Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

facebook wont load??

• 13-12-2011 1:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Sister ran malwarebytes on her pc (XP) at the weekend and now she cant access Facebook. Says cannot display page. But it connects no problem on her laptop. I recommended she change browser from IE but Chrome gave the same response.
    Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

red sean wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Sister ran malwarebytes on her pc (XP) at the weekend and now she cant access Facebook. Says cannot display page. But it connects no problem on her laptop. I recommended she change browser from IE but Chrome gave the same response.
    Any help appreciated. Thanks.

I would check to see if it is blocked in the hosts file, go to My computer>C>Windows>System 32>Drivers>Etc, right click on hosts and choose open, open with notepad. make sure no entry like 127.0.0.1 facebook.com exists, scroll down the whole file if theres loads of entries, In fact I would do a CTRL and A, delete all text, type 127.0.0.1 localhost and save the file, then try Facebook

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Thanks Nick. Reliable as ever!
    I'll be home tomorrow night and will give her a call and try that.
    Again thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I find Facebook to be one of the most buggy sites I've ever used... They keep trying to put in place unnecessary "upgrades" which dont work across the browsers...

I usually do what you suggested in your original post.... i.e. change browser... or if you have a particular penchant for one browser, remove it completely and install the latest version..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Thanks Nick and Jonathan for your help. Just got home this evening and gave her a call. Downloaded Opera and all is now fine. Thanks again lads.

Advertisement