Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Eireann complaint

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Geog1234

Is this the 08.30 route 100X Dundalk to Dublin (Wilton Terrace) journey scheduled to depart Drogheda at 09.00?

Was the service there around 09.00 or did it arrive in late from Dundalk? Sometimes this could be caused by traffic.

The address for comments and complaints regarding services in Louth is:

Bus Eireann
    Area Office
    Bus Station
    Long Walk
    Dundalk
    Co. Louth

Hope this info is of help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

Lapin wrote: »
    I don't have an issue with the driver having a break at all. I'd prefer if they took their breaks on their own time. Not when the bus is already running an hour late.

My post has nothing to do with being populist and everything to to with the reality of my own experience from using this service twice a week for the last 2 months.

As for your last paragraph, I have often 'made deeper investigations into the reasons for whatever ailment occurs' but I'm sick of hearing different excuses from bus drivers. There is no reason why any bus route should be tight. If there is a regular delay in Maynooth, this should be reflected in the timetable.

When I once questioned a driver in Athlone (10 minutes into his break) if he ought to be taking so long, as it was close to midnight and the bus was already an hour late, his reply was "I'm entitled to 15 minutes, I was only going to take 10 but you can wait another 5 minutes now," and then suggested I write a letter of complaint to Broadstone if I wanted.

This attitude confirmed for me there and then that Bus Éireann don't give a tinkers curse about their customers.
    It could be a safety issue, after a couple of hours of driving a driver needs to take a certain amount of time as break.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,648 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Geog1234 wrote: »
    The address for comments and complaints regarding services in Louth is:

Bus Eireann
    Area Office
    Bus Station
    Long Walk
    Dundalk
    Co. Louth

Hope this info is of help.

how appropriate :pac:

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 CiaraS27

Did you get anywhere with this seanie69r? I have a complaint to make and so far have gotten nowhere with Bus Éireann. As others are saying, they couldn't care less about customers as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Wudyaquit

CiaraS27 wrote: »
    Did you get anywhere with this seanie69r? I have a complaint to make and so far have gotten nowhere with Bus Éireann. As others are saying, they couldn't care less about customers as far as I can see.
    Why would they -you'll be chipping in for their next fleet of buses when they need them again anyhow.

Would love to see the Government play hardball with them next time they go on strike.
    They do have some absolutely rude, incompetent staff with no sense of customer service due to their complete arrogance borne out of being answerable to absolutely no-one.

Bob Dylan was wrong about everyone having to serve somebody - they seem to only serve themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

CiaraS27 wrote: »
    Please don't bump old threads unnecessarily - get you own thread.

It may help you if you copy your complaint to the NTA.
    Wudyaquit wrote: »
    Why would they -you'll be chipping in for their next fleet of buses when they need them again anyhow.

Would love to see the Government play hardball with them next time they go on strike.
    They do have some absolutely rude, incompetent staff with no sense of customer service due to their complete arrogance borne out of being answerable to absolutely no-one.

Bob Dylan was wrong about everyone having to serve somebody - they seem to only serve themselves.
    On-topic constructive posts only please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement