Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

foreign wrote: »
    There's a 67 Reg Merc like that in the last season of Line of Duty too. I wonder if its that same car?

The Kia film police cars never seemed to catch on.

Yeah a relative who’s an officer over told me the Kia Optima from
    Batman was a new purchase lol, but yeah i adamant the merc is legit

Did the coffee thing for the lads near my neighborhood again today.

I felt sorry for them on 2 fronts. It’s f**king freezing and they were driving a KONA!!!

Happy Christmas!!!

Happy Christmas lad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭Dohvolle

Happy Christmas folks, Hope ye aren't on duty, and if ye are, that it's one where the "q" word happens, but is never spoken of.
    Because you can get some pretty shjtty calls on Christmas day, no matter what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Happy Christmas to all in the emergency services, you all do a wonderful job except for the few bad apples as# hats but luckily those are low in numbers.....

Happy New Year also and hope we get out of this covid crap.

Merry Christmas everyone stay safe

• Advertisement

Unless it's massively undercover no. They are displaying an Axa insurance disc with CVRT disc, additionally a parking ticket, neither would be a requirement on an official vehicle, likely some lad who watched one too many episodes of The A-Team as a kid and doesn't understand what putting blue lights on his van will result in.

CVRT disk is not required on garda vehicles, but would be found on other State owned vehicles (who may be blue light). If in doubt, the tax disk is a giveaway, but it definitely should not have an insurance disk.
    "Undercover" could have fake disks but not blue lights.
    The Crash bar screams Irish indigenous ethnic minority to me.
    Some guys put blue solid leds in the grille for decoration, it's fine in other EU countries, but not here.

Dohvolle wrote: »
    CVRT disk is not required on garda vehicles, but would be found on other State owned vehicles (who may be blue light). If in doubt, the tax disk is a giveaway, but it definitely should not have an insurance disk.
    Some guys put blue solid leds in the grille for decoration, it's fine in other EU countries, but not here.

I wonder did he hit the switch by accident or was it done to throw off parking attendant.....

Bull bar screams that alright as they're totally illegal from2005 or 06 can't recall.....

I wonder did he hit the switch by accident or was it done to throw off parking attendant.....

Bull bar screams that alright as they're totally illegal from2005 or 06 can't recall.....

You are correct, and I was thinking the same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

That van is not in the fleet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Bull bars are illegal ?

• Advertisement

Bull bars are illegal ?

Only if it isn't type approved by Manufacturer, but also it may be in breach of SI 190 of 1963 that states:
    32. A vehicle first registered on or after the 1st day of July, 1964 shall not have any inessential object in a position where it is likely to strike any person involved in a collision with the vehicle, unless injury is not likely to be caused by reason of the projection of the object.

96. (1) Every vehicle while used in a public place shall be such, and so maintained and used, that no danger is likely to be caused to any person.

Bull bars increase the chance of injury to pedestrians.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

POGAN wrote:

I really want to find out the full story here. (Could be that a full week at home has taken it's toll!)

POGAN wrote: »

Not in any fleet from any state organ. 100% fake. The unedited reg is needed

Bull bars are illegal ?

Yes after 2005/6 you can fit pedestrian friendly ones though.....

It shouldn't pass a cvrt or NCT depending on vehicle.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Dohvolle wrote: »
    I've seen 'State Claims Agency' Insurance discs on some official cars so they do exist

Capri wrote: »
    I've seen 'State Claims Agency' Insurance discs on some official cars so they do exist

They do, but not AXA ones on state vehicles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Maybe I have rose tinted glasses on but seeing the Ford Explorer up the Sally Gap today with roads closed.

Did someone make the right move in deciding that they were the best vehicle for the job or was it just a stroke of luck?

Maybe I have rose tinted glasses on but seeing the Ford Explorer up the Sally Gap today with roads closed.

Did someone make the right move in deciding that they were the best vehicle for the job or was it just a stroke of luck?

Luck.
    Ford won the 4x4 tender, and past winters have demonstrated their necessity, so more were bought than in the past. The Beast from the east demonstrated that if you didn't have 4x4, you were staying home. West cork even has one that isn't marked up for roads policing, and they have plenty of use for a vehicle of that type. Some have an underpowered engine though. 2.2 Duratorq is fine for a mondeo, but not for a 2 tonne pickup expected to maintain motorway speeds.
    There was a few pajeros too, I think the water unit have one, but Mitsubishi stopped making them, and have now withdrawn completely from the European market, so we'll see no more of them. That said, those we have will last forever.

Explorer ?? Surely it was a Ranger ?
    And are some of the Tucsons not 4WD,so there's ample 4WD around.
    The Troopers in V6 and Diesel lasted a long time, the last one i saw was in Dundrum. Quite a few unmarked L Cruisers as well and maybe some of the Superbs are 4WD ?

Capri wrote: »
    Explorer ?? Surely it was a Ranger ?
    And are some of the Tucsons not 4WD,so there's ample 4WD around.
    The Troopers in V6 and Diesel lasted a long time, the last one i saw was in Dundrum. Quite a few unmarked L Cruisers as well and maybe some of the Superbs are 4WD ?

Trooper still in Dundrum, 2004 year.

Land cruiser have probably been the best buy, most 2006 and still going.

The top spec Tucson I've seen are all unmarked but wouldn't be many.

Skoda Kodiaq there are a few but believe these are 2wd but open to correction.

Haven't see Isuzu Dmax in a while....

• Advertisement

I am looking forward seeing these on the road marked and unmarked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

POGAN wrote: »
    I am looking forward seeing these on the road marked and unmarked

Won't be for a long time. I'd imagine they bought up a ball of the old model cheap

Won't be for a long time. I'd imagine they bought up a ball of the old model cheap
    Singapore got a load as well
    https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/high-tech-police-car-to-hit-the-road-by-2024

Audi S6 police in the land of Škoda https://www.carthrottle.com/post/woe3zep/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Hyundai doing very well out of the emergency services market in the last few years.

Mostly gone already... these are coming soon

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭d51984

Coolock have a silver unmarked Tuscon, think its a 202 reg. Was on my road last night, had to look twice.

Its a disgrace Joe!

d51984 wrote: »
    Coolock have a silver unmarked Tuscon, think its a 202 reg. Was on my road last night, had to look twice.

Like this one

https://www.flickr.com/photos/be216cd1/50401740992/

Good few around!

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭d51984

The very one. They will deffo catch a few heads unaware!

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Advertisement

d51984 wrote: »
    The very one. They will deffo catch a few heads unaware!

They blend in

Advertisement