Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

Given the recent snow, I have seen lots of marked Garda vehicles out and about, many of which were from the Roads Policing Unit. This is the new name for the Traffic Corp I think but I would love to know what this rebranding cost in the vehicle graphics alone? Serious amount of vehicles to be redone but on the plus side, they look way better now!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,031 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I could be wrong but I don't think they are retrofitting the new name on the old fleet. Instead any new acquirements will have the new name on them.
    I think this is the first time the Gardaí have ever used the phrase 'Police' or a version of the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

flazio wrote: »
    I could be wrong

You are! :D;)

I have seen 2 cars which have been retrofitted. I think it looks cheap and nasty!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,031 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Well then, even though I'm seated at a desk. I stand corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

X5 has air suspension, Q7 doesn't. That's the biggest difference

I thought the Q7 was on air! I remember driving a 07 one years ago and it was on air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I could be wrong but I don't think they are retrofitting the new name on the old fleet. Instead any new acquirements will have the new name on them.
    I think this is the first time the Gardaí have ever used the phrase 'Police' or a version of the word.

Any traffic corps vehicles already in the fleet are and will be re branded.

New vehicles will come into service with the new decal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Truckermal wrote: »
    I thought the Q7 was on air! I remember driving a 07 one years ago and it was on air.

Not as standard. Look at a Garda one the next time. Squats down at the back even when parked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Do the ERU and ARU vehicles not have 'Police' on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭source

ectoraige wrote: »
    Do the ERU and ARU vehicles not have 'Police' on them?

ERU are unmarked, RSU simple state "Armed Support".

ERU do use both Garda and Police on their black kit if memory serves me right.

Edit: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4f/7d/4b/4f7d4be415ae21ce0dc18c2dc575341e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Haven't seen it mentioned here, but saw unmarked Mondeo Vignale (traffic?) today, doing the rounds of the districts until it ceases to be effective ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭highdef

Capri wrote: »
    Haven't seen it mentioned here, but saw unmarked Mondeo Vignale (traffic?) today, doing the rounds of the districts until it ceases to be effective ?
    Are you questioning yourself if you saw it? You seem to be questioning yourself. Would love to know more about the Vignale though, whether Garda related or otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Panjandrums

This post has been deleted.

I don't think that a vignale would be purchased, as all the vignale has over the titanium spec (second lowest spec) is 6k worth of accessories once the top engine is picked.

They do buy special purchases at times. There are superb high spec and so on also.

They also had Mondeo v6 over the years.

Given to traffic after being used elsewhere.

https://youtu.be/AKo48o86zzI

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Given to traffic after being used elsewhere.

https://youtu.be/AKo48o86zzI

Reckoned that, as there's very few Vignales on the roads anyway and white isn't a popular colour in Ireland, I'd say 95% of white Mondeos are regd to AGS

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Panjandrums

This post has been deleted.

Saw 2 unmarked cars that really caught my eye this week. A grey Ford Focus ST with very subtle lights in the rear and very obvious ones behind the grill but I think this is well known garda car now.

There one care was blue Volkswagon Polo with lights in the grill and it was on CN plates. It was stuck in traffic as I walked along so got a good look at it and I could see the control unit on the dashboard. This vehicle has been totally confused, any ideas folks?

Saw 2 unmarked cars that really caught my eye this week. A grey Ford Focus ST with very subtle lights in the rear and very obvious ones behind the grill but I think this is well known garda car now.

There one care was blue Volkswagon Polo with lights in the grill and it was on CN plates. It was stuck in traffic as I walked along so got a good look at it and I could see the control unit on the dashboard. This vehicle has been totally confused, any ideas folks?

There are many which don't have D registration.

I seen a Toyota Celica wx reg few years ago on a job.

They have many types.

There are pics of the ST on here I think. The Polo could be a fire officers car. All AGS vehicles in general use are on D plates. There were a couple of second hand BMW's bought a few years back, some were on county plates and were replated as D regs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭source

There are pics of the ST on here I think. The Polo could be a fire officers car. All AGS vehicles in general use are on D plates. There were a couple of second hand BMW's bought a few years back, some were on county plates and were replated as D regs.

Yup the only cars AGS have that aren't D reg are surveillance cars and you wouldn't be able to tell those from any other car on the road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Why would they bother?

D Trent wrote: »
    Why would they bother?

Uniformity? Or perhaps so people don't panic when a Cork Reg car tries to pull them.

foreign wrote: »

Yeah I was thinking about this being the case maybe, still very odd car to use IMO.

Totally, get the D plate thing also above

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Cool looking santa fe. Did they buy many of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

carzony wrote: »
    Cool looking santa fe. Did they buy many of them?

It’s a Hyundai Tucson it’s part of the new tender coming in since March

Are these the 1.7 diesel 114 bhp????

What use are they to a road policing unit.

They will handle like a boat.

Are these the 1.7 diesel 114 bhp????

What use are they to a road policing unit.

They will handle like a boat.

Most likely motorway patrol vehicles to replace the d-max.

Most likely motorway patrol vehicles to replace the d-max.

Won't be much use for towing or any off road.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Saw a 2018 BMW 5 series estate with no markings on the Dublin quays on Wednesday evening last. Car was on UK plates and had a lightbar on top. Wonder was it a demo car.:confused:

• Advertisement

Hogzy wrote: »
    Saw a 2018 BMW 5 series estate with no markings on the Dublin quays on Wednesday evening last. Car was on UK plates and had a lightbar on top. Wonder was it a demo car.:confused:

Possible test as all last ones they got were old model.

Armed unit has many 162s

Advertisement