Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the best eCig available now?

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

might have to bite the bullet and get one of the repairable atties so
    bit of an investment in funds and time up front, but they seem to be a lot more 'sturdy' foir want of a better word

eithyer that, or order a buttload of atties from healthcabin
    taken a while to get to you, but at least in bulk they'lkl individually cost sfa so a dud here or there won't matter as much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Eoin wrote: »
    As it happened, I just found the battery I thought I lost a couple of months ago - and it still seems to have a full charge!

The technology is still immature, so I sort of expect the equipment to be quite flaky at times.

I don't know if it's worth getting a new device though, if it's just changing the battery. If I'm still stuck with the inconsistent atomisers, then it might not be worth my while.

A few of us put our names down for the Genesis Line.
    Here is a video tutorial.

Ya must register here...
    http://www.vaporwall.com/forum/index.php

Wait till admin confirms your registration as he is doing it one by one.
    Find Line thread with the list for the Line under co-ops and projects.

The list closes tomorrow.
    It's proving to be very popular for those that have them now.

$100 inc p&p . It comes setup to use,

Thereafter , you will need..
    Wire:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kanthal-D-0-20-mm-10-m-Draht-Heizdraht-42-1-ohm-m-/280748212594?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415de5c172
    Or
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/10-Mtrs-Nichrome-80-20-Resistance-Wire-0-20mm-0-0079in-/180606903099?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item2a0d02a33b#ht_500wt_1156

Mesh:
    http://www.themeshcompany.com/acatalog/____span_style__color___000000__________strong____Ultra_Fine_400_Mesh_____strong_________span____.html#aWSS400SF_2dA4

Multimeter to check resistance.
    A ligther would oxidise the mesh but would just take a lot longer so best with a torch for that purpose.

Disclaimer: I am not recommending you buy this but definitely consider it.
    There are plenty of tutorials and help on sites.

One thing i will point out that i have read, eGo T batteries are hit and miss with this atty, because each setup is different and if the SS mesh is not thoroughly oxidized - they might short out on you.

My name is down for one, should i read something about it i don't like before payment i will not go through with it.

eoin, lavatube or provari I guess and some boge carto's

just to touch on this again
    got my lavatube this morning and using it with a boge XL510

****ing amazing

it's not compact, but it's not unseemly in size either.

http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1076_1079&products_id=7798

i got 2 of these in my healthcabin order and just tried it out now. it's slightly dodgy at 4.8V as i have to keep turning it upside down after every drag or it's like I'm dry burning and inhaling but at 3.7V it's just fantastic. great vapour, fantastic flavour and one of the smoothest draws i've come across.

from what i've read online lifespan is on average 2 weeks, meant to be able to get more if you wash with water and dry burn/let it dry overnight. I got the version without the led, and im kinda regretting it now.. i bet it looks awesome when the whole thing turns blue

• Registered Users Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

eithyer that, or order a buttload of atties from healthcabin
    taken a while to get to you, but at least in bulk they'lkl individually cost sfa so a dud here or there won't matter as much

I think that might be the way to go - those V.V. devices are big bucks!

Thanks for all the suggestions folks :)

• Advertisement

well i was wrong about it taking ages to get to you, took 8 days for my order to get to me. shipped on the 12th, arrived on the 20th or something like that, with the xmas rush and all. so it's an even better option now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

well i was wrong about it taking ages to get to you, took 8 days for my order to get to me. shipped on the 12th, arrived on the 20th or something like that, with the xmas rush and all. so it's an even better option now :)

What was the postage, expensive?

it depends, you can go by china airmail which is pretty cheap but can take over a month to arrive or the courier option the minimum cost of which is 20 dollars iirc

i think for my order I paid around 40 dollars in shipping, for 1.8kg package or something
    steep enough, but i still ended up saving because of the deals i was getting on the products themselves.

I went with the cheaper shipping option, and even then it only just worked out cheaper than buying from thebestshop. That said, I only ordered a new battery and 5 DCCs to test them out. If they're any good, I'll put through a bigger order.

ah yeah, you do have to buy a decent enough amount for the savings to really kick in.
    suppose if a few people went in on an order it'd work out even cheaper for everyone again, free shipping on orders over 250 iirc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Tom123

ah yeah, you do have to buy a decent enough amount for the savings to really kick in.
    suppose if a few people went in on an order it'd work out even cheaper for everyone again, free shipping on orders over 250 iirc

That sounds like a pretty good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 fannywart

I'm getting a bit sick of the hit & miss nature of my tornado, plus it looks like one of my batteries has died.

