Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

is parking on a double yellow line a penalty point offence?????????

• 12-12-2011 10:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭

is parking on a double yellow line a penalty point offence or just a fixed fine penalty.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Mikros

Just a fixed charge penalty.

See here for full list:

http://www.rsa.ie/Documents/Licensed%20Drivers/Penalty%20Points%20Chart.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

ok i hold my hands up i was parked outside my credit union on a saturday afternoon in donaghmede, i was parked along with 3 other cars outside but didnt realise i was on a double yellow line, its a quiet spot however its my fault

as i came out a garda car pulled up, i thought nothing of it until i opened my car door and i heard a call,

it was him calling me, wipped out his book

basically he told me i was getting 2 penalty points and a €120 fine for parking on the double yellow line

was he just winding me up?????????????????

i was stunned as i didnt know it was a penalty point offence and thought it was harsh as if he just warn me i wouldnt do it again,

another problem is iv moved about the last few years and the address on my licence is not my current, however as he has my car reg should the fine be sent to the cars registered address

cheers stephen

i found a more detailed list here

http://www.drivingschoolireland.com/appendix_4.pdf

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

evosteo wrote: »
    basically he told me i was getting 2 penalty points and a €120 fine for parking on the double yellow line
    Sounds ;like he was talking nonsense regarding points & €120 fine as there are no penalty point fines for that amount.
    another problem is iv moved about the last few years and the address on my licence is not my current, however as he has my car reg should the fine be sent to the cars registered address
    If they don't have your current address, sure how would they know to send it there? if you move, you are meant to update your details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

cheers stephen

You should tell the guard where to send it. You can always call into the garda station and ask them to send it to new address, to avoid being summoned for not paying fine.

• Advertisement

kbannon wrote: »
    Sounds ;like he was talking nonsense regarding points & €120 fine as there are no penalty point fines for that amount.

If they don't have your current address, sure how would they know to send it there? if you move, you are meant to update your details.

do i have to get a new licence every time i move????

iv moved at least 5 times in the last 4 years

wonski wrote: »
    You should tell the guard where to send it. You can always call into the garda station and ask them to send it to new address, to avoid being summoned for not paying fine.

i dont know which station hes based as there is 3 near by coolock, raheny and howth

do i have to get a new licence every time i move????

iv moved at least 5 times in the last 4 years

For change of vehicle ownership:
    Changing address details
    If your address has changed, fill in the appropriate details on the Vehicle Licensing Certificate (Vehicle Registration Certificate for post-April 2004 vehicles) and send it to the Driver and Vehicle Computer Services Division.
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/motoring_1/buying_or_selling_a_vehicle/change_of_ownership.html

For drivers licence:
    If I change my name or address do I need to apply for a new driving licence?
    While you are required to carry your driving licence with you at all times when driving, you are not required by law to change your permit if you change your name or address. However, it is advisable. You are required to show evidence of your licence if requested to by An Garda Siochana, so your licence should contain up-to-date information.

Exchanging your licence to amend your name or address is a free service. It is also free to have an endorsement removed, a category added or an error on your licence corrected.

You must send a completed application form D.401, 2 passport type photographs (signed on back) and any required supporting documents, such as, an original marriage certificate. Contact your Motor Tax Office for more information
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/motoring_1/driver_licensing/full_driving_licence.html

cheers k the vehicle details are up to date as i only recently bought it

so from what it says there its only "advisable" and not a "legal requirement" to change your address on your drivers licence?

so correct me if im wrong should he be posting the fine to the registered address of the vehicle

steve

I think if the garda inputted your licence details then the offence notice is posted to that address. Sure, you'll find for sure out soon enough!

• Advertisement

I think if the garda inputted your licence details then the offence notice is posted to that address. Sure, you'll find for sure out soon enough!

im worried:o

what do you mean by this?

You'll find out where it is sent to soon enough.

You are right, it is 40E within 28days, and 60E after that. And no penalty points. Maybe he decided to charge you for different offence, OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

My partner got a parking fine posted to the address on his Tax instead of the old address that was on his licence. They seem to go by the reg of the car instead of the licence. I'm not sure about points though, that could be different.

no it was definately for the parking on the yellow line

what other offence could i have possibly commited considering that the car was parked on the yellow lines on a quiet strech of road on a saturday afternoon and he only approached me as i opened the car door:eek:

You'll find out where it is sent to soon enough.

how long does it usually take to come out?

think it was the 3rd of december when it happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭thebullkf

why didn't you park in one of the 300 odd spaces 20 feet from the entrance to the credit union, ?....

and in flys in captain hindsight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭thebullkf

and in flys in captain hindsight

hindsight?/

Captain common decency you mean, you parked on a bend, opposite a petrol station and a car park containing few hundred spaces....

you deserved more than you got to be honest, i fookin detest lazy ***** that think its ok to park on double yellers "for a few mins"...if we all did it then there'd be mayhem, its also a busy road, in a built up area, you're a local and claim you never knew about the double yellows??...

don't believe you, i know that area very well, and it ain't "quiet" either.

To answer your original question- afaik its not a PP offence, however the guard may be able to dish them out under a different guise, best of luck, and in fairness- you'll think twice bout parking there again ;)

ok i hold my hands up i was parked outside my credit union on a saturday afternoon in donaghmede, i was parked along with 3 other cars outside but didnt realise i was on a double yellow line, its a quiet spot however its my fault

^

• Advertisement

no it was definately for the parking on the yellow line

what other offence could i have possibly commited considering that the car was parked on the yellow lines on a quiet strech of road on a saturday afternoon and he only approached me as i opened the car door:eek:

Don't know - if you were running to the car with phone in your hands, speeding while holding mobile phone, maybe?
    But seriously, have no idea. But he will write letter to you, so you will find out.

wonski wrote: »
    Don't know - if you were running to the car with phone in your hands, speeding while holding mobile phone, maybe?
    But seriously, have no idea. But he will write letter to you, so you will find out.

hahaha or a dangerous manouver the way i opened the car door:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

thebullkf wrote: »
    hindsight?/

Captain common decency you mean, you parked on a bend, opposite a petrol station and a car park containing few hundred spaces....

you deserved more than you got to be honest, i fookin detest lazy ***** that think its ok to park on double yellers "for a few mins"...if we all did it then there'd be mayhem, its also a busy road, in a built up area, you're a local and claim you never knew about the double yellows??...

don't believe you, i know that area very well, and it ain't "quiet" either.

To answer your original question- afaik its not a PP offence, however the guard may be able to dish them out under a different guise, best of luck, and in fairness- you'll think twice bout parking there again ;)
    :rolleyes: i cant say anything here as i will get banned,but you are a **I***** happy christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

:rolleyes: i cant say anything here as i will get banned,but you are a **I***** happy christmas

Infracted

Back on topic please

Advertisement