Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gumtree Scam...

Options
  • 12-12-2011 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey,
    Just wanted to post about these supposed iPhone deals on gumtree.
    Got scammed out of 320EUR. Was getting an iPhone 4S as an Xmas gift.
    The guy in question was showing me a working iPhone and when taking his sim card out of the phone managed to swap the real one with a store model.
    I'm now 320quid down and for nothing.
    Tough recessionary times and all that....
    Just be wary for scams especially coming up to Xmas.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Did it happen in front of you

• Registered Users Posts: 5 wtfudge?

Aye indeed, but before I get ridiculed for being a tit for not noticing, it was dark, he was in a car and i stood outside...t'was a quick transaction...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

For 320 quid, you'd want to make sure you have the real phone in your hand before giving over cash. This is an age old scam, and nothing to do with Gumtree or online buying. You met in person and gave away your money for nothing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Any link to the add you bought from? Might help others if there looking for one too. You can bet its not the first and won't be the last time this trick is pulled by the same person.

Advertisement