Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

I don't think any Fire Officer would want something so obvious on the rear.

And it looks like a fit out garage rather than a fire station. Looks to be a couple of white pick ups in rear of the video.

You're right, didn't spot them.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Chickennuggets

Hogzy wrote: »
    Saw a video of an unmarked Audi S3 saloon doing the rounds on whatsapp. Anyone know if its an official garda car? Cool looking thing

Spotted the unmarked S3 with the blue lights on pulling a pickup over today. Looks like it had a lot more blue lights than an usual unmarked car would have. It had the lights all around the reg plate so very evident even if the blue lights aren't on.

Have to say It's a beautiful car in that dark blue colour. The garda do need a few of the higher powered motor's as the current hyundai diesel's don't do the job if they are in pursuit of a high powered car. Similar to the move in the UK with unmarked BMW Mi140/Audi Rs3/Golf R.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Could Stravros not afford a clean hat???

Dohvolle wrote: »
    45 minute video about fireys and all you notice is a truckers hat?

In all honesty, I flicked through about 2 minutes of it and found it too annoying but between the hat, long hair, pretty poor looking hygiene and the camera work I bailed!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Aaron1416

Nice bit of information in relation to the PSNI land rovers. Roughly €100,000 a piece. https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/577421/response/1404040/attach/html/3/01198%20FOI%20Response.pdf.html

Aaron1416 wrote: »
    Nice bit of information in relation to the PSNI land rovers. Roughly €100,000 a piece. https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/577421/response/1404040/attach/html/3/01198%20FOI%20Response.pdf.html

I was only looking at some of the online articles this morning and was thinking what a fantastic all round vehicle they are. The bigger question is what do you replaced them with now they are dis-continued.

http://www.pangolin-armour.com/news4.php#mid

Saw that in the article

Short answer, there isn't anything.

The OVIK is a decent read. One I saw was the Jeep Patriot....god no!

The final example – a marked sedan attached to Surry Hills highway patrol near the Sydney CBD – handed in its stripes on 31 March 2021 after clocking up 86,156km over four years.

HA! Thats not even run in yet. They should have talked to the Irish lads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

carzony wrote: »

Yes, this is illegal.

carzony wrote: »

Pretty sure that exact van was posted on here a while back

• Registered Users Posts: 42 DAVE1972

not a fake , during the recent shooting tragedy in north cork i m almost 100% sure ERU arrived in one of those that same transit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭kub

DAVE1972 wrote: »
    not a fake , during the recent shooting tragedy in north cork i m almost 100% sure ERU arrived in one of those that same transit

I am fairly sure that the van I saw on that news report, eventhough it was the same model, it had a roof rack and one of those access ladders to the roof at the back of it.

Is there a roof rack on the one above ?

kub wrote: »
    I am fairly sure that the van I saw on that news report, eventhough it was the same model, it had a roof rack and one of those access ladders to the roof at the back of it.

Is there a roof rack on the one above ?

That was a Sprinter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

DAVE1972 wrote: »

The van used in that case was a sprinter.

The van in the video is 100% not a an emergency service vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭d51984

Coolock getting sneaky, Their using an unmarked possibly passat, could be 141 reg. Has been doing the rounds in my estate the last week. Ill try get a sneaky photo from window next time it comes in.

Its a disgrace Joe!

I'd go as far as 200%.

Haha beyond reasonable doubt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭mr cowen

d51984 wrote: »
    Coolock getting sneaky, Their using an unmarked possibly passat, could be 141 reg. Has been doing the rounds in my estate the last week. Ill try get a sneaky photo from window next time it comes in.

ehhhhh!! why? that would be a bit sad wouldn't it??...:(:(

What hope have we got as a society when these morons can't even hold a phone properly to video something, missed near every car that passed him, the R sounds great though....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭PatrickDoherty

Quick Question or 2,

Am I right in saying all the Skoda fleet parked up on Harcourt/hatch st are Organised Crime unit? Also are these known as just unmarked or are they ''undercover''?

What is deal with Gardai having cars to bring home at night? One detective in my area has a I40 home always its practically a company car for want of a better word, is this common?

Quick Question or 2,

Am I right in saying all the Skoda fleet parked up on Harcourt/hatch st are Organised Crime unit? Also are these known as just unmarked or are they ''undercover''?

What is deal with Gardai having cars to bring home at night? One detective in my area has a I40 home always its practically a company car for want of a better word, is this common?

