Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

POGAN wrote: »
    Regular getting more Access with lapdock and more features on the phone too

Next stage will be interesting non intercept speeding fines etc that will be shock to the system.

The handheld on tripods at checkpoints issuing tickets for no tax will be a shock to the system alright and may change our attitude to having no tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Probably asked before but what is difference in ERU to the ASU, Are ERU mainly for special operations and emergencies and ASU are patrolling 24/7?

Seen an Audi Q7 jeep think it was 2020 reg by Christchurch a while ago silver bus nicest unmarked I've seen lit up briefly too anyone got pics of it?

I know its wiki but https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garda_Emergency_Response_Unit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garda_Armed_Support_Unit#:~:text=The%20Garda%20ERU%20are%20responsible,and%20a%20clean%20disciplinary%20record.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

Anybody see the convoy this morning at the R132

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

Raid in Malahide?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Do they still use the old 2004 transits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Aaron1416

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMec7gcx7/

Raid in Malahide?

That's the one, nice unmarked superb in there

Nice Skoda at the end, did any one catch Skoda Ireland’s post during the week about hopefully seeing AGS in skodas

Aaron1416 wrote: »
    Nice Skoda at the end, did any one catch Skoda Ireland’s post during the week about hopefully seeing AGS in skodas

Would love to see some vRS

Would love to see some vRS

Very popular in UK. Big fan of the Northamptonshire VRS. Might be a good idea for fleet especially now with the 1.6 Hybrid model in the newer shape.

• Advertisement

Very popular in UK. Big fan of the Northamptonshire VRS. Might be a good idea for fleet especially now with the 1.6 Hybrid model in the newer shape.

Yes, smashing motor.

I see the hybrid is 1.4

Yes, smashing motor.

I see the hybrid is 1.4

There is also a 1.0 petrol hybrid 110Bhp Estate version. Would ideally replace the i40 and would be very close to the KW/tonne required for cbd certs

As much as I’d love to see a fleet of vrs, it’s a pipe dream! More than likely they will chose scala’s!

That's the one, nice unmarked superb in there

Couple around and one on rpu too but no more
    Coming

Word on the benches is that skodas are in once the Hyundai contract goes out. I hope this is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Word on the benches is that skodas are in once the Hyundai contract goes out. I hope this is the case.

And hopefully back to petrol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭ratracer

How long is left on the Hyundai contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Dohvolle

And hopefully back to petrol

It would be great to see Ireland get over its attachment to diesel. Diesel is for trucks & tractors. Not cars, whether they have blue lights or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

ratracer wrote: »
    How long is left on the Hyundai contract?

Once a tender is awarded, AGS has the option to renew the original tender to a maximum of 2 times, IIRC. So if the original tender is for 50 cars, AGS can then purchase a further 100 cars before going to tender again. Or they can choose not to, and go to tender again after the original tender is completed.

Hyundai won 5 of the last 6 tenders, with Skoda winning the 6th one.

We have skodas, great cars :)

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/northantssciu/status/1400452438537080844?s=21 Very nice new Skoda VRS, on trial from Skoda UK to Northamptonshire. I wonder if something similar would be offered to the driving school in the college or the depot as I assume they do the trials for possible tender vehicles

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭Markcheese

From a longevity point of view , I would have though going for a 2 litre diesel would make more sense than a 1.6 diesel - if you're going to put up hundreds of thousands of kms on a vehicle , then 20 % more displacement is going to make a huge difference ...
    (Assuming the skodas are available in 2 litre diesel these days ) ,I know they'll use more fuel , (which is a big deal over the life of a vehicle ) ,
    Or go for a decent plug in hybrid - should be less fuel pootling about - a bit of grunt when required and better reliability..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Markcheese wrote: »
    From a longevity point of view , I would have though going for a 2 litre diesel would make more sense than a 1.6 diesel - if you're going to put up hundreds of thousands of kms on a vehicle , then 20 % more displacement is going to make a huge difference ...
    (Assuming the skodas are available in 2 litre diesel these days ) ,I know they'll use more fuel , (which is a big deal over the life of a vehicle ) ,
    Or go for a decent plug in hybrid - should be less fuel pootling about - a bit of grunt when required and better reliability..

The vRS is coming with a hybrid option

I wonder if something similar would be offered to the driving school in the college or the depot as I assume they do the trials for possible tender vehicles

Driving school and traffic units have trialed vehicles in the past and then someone who doesn't drive to emergency calls makes a decision on what to buy. Skoda have had the Octavia on trial a few years back along with the Yeti. You can guess the outcome of that yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Dohvolle

foreign wrote: »
    Driving school and traffic units have trialed vehicles in the past and then someone who doesn't drive to emergency calls makes a decision on what to buy. Skoda have had the Octavia on trial a few years back along with the Yeti. You can guess the outcome of that yourself.

Ah jaysus not the Yeti. A choice between the 2L Diesel that needs Ad Blue or a 1.2 petrol?
    Thankfully Skoda stopped making them because Ad Blue!
    However, both the Superb and Octavia have cavernous boots.

We have superbs but a lot of members can't drive them? Something to do with newer driving courses

bubblypop wrote: »
    We have superbs but a lot of members can't drive them? Something to do with newer driving courses

It’s cbd3 course for them is my understanding

Sure chiefs is back in fashion! 😂

No idea what this means!

• Advertisement

bubblypop wrote: »
    No idea what this means!

Highest driving course, so they need to be trained and tested and pass as a competent advanced driver.

Advertisement