc.
    Why would they necessarily be able to convert l/km to MPG at the drop of a hat?
    Can you?

Heroditas wrote: »
    Not really, no.
    Most young people have been brought up to use km, litres, kg etc.
    Why would they necessarily be able to convert l/km to MPG at the drop of a hat?
    Can you?

Absolutely I can. I boxed for many years. Weights are like adding up numbers for darts players.

No, most, if not ALL car dealers deal in miles to the gallon. I have yet to hear anyone ever mention "you get 100 kms to 9 litres in this car."
    Never heard it. I do always STILL hear miles to the gallon. So, wtf is Conor on about?

I am well aware we deal in Kms and metres etc, but the miles, inches and feet and lbs and stones have not disappeared.

I bet that if you ask the vast majority of people what they can relate to better: a 6 feet tall man weighing 12 stones or
    a 1 metre 83 centimetre man weighing 76 kilogrammes. Most will be able to visualise and relate to the imperial measure.

And, he had the gall to insult them, yet he didn't even know what a Kilomtere was. Couldn't convert. Simple really.
    If he was going to be so smart, at least freaking know what you are talking about.

Also, none of them seemed to have a clue what a litre was in relation to a gallon.

This should be schoolboy stuff for most educated folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭thegoodgirl

Just finished watching this weeks episode now, have to say I thought Maurice should have gone. Conor did way better than him. In fairness though neither of them were going to win it anyway.

I think Bill wanted one of them going there's no way them teams were even.

I want Noel to win now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

It was all on Conor’s head!

Don’t think Maurice hung conor out to dry yes he walked away later on in the task as he didn’t bother to sell cars at the event it was conor’s fault really as he did badly in the task when meeting the car clients despite earning a good bit of money from sales.

Gorilla facepalm! Gas about the shower lol!

Eugene could win as he has been the most confident candidate but think noel could win cause of his business plan. Maurice or Joanne could win but doubt it when looking at the sneak preview that joanne win. Think its down to one of the boys, rooting for Maurice or noel to win but think Eugene might win!

Looking forward to next weeks episode its the business plan that will make the winner stand out. Bill go with that person or that and the combo of how they have done over the 11 weeks not just what they will do in the final episode with their business plan/interview/presentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Surely isnt the main problem with this format that Bill has probably someone in mind weeks back and he just needs to weigh things in their favour till the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Absolutely I can. I boxed for many years. Weights are like adding up numbers for darts players.

No, most, if not ALL car dealers deal in miles to the gallon. I have yet to hear anyone ever mention "you get 100 kms to 9 litres in this car."
    Never heard it. I do always STILL hear miles to the gallon. So, wtf is Conor on about?

I am well aware we deal in Kms and metres etc, but the miles, inches and feet and lbs and stones have not disappeared.

I bet that if you ask the vast majority of people what they can relate to better: a 6 feet tall man weighing 12 stones or
    a 1 metre 83 centimetre man weighing 76 kilogrammes. Most will be able to visualise and relate to the imperial measure.

And, he had the gall to insult them, yet he didn't even know what a Kilomtere was. Couldn't convert. Simple really.
    If he was going to be so smart, at least freaking know what you are talking about.

Also, none of them seemed to have a clue what a litre was in relation to a gallon.

This should be schoolboy stuff for most educated folk.

What a wonderfully patronising post.

Your comparison of kgs and cms Vs Feet and stones really isn't the same thing as both measurements are still accepted. Miles per gallon is not the same thing. In school we dealt in litres not gallons and I'm older than Conor.

When you fill your car up in the petrol station it is in litres, not gallons. Cars no longer use miles they use kms. So yeah, quizzing him on miles per gallon was rather archaic. Should he have been as cheeky as he was... absolutely not. But you're kidding yourself if you think miles per gallon - and the necessary conversion - is something that everyone knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

None of the candidates deserve to win. I often wonder if the producers of the show picked such a terrible assortment of assclowns for entertainment value alone.

It's refreshing to watch the Young Apprentice after this every week. Now there's a bunch of bright sparks.

What a wonderfully patronising post.

Your comparison of kgs and cms Vs Feet and stones really isn't the same thing as both measurements are still accepted. Miles per gallon is not the same thing. In school we dealt in litres not gallons and I'm older than Conor.

When you fill your car up in the petrol station it is in litres, not gallons. Cars no longer use miles they use kms. So yeah, quizzing him on miles per gallon was rather archaic. Should he have been as cheeky as he was... absolutely not. But you're kidding yourself if you think miles per gallon - and the necessary conversion - is something that everyone knows.

Missing the point completely. Nothing to do with patronising. These guys are supposed to be leaders, thinkers, developers; and none knew anything about simple stuff like miles to the gallon.

Car dealers DEAL in miles to the gallon. He was speaking with these people, and had the audacity to say they were living in the stone age.
    He is the one who must be living under a ****ing rock if he did not know that car dealers in general deal in miles to the gallon.

I am well aware that the metric system is here. But, also, the imperial is still here, and to many, strong as well.

Never said everyone should know these conversions or units. But, educated folks should have some idea.

Also, if you are engaging with people who deal with this stuff, at least know this.

Car dealers from my dealings speak about miles to the gallon. He should have know this. He didn't, and then had the gall to imply that they needed to change.

