Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

D Trent wrote: »
    Yeah this is one of them. There's another newer model silver Traffic Corps I think it might be attached to Roscommon saw it on M6 Galway once

That looks like one of the batch management got from psni the lightbar hasnt changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

I thought they removed electronic braking.

They did on insignias

Nope, the Avenue and now the i40's have them. No place in patrol cars. You can't just jump in a go. Seatbelt has to be on or you have to hold buttons and press pedals.

Why are they doing this...lol, who in management thinks this is sensible decision and they are clearly penny pincher i have never seen such muck being purchased

The word is we are getting transits. Public order unit got a few new ones recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

foreign wrote: »
    The word is we are getting transits. Public order unit got a few new ones recently.

Rumour I have heard to which I think is true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Full size transits or connects?

flazio wrote: »
    Full size transits or connects?

Full size.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

I personally think the new shape transits look terrible but once they drive well i guess that's all that matters.

Are the gates on Windows seen PO van full size recent at the IFSC its a big intimidating bus if you but a kit on it

Don't really understand what you are saying here.

• Advertisement

Are the gates on Windows seen PO van full size recent at the IFSC its a big intimidating bus if you but a kit on it

Sorry, what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Whatever you've been taking, I'd like some too.

Looks like more i40s on the way saw new facelift 161 unmarked on blues towards dail

Ok I never noticed the number of typos i was walking and typing and also working haha and something happened real quick so I couldn't fix it.
    What I meant to say was "Are the gate or fencing on the windows of the transits as i seen public order van the full size one recently at the IFSC building it looks its a big intimidating if you put the kit on it"
    Cheers for destroying me though great craic lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Ok I never noticed the number of typos i was walking and typing and also working haha and something happened real quick so I couldn't fix it.
    What I meant to say was "Are the gate or fencing on the windows of the transits as i seen public order van the full size one recently at the IFSC building it looks its a big intimidating if you put the kit on it"
    Cheers for destroying me though great craic lol

No cages as glass is toughened

No cages as glass is toughened

That stuff is crap though.

• Advertisement

That stuff is crap though.

Heard great things about it seem to no issue I was aware of

POGAN wrote: »
    Heard great things about it seem to no issue I was aware of

When it gets hit with a brick and the car or van is travelling, toward the object it penetrates the window, the plastic is not strong enough. If you have multiple missiles thrown it gives way.
    Paddys day was a fun day...lol

Why are they doing this...lol, who in management thinks this is sensible decision and they are clearly penny pincher i have never seen such muck being purchased

I'd say Harris are importers for LDV. Saw one on the road this afternoon owned by a private company. It had a reference to http://www.saicgroup.com/English/ on the rear doors.

I'd say Harris are importers for LDV. Saw one on the road this afternoon owned by a private company. It had a reference to http://www.saicgroup.com/English/ on the rear doors.

Im just think of the old LDV's the met use to use in 90 to early 2000 and how horrific they where.
    seen a printing company out where i live have a fleet of them. I think they use nissan engines.

Im just think of the old LDV's the met use to use in 90 to early 2000 and how horrific they where.
    seen a printing company out where i live have a fleet of them. I think they use nissan engines.

Don't think they be used by ags think the transits have been order last September

• Advertisement

Don't think they be used by ags think the transits have been order last September

They are a strange purchase...if they get them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

They are a strange purchase...if they get them

Been a problem kitting them out with the cell in the rear, between AGS and Ford

infacteh wrote: »
    Been a problem kitting them out with the cell in the rear, between AGS and Ford

I'd say the problem probably lies with AGS considering they like to cut corners when purchasing equipment.

I remember when LDV was a favourite of the London Ambulance Service for their fleet.

10090243856_277063332a_b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Loved the V8 LDV's , but about 10mpg if even that in hard use !!!

The SAIC/LDV/Maxus is a van model, originally produced by LDV Limited. It was launched in late 2004. The model was jointly developed by LDV and Daewoo Motor, prior to Daewoo entering receivership in 2000, in a five-year, £500 million development programme. Following General Motors' acquisition of Daewoo, LDV secured the exclusive rights to the vehicle, purchased the tooling and moved it from Daewoo's plant in Lublin, Poland to the LDV site in Birmingham. A version of the Maxus is manufactured by GAZ.
    In 2011, the Chinese company Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation (SAIC) launched a new commercial vehicle marque called Maxus, following its acquisition of the intellectual property of LDV in 2010.[4][5] The LDV Maxus model was relaunched by SAIC as the V80 in June 2011.

IF cost is the main criteria then LDV might get the order, but if local servicing/reliability are a factor then I'd be going for Ford. Somehow the Transit ticks all the boxes BUT Ford mightn't be playing ball on price because it's in high demand worldwide (Look at the 'new' Mondeo, it was on the American market (AFIR) 2 years before coming here ) Now the Mazda 6 ........;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ratracer

Capri wrote: »
    Loved the V8 LDV's , but about 10mpg if even that in hard use !!!

IF cost is the main criteria then LDV might get the order, but if local servicing/reliability are a factor then I'd be going for Ford. Somehow the Transit ticks all the boxes BUT Ford mightn't be playing ball on price because it's in high demand worldwide (Look at the 'new' Mondeo, it was on the American market (AFIR) 2 years before coming here ) Now the Mazda 6 ........;)

I wouldn't wish a mazda6 on anyone, mine has my heart broken with reliability issues, and it only gets average use!! Wouldn't like to see it in constant use!

