Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Dungarvan - Where to rent???

Options
  • 12-12-2011 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hi guys going to be moving to dungarvan early in the new year...any recommendations on where to rent? Where to avoid??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭wagtail99

Dungarvan is a small enough place that you'll soon figure out after a few viewings where is good or bad.

Many people stay clear of the flats on the Quay, but maybe if you are young and want an active social life near the centre of things, it may suit you.

The Abbeyside area is more residential. I lived for a while in Sallybrook on the Clonea Road and that was a very nice, very quiet, family estate. There are also plenty more estates around the town and also out in Ballinroad (for where you will need your own transport).

But as I've said above you'll very quickly form your own views of where is most suitable for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

ya there are nice places in both abbeyside and dungarvan. you will get a feel for what is right for you. area's like seapark, parklane are about a 20 min walk from town. but it does depend on your situation. if your single a flat in town could be the way to go. if you have a family then a house is probably the better option.

good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

I'd choose Abbeyside over Dungarvan any day! There are a few places available in Ballinroad but you would need a car to get into town each day, so avoid if you don't want that!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

She Devil wrote: »
    I'd choose Abbeyside over Dungarvan any day! There are a few places available in Ballinroad but you would need a car to get into town each day, so avoid if you don't want that!

Your best bet is to rent in a more established part of town. Over the past 10 years lots of houses in the more "desirable" parts of Dungarvan and Abbeyside were snapped up by investors, resulting in estates being full of houses that are rented to just about anybody!!
    The investors dont give a fig about the quality of tenant etc, once they pay their rent!!

BE VERY CAREFUL!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

There are some nice places both sides of the bridge really.

Dungarvan: Springfield, Silversprings, Hillview Drive for example.
    Abbeyside: Murphy Place, Sea Park, Park Lane, The Hermitage...

All of the above are what i've seen in my experience to be quiet family estates.

Not really saying there is a bad part of the town tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Steve30x

Steer clear of Harbourmill in the quay. I lived there for seven years and I swear it was seven years of pure misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Stay clear of Cathal Brugha & Childers estates

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Steve30x

I am living in Childers with three years and its not all bad. It all depends on the part of the estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Hey change ur location to Cork you sir :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I know a LOT of people from Childers, and to be honest, i don't see the problem with the estate that many people seem to have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

eeloe wrote: »
    I know a LOT of people from Childers, and to be honest, i don't see the problem with the estate that many people seem to have.

Probably living off a past reputation in some people's eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Deise Musashi

I grew up in Childers and my Mother in the 'Brugh

Somethinlongintoya? :D

Childers is quieter now, some of the auld stock grew up and had kids, some are still in prison...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Clonmel.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭duinegorm

mathepac wrote: »
    Clonmel.

I'd much rather live in Childers or Brugha than Clonmel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 roxybelle

I would like to rent a room in the Abbeyside area, preferably Tournore or Cluainn Alainn. On daft there are hardly any sharing properties, the majority being that you rent the entire property. is there anyone who is looking to rent a room or anyone interested in teaming up to rent a house in the area? I'd prefer if I was sharing with only one other person.

Thanks

Advertisement