Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,519 ✭✭✭✭Esel

flazio wrote: »
    Is the back plate of that Maestro yellow?

Calling Jeremy Clarkson, Maestro on the loose, with dodgy plates. :)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭kub

No its not yellow, it's a white, road traffic act states black numeric and lettering with the max limit of two letters on a white plate for Southern Irish registered cars from 86 upward I think.
    I know you didn't ask that but just saying just to clarify ha

The plates in use now as in white at front and rear came into being in 1987, before that the front plate was white, the rear one was red.
    The one pictured is red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

kub wrote: »
    The plates in use now as in white at front and rear came into being in 1987, before that the front plate was white, the rear one was red.
    The one pictured is red.

Think my screen needs to be configured because it's white on my phone but pc it's red 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Here's a City of London cycle safety event.

The Mondeo has dash and grille blues

392434.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

392434.jpeg[\img]

'57' is our 07 so that Mondeo along with a lot of 07's here is holding it's own though City work wouldn't tax it as much as our road network . Just looking at the 'black' patches on the Beemer's bumper, wonder are they strobes :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Capri wrote: »

392434.jpeg[\img]

'57' is our 07 so that Mondeo along with a lot of 07's here is holding it's own though City work wouldn't tax it as much as our road network . Just looking at the 'black' patches on the Beemer's bumper, wonder are they strobes :confused:

On a lot of the CoL Police cars, they are colouring the bonnet Matt black. I'm told it's to prevent glare from the sun bouncing off the bonnet. I'm not sure whether that's while driving, and if so why is it a police specific problem, or is it when working outside the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Rebelkid

Passed new ford ranger today on N20 Cork-Mallow road setting up a checkpoint, now has full signage on top very impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

Rebelkid wrote: »
    Passed new ford ranger today on N20 Cork-Mallow road setting up a checkpoint, now has full signage on top very impressive.

It got the matrix installed into last week, very impressive

POGAN wrote: »
    It got the matrix installed into last week, very impressive

What is matrix? I've never seen or heard of it...

What is matrix? I've never seen or heard of it...

Matrix board on dmax

• Advertisement

Matrix board on dmax

Oh I've seen that just didn't know the tech name of it lol

Cheers for that lad

Oh I've seen that just didn't know the tech name of it lol

Cheers for that lad

No problem at all

It was trial, great car but all down to cost

When was it on trial? Yeah we are so far behind then it's actually scary...

When was it on trial? Yeah we are so far behind then it's actually scary...

2012/2013

2012/2013

Oh I thought it was new trial I seen the Octavian saloon close up very nice car was perfect for policing...nice power also considering it's basically a Passat lol

Oh I thought it was new trial I seen the Octavian saloon close up very nice car was perfect for policing...nice power also considering it's basically a Passat lol

Thinking it could be redone 2015 before Audi where annouced they tested for RSU if my memory right

Black Q7 151 and two silver mondeos flying by me on the R132

Interesting green lights LED's being used on NAS rapid response cars now...there was transit in the city centre today with them on

Q - Are any colours other than blue (emergency) and amber (construction/towing) LEGAL ???

NAS Skoda is Wicklow Rapid Response sponsored/supplied by Sinnots Skoda , I suppose with all this LGBT high profile we can expect a rainbow led light system soon :P . You'd miss the old single blue light on the roof http://news.images.itv.com/image/file/99710/article_21b76d93260be51e_1349171723_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭easygoing1982

Q - Are any colours other than blue (emergency) and amber (construction/towing) LEGAL ???

NAS Skoda is Wicklow Rapid Response sponsored/supplied by Sinnots Skoda

It's not a NAS vehicle. It's a NAS asset. It's a bit like a CFR travelling to a call. It's not a NAS vehicle they're travelling in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

That's the insignia. Plenty of them about in estate version. They look great..

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

carzony wrote: »
    That's the insignia. Plenty of them about in estate version. They look great..

Agreed, think the Traffic Unit in Blanchardstown had a marked estate one for awhile anyway as I used to regularly see it on the Navan Road around Blanch. Fine looking machine for sure.

Now this is more like it

Now this is more like it

I have more photos il put tonight

I have more photos il put tonight

Top lad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,519 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Now this is more like it

Why the graphics on the rear side windows, as they would seem to seriously restrict visibility?

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Why the graphics on the rear side windows, as they would seem to seriously restrict visibility?

Weapons bay is in the boot, the weapons cannot be displayed through clear glass and I think the glass on the rear are hi vised as it does not have any effects to blind spots and can make it impossible to view into the boot.
    I can be corrected on that but I think that's why. What I do know is they got advice from the mets firearms procurement as to the way it should be designed and layed out in comparison with ARV units.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ratracer

The 5 series are serious looking machines. I presume they are specced with at least as much power as the Q7?
    I know which one i'd prefer to take for a jaunt:)

• Advertisement

ratracer wrote: »
    The 5 series are serious looking machines. I presume they are specced with at least as much power as the Q7?
    I know which one i'd prefer to take for a jaunt:)

I think something like the Audi Allroad / Octavia Scout would be a better compromise considering the state of our roads and the proliferation of non-uniform speed bumps :mad::mad: With a unit loaded up there are a lot of speed bumps that would tear the arse out of anything less than a Hummer but at the same time a Q7 mightn't have the top end of the Allroad (Q7 - 137mph /Allroad 150mph )

Never seen this model before it would look well marked

The Insignias come from the factory with all the lights installed, and they're well lit up when activated. Compared with the i40 rear set up that can hardly be seen behind the lenses when activated.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

I saw a black Hyundai Santa Fe with a Led light bar( like the ones emergency vehicles have) on top which was a solid blue light, driving in the bus lane on the N11 today.
    Anyone seen it before?