So if you were to start over and get a new eCig now, which one would it be - taking into account the flavour, throat hit, battery life and importantly - the consistency? (and one that doesn't include lots of DIY stuff).
    Hi Eoin
    I have been researching different ecigs and vendors
    I found the cheapest Irish shop is a place called e-shop.ie
    I got an ego c for.about 38 euros wi postage. Compared to thevapour store its alot cheaper. Also eliquid is only 2 euro for 10 MLS of I think dekang. To be fair I can only compare the ego c to disposable ecigs from peterol station. I am very pleased with the ego c.
    I was looking at Chinese sellers '.the ecigs they sell are about 24$ with shipping this is very cheap but you have to wait a few weeks or a month. I got some e juice from china last week.it will not be posted for another week due to Chinese new year.grump

fannywart wrote: »
    Hi Eoin
    I have been researching different ecigs and vendors
    I found the cheapest Irish shop is a place called e-shop.ie
    I got an ego c for.about 38 euros wi postage. Compared to thevapour store its alot cheaper. Also eliquid is only 2 euro for 10 MLS of I think dekang. To be fair I can only compare the ego c to disposable ecigs from peterol station. I am very pleased with the ego c.
    I was looking at Chinese sellers '.the ecigs they sell are about 24$ with shipping this is very cheap but you have to wait a few weeks or a month. I got some e juice from china last week.it will not be posted for another week due to Chinese new year.grump

Thanks for that - this is an old enough thread, so I've since been sorted. I've been using a JTank with Boge XXL carts for a while now, and that's been working out pretty well for me.

Thanks for the link though; 2 quid for 10mls and free shipping is pretty good. I just ordered 10 bottles for 20 delivered. I think that would be just under 30 quid with the usual sites I use.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I have the best username ever.

Oh yes you do!

Thanks for that - this is an old enough thread, so I've since been sorted. I've been using a JTank with Boge XXL carts for a while now, and that's been working out pretty well for me.

Thanks for the link though; 2 quid for 10mls and free shipping is pretty good. I just ordered 10 bottles for 20 delivered. I think that would be just under 30 quid with the usual sites I use.
    The chocolate tasted really bad/burnt
    But the cherry mixed with a bit of strawberry is the business for my sweet tooth.
    Let me know what you try and what you find good.

I'm a bit boring and stick to the tobacco or tobacco flavours. Marlboro or USA mix tends to be my favourite, with maybe a bit of menthol thrown in.

I'm a bit boring and stick to the tobacco or tobacco flavours. Marlboro or USA mix tends to be my favourite, with maybe a bit of menthol thrown in.
    Ill give it a go thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Exactly what im on , like to keep it as close to fags as I can and I find usa mix does that, tried to be adventures once and added a bit of vanilla(cause I love vanilla) but it didnt work for me!! Mabe my taste buds aren't as advanced as others or I completely fecked them up after 28 years of smoking! Tried chocolate, coffee, fruit, mint, arse biscuit, etc. flavours but tbh(and I'll probably get lynched for this) I dont like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Taking into account what I know now, and not allowed to go down the rebuildable route, probably an Ego Twist and CE5 as a first E-Cig.

However if I was starting out again, knowing what I know now and allowed to choose anything, I'd probably go for a Provari Mini and some sort of Genesis. I don't see any point of a provari unless you are using a rebuildable hence the first choice of a Twist.

Ill give it a go thanks
    Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Exactly what im on , like to keep it as close to fags as I can and I find usa mix does that, tried to be adventures once and added a bit of vanilla(cause I love vanilla) but it didnt work for me!! Mabe my taste buds aren't as advanced as others or I completely fecked them up after 28 years of smoking! Tried chocolate, coffee, fruit, mint, arse biscuit, etc. flavours but tbh(and I'll probably get lynched for this) I dont like them.

Bottles arrived today - pretty good value overall. Just mixed up 2 bottles of USA to one bottle of Mint, and it's going well so far.
    was.deevey wrote: »
    Taking into account what I know now, and not allowed to go down the rebuildable route, probably an Ego Twist and CE5 as a first E-Cig.

I might still give that a go, though I'm happy that I've found a reliable system in my JTank. Getting very few dud boge carts, which is a bonus.

• Advertisement

Hi
    So you got your liquid from e-shop.ie
    Is it dekang or something else. I have never sourced my liquid from anywhere else to compare to. I read somewhere the bottles have letters stamped on them.the bottles I got did not have the stamped letters.
    So is the liquid you got genuine dekang?
    On another matter ill have to give your recipe of one part menthol and two parts USA mix a go.

Actually, just a sticker on the bottles, nothing stamped on it. And they don't mention Dekang anywhere now I think about it. But it looks and tastes the same as the stuff from TBS
    On another matter ill have to give your recipe of one part menthol and two parts USA mix a go.

If you ever find a Tobacco Mint flavour by Dekang, then give it a go. I loved it, but can't find it anymore. But this mix is going well for me so far today. It's got the throat hit and the freshness all in one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Hi
    So you got your liquid from e-shop.ie
    Is it dekang or something else. I have never sourced my liquid from anywhere else to compare to. I read somewhere the bottles have letters stamped on them.the bottles I got did not have the stamped letters.
    So is the liquid you got genuine dekang?
    Tbs dont call it dekang or have letters stamped on bottles but neither does esi but they call it dekang on their site, they both taste identical to me, whats that all about?

Advertisement