Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Sorry lads, its not my intention to derail the thread. You may wear the uniform but you are also human at the end of the day and today you may be on a checkpoint in the freezing cold but tomorrow you may be pulling a body out of a ditch. If a cup of coffee is my way of saying thanks well so be it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

Sorry lads, its not my intention to derail the thread. You may wear the uniform but you are also human at the end of the day and today you may be on a checkpoint in the freezing cold but tomorrow you may be pulling a body out of a ditch. If a cup of coffee is my way of saying thanks well so be it.

Agreed on that. We bought coffees for DFB ambulance lads two nights ago. It’s courtesy....

Agreed on that. We bought coffees for DFB ambulance lads two nights ago. It’s courtesy....

Was the handover hard with them always flying around on blues apparently?

Was the handover hard with them always flying around on blues apparently?

Handover of what lad? We bought them coffees because there was a brawl in a house and one them got hit with a full bottle of coke, we were leaving and drove by a costa and turned back

Handover of what lad? We bought them coffees because there was a brawl in a house and one them got hit with a full bottle of coke, we were leaving and drove by a costa and turned back

Coffee. I was referring to the post in the siren thread.

• Advertisement

The eye sore(kona) of the district is gone it didn’t last long 3 months to be exact it’s now in a station far far away

The eye sore(kona) of the district is gone it didn’t last long 3 months to be exact it’s now in a station far far away

Every time I see one, I just think Aw Bless!!!!

Dohvolle wrote: »
    Do ye not remember fiesta vans?

I would take a Yaris over the Kona!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Kona on a checkpoint at Lissenhall, Swords the past 2 weeks. God awful looking Garda car.

At a scene last year in the freezing cold sitting in the van, a lady came out of her house after ordering a take away she gave me a bag of chips with a few slices of buttered bread and a coffee.

Jaysis, you will be accused of corruption if you do this in future!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Kona in Donnybrook, bit like the UK Panda car, good for D4 community policing. Saw a black, marked Tucson, reminded me of a better time when there was just GARDA on the cars, not a plethora of multi colour stickers.. 😎

Capri wrote: »
    Kona in Donnybrook, bit like the UK Panda car, good for D4 community policing. Saw a black, marked Tucson, reminded me of a better time when there was just GARDA on the cars, not a plethora of multi colour stickers.. ��

:D the recent got rid of the 07 focus saloon marked for that I believe, they also inherited the pearse street combo van.

bubblypop wrote: »
    Jaysis, you will be accused of corruption if you do this in future!!!

judge I didn’t see the stolen car there was to much steam from chips, fogged the windows up in the van, we aren’t allowed leave the ac on because we get sleepy. (My way out pre planned)

foreign wrote: »

Good spot, but yeah it started as a demo hybrid, it is now in full service with Surrey RPU

Police Vehicles don't need MOTs apparently. Their own roadworthiness test is more stringent, but it does not show on the normal database as being tested. However once they are disposed of at auction, a full test history magically appears.

Given it was a demo car and not an official police patrol car it is still technically a private car. MOT is three years so I would assume it was MOT’d prior to purchasing.

Good spot, but yeah it started as a demo hybrid, it is now in full service with Surrey RPU

There's a 67 Reg Merc like that in the last season of Line of Duty too. I wonder if its that same car?

The Kia film police cars never seemed to catch on.

Did the coffee thing for the lads near my neighborhood again today.

I felt sorry for them on 2 fronts. It’s f**king freezing and they were driving a KONA!!!

Happy Christmas!!!

foreign wrote: »
    There's a 67 Reg Merc like that in the last season of Line of Duty too. I wonder if its that same car?

The Kia film police cars never seemed to catch on.

Yeah a relative who’s an officer over told me the Kia Optima from
    Batman was a new purchase lol, but yeah i adamant the merc is legit

Did the coffee thing for the lads near my neighborhood again today.

I felt sorry for them on 2 fronts. It’s f**king freezing and they were driving a KONA!!!

Happy Christmas!!!

Happy Christmas lad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Happy Christmas to all in the emergency services, you all do a wonderful job except for the few bad apples as# hats but luckily those are low in numbers.....

Happy New Year also and hope we get out of this covid crap.

Merry Christmas everyone stay safe

CVRT disk is not required on garda vehicles, but would be found on other State owned vehicles (who may be blue light). If in doubt, the tax disk is a giveaway, but it definitely should not have an insurance disk.
    "Undercover" could have fake disks but not blue lights.
    The Crash bar screams Irish indigenous ethnic minority to me.
    Some guys put blue solid leds in the grille for decoration, it's fine in other EU countries, but not here.

I wonder did he hit the switch by accident or was it done to throw off parking attendant.....

Bull bar screams that alright as they're totally illegal from2005 or 06 can't recall.....

I wonder did he hit the switch by accident or was it done to throw off parking attendant.....

Bull bar screams that alright as they're totally illegal from2005 or 06 can't recall.....

You are correct, and I was thinking the same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

That van is not in the fleet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Bull bars are illegal ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

POGAN wrote:

I really want to find out the full story here. (Could be that a full week at home has taken it's toll!)

