Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

There's even sat-nav and android auto these days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

There's even sat-nav and android auto these days!

The new vans have rear reseves camera

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭Dohvolle

Any Coincidence that the Garda fleet manager job became civilian around the same time?

Dohvolle wrote: »
    Any Coincidence that the Garda fleet manager job became civilian around the same time?

No. The role has been a civilian for a while now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

No. The role has been a civilian for a while now.

When the cash got tight pretty much...(still is)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Mad to see the old Mondeo's, avensis still around at Harcourt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

Anyone here old enough to remember Oliver Hanlon in the Garage in Phoenix Park ?

Mad to see the old Mondeo's, avensis still around at Harcourt

Still Mileage on them... keep them going. Remember OPC vectra

POGAN wrote: »
    Still Mileage on them... keep them going. Remember OPC vectra

Certainly, I guess it's more senior lads and lassies driving them anyway as sitting up most of the time.
    Better cars then what is coming in anyway.

2.0 Mondeo were sweet to drive.

Certainly, I guess it's more senior lads and lassies driving them anyway as sitting up most of the time.
    Better cars then what is coming in anyway.

2.0 Mondeo were sweet to drive.

You'd be surprised the units that are driving them.

Senior ranks all have Tuscons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

foreign wrote: »
    The radio units have been left in since 2018.

Had this something to do with structural integrity of the dash safety and was brought about by a personal injuries claim to a member (make up your on puns ).

You'd be surprised the units that are driving them.

Senior ranks all have Tuscons

The silver 3 litre mondeo showed up a scene there last week I was like wtf is that doing here lol

The silver 3 litre mondeo showed up a scene there last week I was like wtf is that doing here lol

Haven't seen a V6 in a long time....

Loved the zetec s in red with the 17" alloys, they looked the bizz

Bigus wrote: »
    Had this something to do with structural integrity of the dash safety and was brought about by a personal injuries claim to a member (make up your on puns ).

Doesn’t Hyundai want to build in active mobility / ANPR in to the onboard computers anyway?

Bigus wrote: »

I'd heard the first part but not the second.

Doesn’t Hyundai want to build in active mobility / ANPR in to the onboard computers anyway?

Don't know about ANPR but the phone will link with the on board computer with USB I believe. I don't have access to either

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Aaron1416

I have an active mobility device...a phone... it does connect to the Hyundai but only as far as android auto. So google maps, Spotify (for nights) and phone calls but the interior car speaker is connected to tetra so can’t speak on calls only listen.. great thinking.

I sent active mobility section an email just enquiring into possibly having a screen mirror Type system. Where as anpr/vehicle checks show on the in car screen. So being able to do anyway with 3rd party anpr screens but they didn’t bite

Aaron1416 wrote: »
    I have an active mobility device...a phone... it does connect to the Hyundai but only as far as android auto. So google maps, Spotify (for nights) and phone calls but the interior car speaker is connected to tetra so can’t speak on calls only listen.. great thinking.

I sent active mobility section an email just enquiring into possibly having a screen mirror Type system. Where as anpr/vehicle checks show on the in car screen. So being able to do anyway with 3rd party anpr screens but they didn’t bite

Must be an issue with your car. Android auto and bluetooth work fine in all of ours.

You didn’t get the laptop?

Must be an issue with your car. Android auto and bluetooth work fine in all of ours.

It’s updated... ask the lads in local garage to sorted it if stick message me

• Advertisement

It’s updated... ask the lads in local garage to sorted it if stick message me

Ours works fine. My only issue is other people's problems with my fantastic spotify playlists

Ours works fine. My only issue is other people's problems with my fantastic spotify playlists

It depends on the car when it was last updated.

Single crewed playlists for you 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Aaron1416

You didn’t get the laptop?

They have another fancy name for that too! I got the Dex but havnt found much use as of yet. I’m sure it’s brilliant in smaller stations and one mans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭Dohvolle

The boss and I shared a car back from the far end of west cork and she had issues with my playlist. She found the live (24 minute with the synthesised whale noises) version of Pink Floyd's Echoes a bit weird. Up to then we had her playlist of mostly culchie music. Songs about baling hay and that kinda nonsense. Music people in Tullamore listen to.
    However she soon fell asleep. Job done.

Needs updating, it’s not syncing correctly

Dohvolle wrote: »
    The boss and I shared a car back from the far end of west cork and she had issues with my playlist. She found the live (24 minute with the synthesised whale noises) version of Pink Floyd's Echoes a bit weird. Up to then we had her playlist of mostly culchie music. Songs about baling hay and that kinda nonsense. Music people in Tullamore listen to.
    However she soon fell asleep. Job done.

😂 long road in west cork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Haven't seen a V6 in a long time....

Loved the zetec s in red with the 17" alloys, they looked the bizz
    That ZETEC S was treated like a baby, always polished up any time I saw it. Wonder if he's got one of the Vignale ones now?

Capri wrote: »
    That ZETEC S was treated like a baby, always polished up any time I saw it. Wonder if he's got one of the Vignale ones now?

Yes it was probably the cleanest Garda service vehicle I've ever seen.

They have another fancy name for that too! I got the Dex but havnt found much use as of yet. I’m sure it’s brilliant in smaller stations and one mans

Lapdock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

This is like reading Back Channel Chat . . . . . . .

Advertisement