Would you like names & addresses for all the gardai too??......

bubblypop wrote: »
    Would you like names & addresses for all the gardai too??......

I doubt he needs the address if its his area! :confused::confused:

Quick Question or 2,

1st no.

2nd some of these would be senior members so are the ones that have as company cars, they have the lights etc but not used on the beat.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Not a car video, but a video talking about cars, so I've left it out of the main submission thread.

In all seriousness, you should check the other videos on this channel, simply gripping story telling. Ben Pearson featured on the Police Interceptors series and he talks about how his career left him mentally and physically scarred to the point of early retirement.

delly wrote: »
    Not a car video, but a video talking about cars, so I've left it out of the main submission thread.

In all seriousness, you should check the other videos on this channel, simply gripping story telling. Ben Pearson featured on the Police Interceptors series and he talks about how his career left him mentally and physically scarred to the point of early retirement.

Yes I remember him on the show, I've watched a few....
    He liked the 2.8 turbo vxr Vectra they were savage quick ...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

The 'The Pursuit that HAUNTS me' video is gut wrenching. Living with that type of baggage explains a lot of what he went through.

I've been watching these for the last few weeks. I love the honesty in them. He talk about things the way they are, not in the PC way they have to on the shows.

It's like the Channel 4 doc a few years back.

Someone posted a youtube video of the new series of traffic cops I think it was a few weeks ago, any more episodes about online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

Someone posted a youtube video of the new series of traffic cops I think it was a few weeks ago, any more episodes about online?

Think it was me

It’s on YouTube police interceptors is on weekly and traffic cops

• Advertisement

POGAN wrote: »
    Think it was me

It’s on YouTube police interceptors is on weekly and traffic cops

https://youtu.be/0nbO9JhSTXI

Dome of those YouTube ones seem to be edited themselves I think. You can view them on the Channel 5 website. Has Traffic Cops and Interceptors too.

The only way they caught more was because there was less on the road and all the checkpoints which I've never seen in my lifetime.

Back to near zero again anyway.

UK has all this tech pre 2000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

The only way they caught more was because there was less on the road and all the checkpoints which I've never seen in my lifetime.

The trial has been operating since 2017.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Sure, we'll give them back so and not bother. It's not all traffic, it's been used plenty to catch gougers too.

donvito99 wrote: »
    The trial has been operating since 2017.

I know that

Sure, we'll give them back so and not bother. It's not all traffic, it's been used plenty to catch gougers too.

And rightly so ...

I don't think ye understands what I was getting at....

It's ridiculous how far in the stone age they are....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Serious Sci fi stuff there!!!

Email on the move???

What is this sorcery???

Buck Rogers in the 25th Century......???

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Regular getting more Access with lapdock and more features on the phone too

Next stage will be interesting non intercept speeding fines etc that will be shock to the system.

Drone system will be very interesting once it can start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Think I remember hearing that x5 was fitted with modified parts just before it was seized. The engine was rebuilt with stronger, bigger pistons ect..

Probably asked before but what is difference in ERU to the ASU, Are ERU mainly for special operations and emergencies and ASU are patrolling 24/7?

Seen an Audi Q7 jeep think it was 2020 reg by Christchurch a while ago silver bus nicest unmarked I've seen lit up briefly too anyone got pics of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

Regular getting more Access with lapdock and more features on the phone too

Next stage will be interesting non intercept speeding fines etc that will be shock to the system.

The handheld on tripods at checkpoints issuing tickets for no tax will be a shock to the system alright and may change our attitude to having no tax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Probably asked before but what is difference in ERU to the ASU, Are ERU mainly for special operations and emergencies and ASU are patrolling 24/7?

Seen an Audi Q7 jeep think it was 2020 reg by Christchurch a while ago silver bus nicest unmarked I've seen lit up briefly too anyone got pics of it?

I know its wiki but https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garda_Emergency_Response_Unit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garda_Armed_Support_Unit#:~:text=The%20Garda%20ERU%20are%20responsible,and%20a%20clean%20disciplinary%20record.

Anybody see the convoy this morning at the R132

• Advertisement

Raid in Malahide?

Do they still use the old 2004 transits

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMec7gcx7/

Raid in Malahide?

That's the one, nice unmarked superb in there

Nice Skoda at the end, did any one catch Skoda Ireland’s post during the week about hopefully seeing AGS in skodas

• Advertisement
Advertisement