Boaty wrote: »
    I saw a black Hyundai Santa Fe with a Led light bar( like the ones emergency vehicles have) on top which was a solid blue light, driving in the bus lane on the N11 today.
    Anyone seen it before?

Think it's the Wicklow RR lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭irishgti

Just spotted today a charity cycle heading into Galway and at the back was a black unmarked motorcycle with blue strobe in the front and on the back don't know who it was

irishgti wrote: »
    Just spotted today a charity cycle heading into Galway and at the back was a black unmarked motorcycle with blue strobe in the front and on the back don't know who it was

A Walt.

foreign wrote: »
    Think it's the Wicklow RR lad.

Wicklow RR using a well marked Skoda Yeti , as for the Santa Fe ......:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

re. Capri's pic of the Pajero

That model of Pajero has essentially been around since 1999, with a minor facelift in 2006. Its underpinnings are still very much that of the original. I'd say there was a big discount on it more than anything else..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

That Pajero will eventually be fully marked up for traffic corps. Looks cool with the tinted windows though :)

Wicklow RR using a well marked Skoda Yeti , as for the Santa Fe ......:confused:

Fairly sure I've a picture of it. I'll have a look for it. It's an old one.

I have seen that Skoda Yeti over in UCD grounds several times over the last few months, will try to get a picture next time it's there.

Remember a few years back, Skoda had an Yeti & Octavia marked up as emergency vehicles & they moved from dealership to dealership, they looked very well.

I have seen that Skoda Yeti over in UCD grounds several times over the last few months, will try to get a picture next time it's there.

Remember a few years back, Skoda had an Yeti & Octavia marked up as emergency vehicles & they moved from dealership to dealership, they looked very well.

This was up at Vincent's Hospital.

10_23_09_16_6_56_11.jpeg

In relation to Wicklow Rapid Response here is an extract from an article on their launch;
    Staffed by volunteer Doctor David Menzies who is a Consultant in Emergency Medicine at St. Vincent’s University Hospital. He also has an academic commitment to the Paramedic and Advanced Paramedic Training Programmes at University College Dublin Centre for Emergency Medical Science in partnership with the National Ambulance Service. Dr Menzies responds in his own time from home and also from work when circumstances allow.

Wicklow News

I believe that he carried out this service long before the set up of the Community Rapid Response service, like the WCRR. I had seen the black jeep in Vincent's a couple of times and it has a few radios on board.

There is also a Dublin Rapid Response based out of a GP service in D8. They use the old ECRR Volvo estate. The WCRR Hilux was also passed on to another group.

• Advertisement

foreign wrote: »
    This was up at Vincent's Hospital.

10_23_09_16_6_56_11.jpeg

In relation to Wicklow Rapid Response here is an extract from an article on their launch;

Wicklow News

I believe that he carried out this service long before the set up of the Community Rapid Response service, like the WCRR. I had seen the black jeep in Vincent's a couple of times and it has a few radios on board.

There is also a Dublin Rapid Response based out of a GP service in D8. They use the old ECRR Volvo estate. The WCRR Hilux was also passed on to another group.

I have seen the Yeti parked on Greenfield Park, which is close to a back gate of UCD, no idea where is it there but I have seen it on more than one occasion

I have seen the Yeti parked on Greenfield Park, which is close to a back gate of UCD, no idea where is it there but I have seen it on more than one occasion

Greenfield Pk is near the UCD Health Science building where he would teach. Probably quicker to run to the car there than try drive it out of UCD especially if the through road is closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Hammer15

I think that Santa Fe is involved with Blood Runs and Organ Transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭easygoing1982

Hammer15 wrote: »
    I think that Santa Fe is involved with Blood Runs and Organ Transfers.

It's connected to this crowd:

http://www.medicaltransport.ie/mdcl_amb_cars.htm

A further five have been added to the lease.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

How have the Hyundai s stood the test of time in the real Garda world ? After three years and is 300 k km still the limit ?

Bigus wrote: »
    How have the Hyundai s stood the test of time in the real Garda world ? After three years and is 300 k km still the limit ?

Not 300,000 on them i40s

142 main cars in some stations have been replaced with new 161, 142 moved in 2nd car role or other units

A further five have been added to the lease.

Only five on RSU, and 5 for traffic

Not 300,000 on them i40s

142 main cars in some stations have been replaced with new 161, 142 moved in 2nd car role or other units

For the stations that are lucky enough that is lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

Not 300,000 on them i40s

So they're sort of lasting ?

What's the main components being constantly replaced or are they holding up well ? Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement