Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tablet running Android 2.3.3

Options
  • 12-12-2011 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am getting a tablet pc which is running Android 2.3....its the Yarvik tab450 item sold by Komplett. I am wondering if I can upgrade it to Android 3.1 easily using the micro SD or is there a version of Windows which I can install using a similar method.....just for familiarity. Anyone have any reccomendations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Lol, dont put windows on it.

Looks like a rebrand of a Haipad or Dropad or one of the other many names it has. Google is your friend but you should be able to flash 3 onto it.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Walker34

ED E wrote: »
    Lol, dont put windows on it.

Looks like a rebrand of a Haipad or Dropad or one of the other many names it has. Google is your friend but you should be able to flash 3 onto it.

Thanks for the reply......are these Tablets any use or are they junk. I checked out the Haipad on Google and it look ok to me.....I'm not interested in brand names....just functionality and reliability. The badge means nothing anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yeah, they can be decent. You do get what you pay for so dont expect the finesse of a 600$ unit.

If you're not prepared to flash it a few times to get things just right, I'd avoid it. Sign up to SlateDroid forums is the best advice I can give.

Oh, and looking at it now, you probably wont get 3 onto it as thats for next gen hardware. 2.3 is absolutely fine though.

Advertisement