The unmarked i40 facelift looks really well must say, the saloon that is. Apparently, some engine tweaking was done by Hyundai within regulations for police use on the newer models due to complaints...dont know if that's true though heard from a driver

The unmarked i40 facelift looks really well must say, the saloon that is. Apparently, some engine tweaking was done by Hyundai within regulations for police use on the newer models due to complaints...dont know if that's true though heard from a driver

I saw tourer version so must be few them, there was on at bluebell fire last night too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭Terrontress

I'd say the problem probably lies with AGS considering they like to cut corners when purchasing equipment.

I had heard that Ford did a factory police spec Transit with a cage and seats for arresting officers to accompany a prisoner. Instead of buying this, AGS bought standard Transits and put their own cage in. The cage they used was too heavy and putting in additional seats for arresting officers would have put the vehicle over its maximum gross weight so it was not fit for purpose in the end. Try to save a few bob and end up wasting 25 grand.

I had heard that Ford did a factory police spec Transit with a cage and seats for arresting officers to accompany a prisoner. Instead of buying this, AGS bought standard Transits and put their own cage in. The cage they used was too heavy and putting in additional seats for arresting officers would have put the vehicle over its maximum gross weight so it was not fit for purpose in the end. Try to save a few bob and end up wasting 25 grand.

Same problem in 2008 that took out back seats

• Advertisement

They were the old ones. The seats had to be removed. If the new ones are like the public order vans they have four wheels on the rear axle so should get away without that problem.

I saw tourer version so must be few them, there was on at bluebell fire last night too

White? If so it's one that was going to be marked up but put into service as nothing else available.

White? If so it's one that was going to be marked up but put into service as nothing else available.

No it was unmarked i have photo on the iPad But not with me

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Harry Bosch.

No it was unmarked i have photo on the iPad But not with me
    It is D.M.R South Central task forces I40.There is two of them in service.

Thanks harry, nice job to be fair

I believe they have two saloons, not the tourer.

Yup thats true, one black and another one silver the rest are mondeo's.

I seen a video on youtube of the mondeo and i40 they have, seemed to be flying to donnybrook.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Harry Bosch.

You are correct. A Navy one, both very nice cars.

I had a good photo of that land cruiser trying to find it on me phone. the doors and panels are not for your regular toyota that's for sure. Reminds me of the beast obama used.

That's AFIK 'B6 level' armouring http://www.armormax.com/armored-cars/bulletproof-b6-toyota-landcruiser-protection-right-hand-drive but what gets me is that instead of the blacked out rear windows (that would make it less conspicious / look like one of our 'commercial conversion' LC's ) the ** 'forgot' to specify dark glass - as for Obama's 'Beast' , the SUV he used in Moneygall wasn't the 'Beast' , it was a B6/7 Chevy Suburban http://www.armormax.com/armored-cars/bulletproof-2013-chevy-suburban whereas the real 'Beast' is based on a Suburban chassis with a Cadillac limo lookalike body on top http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2011/05/23/obamas-limo-the-beast-bottoms-out-gets-stuck-in-ireland/

As for the ** , perhaps they should be renamed 'The Stupid Service' :cool:

• Advertisement

It's one the remarks that got called back 2011/2012 anything with low mileage on it took lot from cork I remember that.

Ex AC 2.5 Mondeo was remarked an given to Wexford traffic too it's silver

Saw a tidy 'V6' Mondeo , think it was green , can't see it getting marked up , tho in Germany and elsewhere they wrap the police/army vehicles now so anything is possible :eek: http://www.technosigns.com/police-vehicle-wraps/

Saw a 09 Superb outside Harcourt St so that's putting up the years if not the miles , never seen any in Traffic tho'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

The Explorer interceptor is a serious bit of kit for its size. 3.5 twin turbo, 0-60 in under 7 seconds and handles far better then the Crown Vic.

Also looks like its set to dominate law enforcement fleets across northern American alongside the Charger for the next number of years. If it's good enough for the California highway patrol then it's good enough for anyone else.

2002 avensis and 2000 carolla at pearse street, would love to know the mileage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

2004 black focus outside courts yesterday. very,very rough looking. No shine left on the bodywork, steel wheels rusted, and looked like there was actually green mould on the roof. she lasted this long though :)

I seen a navy 2004 vauxhall sri unmarked today at the IFSC. looked run into the ground. They should be removed from the fleet.

161 DFB i40 today, I think silver/white with DFB markings, too quick to get a shot.

• Advertisement

161 DFB i40 today, I think silver/white with DFB markings, too quick to get a shot.

It is with, the facelift model not to shabby...

Yeah it is white, theres photos going around of it, facelift model

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

The unmarked i40 read blues are very hard to see at night. I Was on the motorway tonight and they had a car pulled, the rear blue lights are not very noticable. Seems a bit dangerous.

I think the best thing might be to install the rear blue from the rear screen.

carzony wrote: »
    The unmarked i40 read blues are very hard to see at night. I Was on the motorway tonight and they had a car pulled, the rear blue lights are not very noticable. Seems a bit dangerous.

I think the best thing might be to install the rear blue from the rear screen.

I they are testing a new rear light patern on some cars now, there is video on youtube (search gardai) of an unmarked focus hatch with rear reds and blues on bumper. Looks awful though...

I seen a navy 2004 vauxhall sri unmarked today at the IFSC. looked run into the ground. They should be removed from the fleet.

Is that not the standard Vectra that's actually an Opel except the rear boot?

• Advertisement
Advertisement