Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wii with faulty laser - what can be done

• 12-12-2011 10:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I've got a Wii, basically with messed dvd drive. I need to find some usage for it apart from a door stop.
    What can be done to it homebrew wise? Is homebrew any good on Wii?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

docentore wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I've got a Wii, basically with messed dvd drive. I need to find some usage for it apart from a door stop.
    What can be done to it homebrew wise? Is homebrew any good on Wii?

You can use external storage by softmodding the wii, there is tons of home brew applications out there too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Can you got get another laser?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Can you got get another laser?

That would be cheating Grand Wizard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

That would be cheating Grand Wizard.

Softmod it & forget about replacing the laser. Lasers are for shmucks really. They're cheap, badly made parts that fail consistently on all laser based consoles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

Have look into thread about "Letterbomb"

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »
    Softmod it & forget about replacing the laser. Lasers are for shmucks really. They're cheap, badly made parts that fail consistently on all laser based consoles.

small off-topic from Wii, but someone on assemblergames is working on compact flash card interface for dreamcast, that is going to be sweet. (it is separate from cheap sd interfaces or the one by polish bloke)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

small off-topic from Wii, but someone on assemblergames is working on compact flash card interface for dreamcast, that is going to be sweet. (it is separate from cheap sd interfaces or the one by polish bloke)

That's been out a while, o1s1n from the A&R forum has one. I think he said compatibility is low though!

EnterNow wrote: »
    That's been out a while, o1s1n from the A&R forum has one. I think he said compatibility is low though!

This is new thing though, it should be 100% compatible with gdrom, it is actually connected to gd-rom port.
    The other one that you are talking is sd interface connected to DC serial port.

EDIT: click! (post #113 and onwards)

Advertisement