Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

Aaron1416 wrote: »
    Any idea on where those kona’s are heading for? Any idea on specs? I know they do come in a 1.6 petrol 177hp

They will replace the i30s on the current tender and Hyundai Tucson for regular too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Sorry meant to post that in here and then since found out by other poster that its indeed the 1.6

At a time when safety is more important you would think they would upgrade the 'one stripe' down the centre of the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I see they're coming with alloys fitted too.

I see they're coming with alloys fitted too.

3 lads in that with all the gear........those poor alloys! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mpc

Sorry meant to post that in here and then since found out by other poster that its indeed the 1.6

At a time when safety is more important you would think they would upgrade the 'one stripe' down the centre of the car.

I presume the one stripe and chevrons are up to chapter 8 spec and meet the requirements from that point of view. These cars won't be used for motorway patrols so I would imagine that's the reason for the lack of battenburg - cost saving.

From a performance/beat patrol side of things, what benefit does the Kona have over the i30? I'd assume engine performance is similar in the two but boot space is bigger in the i30.

3 lads in that with all the gear........those poor alloys! :D:D:D

I'd be more concerned about crammed space as they wouldn't be the biggest car ever...

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Aaron1416

Will those Tucson’s be 1.7l? Or 2L because it will make a difference with cbd certs ! I know it’s s probably been asked before but when is the current tender with Hyundai due to expire ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

Will those Tucson’s be 1.7l? Or 2L because it will make a difference with cbd certs ! I know it’s s probably been asked before but when is the current tender with Hyundai due to expire ?

The lads in road have the 1.7s I believe. There is a unmarked 2.0 in ballyfermot that’s all I know of that would be a 2 litre in Tucson

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Do Hyundai have the AGS contract for much longer? I used to enjoy the variety of overlap that popped over the years with Mondeo/Focus/Astra/Vectra/Avensis/Fiesta even the odd unmarked Volvo etc. Majority I see out and about now marked & unmarked are the i40's.

The lads in roads have the 1.7s I believe. There is a unmarked 2.0 in ballyfermot that’s all I know of that would be a 2 litre in Tucson

• Advertisement

Is that 530 one of the college cars?

Is that 530 one of the college cars?

Believe so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭roadmaster

How come Mondeos don't make the cut anymore do the Hyundai's just come in a lot cheaper on the tender?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭kooga

I was in Belfast today I saw one of the new superb estates with the black bonnet - looked fab / I was driving so couldn’t take a pic, I presume they are armoured as there was another wide frame around the passenger front window which made the glass look small. The black on the bonnet is impressive

roadmaster wrote: »
    How come Mondeos don't make the cut anymore do the Hyundai's just come in a lot cheaper on the tender?

Pretty much.

Years of cutbacks by austerity governments led to things like this.

Some might have said better to have a fleet of new Hyundais than 5 year old Mondeos with 300k on the clock.

So now we have a fleet of suburban cars with underpowered engines having the bollocks driven out of them 20 hours a day all in the name of saving a bob or 2!!!

Seen a 2017 i40 armed unit race to Camden St. this morning, G4S van was there so alarm must have been hit accidentally as they had only got there and checked and we're back in the car and gone as I was coming up the road.

Engine screaming....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Even the few focus's they had seem to be very few now. I did see a 2007 unmarked mondeo in Palmerstown last week, spotless it was.

carzony wrote: »
    Even the few focus's they had seem to be very few now. I did see a 2007 unmarked mondeo in Palmerstown last week, spotless it was.

Serious mileage up on them sure, seen a lot more out with the covid19 checks even the 2005 Corollas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭eusap

EP Mooneys is starting resemble a garda station, drove past at lunch time and at least ten I40 parked on lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

carzony wrote: »

They had an unmarked Mondeo parked with the band lads doing the covid checkpoint in the phoeno a few weeks back. Last time I've seen one in 'the wild' so to speak!