• Advertisement

These guys are supposed to be leaders, thinkers, developers; and none knew anything about simple stuff like miles to the gallon.

But they're not. They're a shower of clowns and chancers.

Heroditas wrote: »
    But they're not. They're a shower of clowns and chancers.

It seems so.

I have no issue with them, but when you get a clever and smart comment like Conor's to a group of people in "their" own industry, and then you realise that he himself didn't know anything about miles to the gallon, ( OR that this is the units car dealers deal in) it's galling to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Car dealers DEAL in miles to the gallon.
    How can an outsider be expected to know this? This is typical Bill Cullen bs where they get criticised for specific facts or information that they don't know, and don't have time to research in the artificial constraints put upon them.

Having said that, Conor's reaction was unforgiveable. He does this smiley thing whenever he gets stressed or challenged, which really gets my goat.

Missing the point completely. Nothing to do with patronising. These guys are supposed to be leaders, thinkers, developers; and none knew anything about simple stuff like miles to the gallon.

Ha! Its the Apprentice ffs. They aren't all car salesmen, they have their own businesses that they want Bill to put money into. Expecting them to know it when they themselves do not deal in miles per gallon is ridiculous.
    Car dealers DEAL in miles to the gallon. He was speaking with these people, and had the audacity to say they were living in the stone age.
    He is the one who must be living under a ****ing rock if he did not know that car dealers in general deal in miles to the gallon.

Thats bull. How are they expected to know that? It was one challenge out of 11. They aren't there to sell cars for Bill so it is not a reasonable expectation for them to know that.
    I am well aware that the metric system is here. But, also, the imperial is still here, and to many, strong as well.

Who? Car dealers? :rolleyes:
    Never said everyone should know these conversions or units. But, educated folks should have some idea.

And those that don't aren't educated? I have a degree and a masters and I don't know the conversions. Am I uneducated?
    Also, if you are engaging with people who deal with this stuff, at least know this.

Car dealers from my dealings speak about miles to the gallon. He should have know this. He didn't, and then had the gall to imply that they needed to change.

Well while everyone agrees that he shouldn't have made the comments he did as it was unprofessional, he does have a very valid point. Why would they still deal in miles per gallon? The people driving the cars don't deal in miles per gallon. Its an archaic system that has been superceded by kms per litre. We don't learn gallons in school and we don't deal in gallons at the petrol pump. We know how many litres we've put into our cars and we have kms on the clock not miles.

As SerialComplaint has pointed out this was a challenge with huge time contraints. Making a huge deal out miles per gallon was ridiculous. As is your ire to be frank.

Thats bull. How are they expected to know that? It was one challenge out of 11. They aren't there to sell cars for Bill so it is not a reasonable expectation for them to know that.

Who? Car dealers? :rolleyes:
    As SerialComplaint has pointed out this was a challenge with huge time contraints. Making a huge deal out miles per gallon was ridiculous. As is your ire to be frank.

Car dealers deal in miles to the gallon; when will that sink in? And you say it is not reasonable for them to know that?
    Many cars have both miles and Kms on the dial.

It's not up to me to change the way the WHOLE car industry thinks here in Ireland. I am one who can switch between both; but never would I criticise anyone who is more proficient in one measure over another, particularly when I am also clueless as to how car dealers speak about these things.

Conor didn't seem to know that they dealt in that. Again, for this you don't even need an education. The dogs on the street would know this. It's as common as muck. Like I said, I have never ever heard anyone at all in any industry saying, "I get 100 kms to 9 litres." I always hear people use miles to the gallon, even those who are well up on both standards, imperial and metric. Maybe that will change, and eventually people will use phrases like I noted. But, now, and since I was born, it has always been miles to the gallon.

He then proceeds to "mock" them and the whole industry for dealing in this.

Irked? No, I am not. Puzzled? Yes. It's comical when you think about it.

How can an outsider be expected to know this? .

What?:confused:

Are you telling me that you somehow have to be in the car industry to know that they typically speak about miles to the gallon? The phrase is known all over the country, housewives, binmen, doctors, nurses, etc. It's so so common. It has been around forever.

Conor didn't seem to know that they dealt in that. Again, for this you don't even need an education. The dogs on the street would know this. It's as common as muck.

LAWL! Your posts are amazingly contradictory.

Obviously everyone does not know that car dealers deal in miles per gallon. But you keep banging that drum if it makes you feel better. :rolleyes:

LAWL! Your posts are amazingly contradictory.

Obviously everyone does not know that car dealers deal in miles per gallon. But you keep banging that drum if it makes you feel better. :rolleyes:

Not at all contradictory. Knowing conversions would require some education.

Knowing that car dealers deal generally in miles per gallon is something most people JUST know. Conor did not know either. And he is an Apprentice?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭oregano

As a car dealer myself I deal in both l/km and mpg, whichever the client is more comfortable in. Poles, Germans etc don't ask me about mpg while Irish very rarely ask me l/km...

Regardless, I do go into meetings with brochures of my product.!

Nobody in my trade finds beepbeep a good website though, so kudos to each team for selling a car!

Can the finalists' biz plans be seen online or is that a silly question?

• Advertisement
Advertisement