Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunder in Ballina?

Options
  • 13-12-2011 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

I just wanna make sure I'm not going crazy - was there a few thunder claps in Ballina between 9:30 and 10:00 tonight? I had the tv up fairly loud when I heard an awful banging - I wasn't sure if it was banging coming from the central heating system and next half hour looking for damage to it! :o

I'm just after hearing a loud thunder clap there so am starting to think that's what the noise was now!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Yes am after getting the fright of my life about 5 mins ago. I'm in Church Rd area. It was followed by a hail shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Me too, I was listening out for any more knocking when it struck!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,272 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Been a lot around lately, unusual for the time of year. Heard it twice last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Been a lot around lately, unusual for the time of year. Heard it twice last week.

Not that unusual, remember THUNDERSNOW 2010 ?;)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,272 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

vicwatson wrote: »
    Not that unusual, remember THUNDERSNOW 2010 ?;)

:D

I remember snow, not much thunder though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭captainwang

Italy, Ireland and Greece getting fried by the looks of it. It's like an allegory for the recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

Yes it was some loud bang all right. :D

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Monday night at 2:14am, I was woken up by the loudest thunder I've ever heard, and I include standing on a beach in the Caribbean watching lightning hit the sea a few hundred metres away.

It was two enormous BANGs in quick succession - I thought someone had planted two car bombs outside the house. The power went off immediately and didn't come back on until lunchtime yesterday.

I don't mind admitting that it scared the living crap out of me. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Monday night at 2:14am, I was woken up by the loudest thunder I've ever heard, and I include standing on a beach in the Caribbean watching lightning hit the sea a few hundred metres away.

It was two enormous BANGs in quick succession - I thought someone had planted two car bombs outside the house. The power went off immediately and didn't come back on until lunchtime yesterday.

I don't mind admitting that it scared the living crap out of me. :eek:

Now, why exactly would you think that someone would have planted a car bomb outside your house ??? :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I haz enemies. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Got a huge shock the other night with the noise! I love these evenings though with the fire on, tea in hand, lovely christmas tree and warm house looking out at the horrible rain, bliss!!

Advertisement