Any of the V6 Mondeo left?

Haven't seen in a long time.

Any of the V6 Mondeo left?

Haven't seen in a long time.

All gone

POGAN wrote: »
    All gone

Seen the white one, in the college about a month ago, it’s a monument now I reckon, hasn’t moved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

All gone

If so only very recently. I seen a 07 grey 2.5 just before the covid **** started. Fairly sure it was the one that chased the travelling gang from Tipp up to newlands cross a few years back and ended up on a tow truck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Seen the white one, in the college about a month ago, it’s a monument now I reckon, hasn’t moved.

If there not using it I'll buy it. Could do with some of the engine parts for mine :D

• Advertisement

All gone

That's a pity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

All gone

There's a white 07 one on the Northside of Cork city at the moment

A 15 year old focus pushed back into community use? Thats rough, still its probably better than the Hyundai!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Why all at the airport?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

donvito99 wrote: »
    Why all at the airport?

I believe the airport Garda station has has a big increase in numbers based there and training facilities also but I'm not sure.

• Advertisement

Mark3 Mondeo there too.

sparrowcar wrote: »
    I believe the airport Garda station has has a big increase in numbers based there and training facilities also but I'm not sure.

They do there was a huge push to get members to the airport, 5 from our district took it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A 15 year old focus pushed back into community use? Thats rough, still its probably better than the Hyundai!!!!

I saw a navy 2006 unmarked Focus that had the new Garda civilian vehicle style stickering on it that they use on the recent batch of rental cars they are using, it was just a bog standard 1.4 too, hard times :D

There's a white 07 one on the Northside of Cork city at the moment

Replaced a i30 o know the place... it’s really gold 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

They do there was a huge push to get members to the airport, 5 from our district took it.

What's the rationale to this? Did they lose personnel there to retirement or is it not an attractive station or something along those lines? I would have imagined it's a lot quieter now that immigration is the DoJ's purview.

donvito99 wrote: »
    What's the rationale to this? Did they lose personnel there to retirement or is it not an attractive station or something along those lines? I would have imagined it's a lot quieter now that immigration is the DoJ's purview.
    Word on the street is that a review was done and there wasn’t enough on the location. There’s plenty around it but it’s a major hub with no policing presence. Minus the joeys.
    Immigration are notifying ballymun coolock and swords regarding further investigations squeezing resources so I think it’s to deal with the issue there.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 DAVE1972

thats a gold unmarked is 08 mk5 new shape standard 2.0l petrol in great condition , Was a DS Car for a while

DAVE1972 wrote: »
    thats a gold unmarked is 08 mk5 new shape standard 2.0l petrol in great condition , Was a DS Car for a while

DS I haven’t heard that term in so long, like muriot vans.

Were is that mk5 you seen?

watercorse road cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭belfast stephen

kooga wrote: »
    I was in Belfast today I saw one of the new superb estates with the black bonnet - looked fab / I was driving so couldn’t take a pic, I presume they are armoured as there was another wide frame around the passenger front window which made the glass look small. The black on the bonnet is impressive

Yes all them new skoda superb in livery are armoured

• Advertisement

What litre is the Kona?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mpc

Are there more photos of the ERU raid in Limerick or a link to the video?

mpc wrote: »
    Are there more photos of the ERU raid in Limerick or a link to the video?

That’s a phot from the scene, no videos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

What kWh is the Kona?

Fixed that for you ;)

16 diesel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Fixed that for you ;)

It's a 1.6 diesel....

Ah ok, so pretty much the same as then i30.

Ah ok, so pretty much the same as then i30.

They are lighter better pickup and they will only replace i30s not i40s on main units

Can’t get anpr either

They are lighter better pickup and they will only replace i30s not i40s on main units

Can’t get anpr either

It’s a very strange car for its job, it will be interesting to see how they get on, I can’t imagine they are durable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

Can’t get anpr either

So they'll handle even worse than an i30....

Advertisement