Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SWTOR: English Speaking PvP Community has chosen a server.

Options
  • 13-12-2011 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hey guys. I'm irish, but not in an irish guild. I'm in one of the big english speaking pvp guilds. Our alliance of guilds (over 4000 players, divided between empire and republic) have decided to choose the server "Tomb of Freedon Nadd" as the server we will roll on.

The Russians are rolling on Chuundar, so I would recommend not rolling there, unless you can speak russian.

Anyway, just thought i'd give you guys a head up where the english speaking pvp community is heading.

This info is being kept hush hush at the moment, so I would appreciate it if you kept it to yourselves and your guilds too. If the server changes, i will update by launch again.

Good luck, and maybe see you guys ingame! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

any idea about the normal/pve servers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Good to know, cheers mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 tommba

any idea about the normal/pve servers?

Sorry, no clue about the pve servers. Hard to get any info atm as swtor has all their forums down, but i'm sure you'll be able to get an idea once the forums come up tommorrow.
    Good to know, cheers mate.

Np.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Some other sites are quoting Tomb of Freedon Nadd as the unofficial Hispanic server, which I wouldnt want to end up on if true

Wouldn't worry about the spaniard, our guild co-op has over 4k english speaking players coming to the server, and that will bring a hell of alot more people once they hear we're on here too. Contains some really well known pvp guilds through various MMOs, should be fun.

Just thought i'd give you guys the head up, since the irish community is fairly small anyway, won't make for much more queue times :p.

• Advertisement

Yeah, lot of former WAR players are moving to Nadd as well so I very much doubt it will become Spanish dominated.

One English speak server is going to be full pretty fast and have queues into the thousands I would think?

4000 seems like a big number for one server?

just read this on the official forums, Hotspots to avoid if you dont speak the locale :/

Tomb of Freedon Nadd (PVP EU) - Italian/Spanish
    Chuundar (PVP EU) - Russians
    Nightmare Lands (PVE EU) - Hungarians
    The Ravager (PVP EU) - Balkan Guilds (polish/russian)
    The Red Eclipse (PVE EU) - Dutch / Skandinavians
    Bloodworthy (PVP EU) - Skandinavians
    Basilisk Droid (PVP EU) - Russians/Polish
    Niman (PVP EU) - Russians
    Darth Revans Mask (PVP EU) - Polish
    Legions of Lettow (PVP EU) - Uk based guilds are moving there (unofficial uk server)

Bugger, Bloodworthy sounded like a really cool server name too. Russians seem to have laid claim to a fair number of servers as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

I have been reading on Reddit and places that the Russians are trying to take over Basilisk Droid too.. Nooo we cant let them! :O =[ we need to stand in unity against this oppressor. :D lol

• Advertisement

i'd take a lesson from napoleon and hitler in that case, they both tried that, and both times in the winter.. its just not gonna work until russian servers are implemented.

Really don't get why big MMOs persist with the silliness of having just French and German servers without covering other languages even in just subtitles. Leave the Russians three or four servers to play on, rather than having the hassle of them laying claim to already occupied servers and creating bad blood.

anyone remember eu molten core pvp server in wow? it was literally full of russians. When wow made the russian servers it emptied and never recovered. Nor did its battlegroup which had an incredibly high win ratio in bgs because of them :/

MikeyJoyce wrote: »
    I have been reading on Reddit and places that the Russians are trying to take over Basilisk Droid too.. Nooo we cant let them! :O =[ we need to stand in unity against this oppressor. :D lol

Can you link where on reddit you are?

swtor.reddit.com

Look for "EU- servers to avoid"

Basilisk is definitely trending as a Russian-centric server right now and Tomb as Spanish/Italian, not sure how accurate it is but a fair few reports.
    Lettow is looking like a UK-guild hotspot so might roll my main there

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/n9xjq/european_what_servers_to_avoid/

Just F3 Down through the page searching for basilisk

It was a few hours ago and no more talk of it even on mmo-champions list of unofficial language servers.

So it might be safe

Someone who is playing should probably report back and let people know how he's getting on.... ;)
    Hint hint

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

MikeyJoyce wrote: »
    http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/n9xjq/european_what_servers_to_avoid/

Just F3 Down through the page searching for basilisk

It was a few hours ago and no more talk of it even on mmo-champions list of unofficial language servers.

So it might be safe

Looks grand to me tbh!

from the looks of things I think you'd be foolish in this early stage of the game to stray away from your designated server. You were put there for a reason and the people working this system have, lets face it, put more thought into this than anyone. They also have information on real statistics for the game compared to 'MegaVad3rs' posts saying "sketch lads, russians are coming, bail to another server".

If we were to all play on the servers were were designated to it wouldnt matter that there are russians, polish, whatever on the server... we'd have a community none the less.

But aside from that - whats wrong with playing with people from russia etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

red_ice wrote: »

But aside from that - whats wrong with playing with people from russia etc?

i wana play with the russians

busty russian woman are seeking irish men for relationships!!!

has nobody else seen this spam message on various websites they visit??

seriously though what server is everyone goin on is it definately basilisk droid??

nothings wrong with them :D was just saying is all! :D

And aye well i know me and all my mates are still heading there and im sure most people are :D

• Advertisement

Nothing wrong with Russian Polish players.

But -

I was on Burning Legion, basically became a defacto Polish server - the vast majority of instances were polish spoken and if you were speaking English a lot of the time there was no chatter, you were ignored and unless you were healing / tanking you were liable to just get kicked at random for a readily available pole.

Also - guilds were often polish speaking or russian speaking so there was little integration. No hassle - just frustrating.

Making our decision on designated server v Bassilisk Droid at the moment. The more information we can get the better! Keep posting!

Making our decision on designated server v Bassilisk Droid at the moment. The more information we can get the better! Keep posting!

Our designated server is Basilisk Droid :p

The russians that play on european servers, don't like to play on pure russian servers. They're a pvp community that normally seeks out the european pvp community, that's why we were keeping hush hush about rerolling Tomb of Freedon Nadds. Ofc nothing is stopping them from changing.

Our huge pvp consortium is still rolling on Tomb of Freedom Nadd. The spanish, if they choose to roll there, will be in the minority, also the spanish community have confirmed that their guilds will speak english in general chat etc, if people do speak spanish in general chat, the spanish community will report them themselves.

Obviously these being euro servers, there's always going to be differant languages spoken.

Also, with regards the designated server guild placement. My guild was originally placed on a server with around 2.61:1 ratio of empire:republic. That doesn't sound balanced at all to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Where are all the Irish rolling?Going to Legions of Lettow with the UK guilds, or sticking on Basilisk Droid?

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

titan18 wrote: »
    Where are all the Irish rolling?Going to Legions of Lettow with the UK guilds, or sticking on Basilisk Droid?

Sticking with Basilisk Droid, theres plenty of uk and irish guilds there too

tommba wrote: »
    that's why we were keeping hush hush about rerolling Tomb of Freedon Nadds. Ofc nothing is stopping them from changing.

You said something earlier about 4000 people or something joining that server to avoid russian players... You'd think that somewhere in those ranks someone knows someone Russian and would tell them.
    Besides, they have access to the internet aswell. Its not like they wont find out eventually.
    if people do speak spanish in general chat, the spanish community will report them themselves.

So if spanish people talk spanish on a spanish allocated server they will get reported? lol, cmon now.
    Obviously these being euro servers, there's always going to be differant languages spoken.

Exactly.

I really think you have this whole 4k people taking over a server lark blown out of proportion. Its really like 10 lads or something isnt it, lets be honest.

Especially when servers cant handle 4000 people at once, it would be a bit silly to try and get everyone on the one server for pvp. thats why we have battle groups.

In wow Full is 2500 players, High is 2000 Med = 1500 and so on. Id be hard pressed to see swtor being any different.
    titan18 wrote: »

ATT and EGB are on Basilisk Droid afaik. Myself and a few others have confirmed that we will be rolling on Basilisk Droid also.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Excellent

Anyone rolling an alt/main on a PvE or RP-PvE server?Will be switching between the 2 chars

red_ice wrote: »
    You said something earlier about 4000 people or something joining that server to avoid russian players... You'd think that somewhere in those ranks someone knows someone Russian and would tell them.
    Besides, they have access to the internet aswell. Its not like they wont find out eventually.

You're right!
    So if spanish people talk spanish on a spanish allocated server they will get reported? lol, cmon now.

That's the thing, it's not a spanish allocated server, it's an English server.
    I really think you have this whole 4k people taking over a server lark blown out of proportion. Its really like 10 lads or something isnt it, lets be honest.

Especially when servers cant handle 4000 people at once, it would be a bit silly to try and get everyone on the one server for pvp. thats why we have battle groups.

In wow Full is 2500 players, High is 2000 Med = 1500 and so on. Id be hard pressed to see swtor being any different.

We have circa 61 guilds with 1855 players rolling republic, and 89 guilds, circa 2.5k rolling empire, so more than 4k.

Developers have already said that the servers can take ALOT more than wow servers.

My guild has over 100 players in itself.

As I said, i've no vested interested on other irish people rolling this server. I just thought I would mention it incase some were interested. :)

• Advertisement

Developers have already said that the servers can take ALOT more than wow servers.

My guild has over 100 players in itself.

As I said, i've no vested interested on other irish people rolling this server. I just thought I would mention it incase some were interested. :)

understandable :] Whats your guild called?

Advertisement