POGAN wrote: »

Not in any fleet from any state organ. 100% fake. The unedited reg is needed

Bull bars are illegal ?

Yes after 2005/6 you can fit pedestrian friendly ones though.....

It shouldn't pass a cvrt or NCT depending on vehicle.....

• Advertisement

CVRT disk is not required on garda vehicles, but would be found on other State owned vehicles (who may be blue light). If in doubt, the tax disk is a giveaway, but it definitely should not have an insurance disk.
    "Undercover" could have fake disks but not blue lights.
    The Crash bar screams Irish indigenous ethnic minority to me.
    Some guys put blue solid leds in the grille for decoration, it's fine in other EU countries, but not here.
    I've seen 'State Claims Agency' Insurance discs on some official cars so they do exist

I've seen 'State Claims Agency' Insurance discs on some official cars so they do exist

They do, but not AXA ones on state vehicles.

Maybe I have rose tinted glasses on but seeing the Ford Explorer up the Sally Gap today with roads closed.

Did someone make the right move in deciding that they were the best vehicle for the job or was it just a stroke of luck?

Maybe I have rose tinted glasses on but seeing the Ford Explorer up the Sally Gap today with roads closed.

Did someone make the right move in deciding that they were the best vehicle for the job or was it just a stroke of luck?

Explorer ?? Surely it was a Ranger ?
    And are some of the Tucsons not 4WD,so there's ample 4WD around.
    The Troopers in V6 and Diesel lasted a long time, the last one i saw was in Dundrum. Quite a few unmarked L Cruisers as well and maybe some of the Superbs are 4WD ?

Explorer ?? Surely it was a Ranger ?
    And are some of the Tucsons not 4WD,so there's ample 4WD around.
    The Troopers in V6 and Diesel lasted a long time, the last one i saw was in Dundrum. Quite a few unmarked L Cruisers as well and maybe some of the Superbs are 4WD ?

Trooper still in Dundrum, 2004 year.

Land cruiser have probably been the best buy, most 2006 and still going.

The top spec Tucson I've seen are all unmarked but wouldn't be many.

Skoda Kodiaq there are a few but believe these are 2wd but open to correction.

Haven't see Isuzu Dmax in a while....

I am looking forward seeing these on the road marked and unmarked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

I am looking forward seeing these on the road marked and unmarked

Won't be for a long time. I'd imagine they bought up a ball of the old model cheap

Won't be for a long time. I'd imagine they bought up a ball of the old model cheap
    Singapore got a load as well
    https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/high-tech-police-car-to-hit-the-road-by-2024

Audi S6 police in the land of Škoda https://www.carthrottle.com/post/woe3zep/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Hyundai doing very well out of the emergency services market in the last few years.

Mostly gone already... these are coming soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭d51984

Coolock have a silver unmarked Tuscon, think its a 202 reg. Was on my road last night, had to look twice.

Its a disgrace Joe!

d51984 wrote: »
    Coolock have a silver unmarked Tuscon, think its a 202 reg. Was on my road last night, had to look twice.

Like this one

https://www.flickr.com/photos/be216cd1/50401740992/

Good few around!

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭d51984

The very one. They will deffo catch a few heads unaware!

Its a disgrace Joe!

d51984 wrote: »
    The very one. They will deffo catch a few heads unaware!

They blend in

They blend in

Not really with them lights.... The antenna is a dead give away....

Have the rear lights improved as in one can see day and night when flashing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

The average gouger isn't an anorak comparing lighting setups in the cars thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭roadmaster

Luck.
    Ford won the 4x4 tender, and past winters have demonstrated their necessity, so more were bought than in the past. The Beast from the east demonstrated that if you didn't have 4x4, you were staying home. West cork even has one that isn't marked up for roads policing, and they have plenty of use for a vehicle of that type. Some have an underpowered engine though. 2.2 Duratorq is fine for a mondeo, but not for a 2 tonne pickup expected to maintain motorway speeds.
    There was a few pajeros too, I think the water unit have one, but Mitsubishi stopped making them, and have now withdrawn completely from the European market, so we'll see no more of them. That said, those we have will last forever.

The same as the original ESB rangers they where the small engines. Why do they do this to literally save a couple of euros over performance

Witcher wrote: »
    The average gouger isn't an anorak comparing lighting setups in the cars thankfully.

Unfortunately the ones they don't want to know will know though, I'm sorry but they stick out like a sore thumb....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Unfortunately the ones they don't want to know will know though, I'm sorry but they stick out like a sore thumb....

I don't know what you think DDU members do be upto that they're so desperate to stay hidden, it's the guards...not the CIA ffs:pac:

Gougers get used to the make and model of the cars, they're not there like Hawkeye picking out light clusters at 100 yards.

Witcher wrote: »
    I don't know what you think DDU members do be upto that they're so desperate to stay hidden, it's the guards...not the CIA ffs:pac:

Gougers get used to the make and model of the cars, they're not there like Hawkeye picking out light clusters at 100 yards.

I get bored in traffic ok;-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement