Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Htc Sensation Sim Unlock

Options
  • 13-12-2011 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭

Hey, bought a sensation recently off adverts and it was rooted when i got it, just wondering is there anyway to unroot and put back to default factory software?

Also it was advertised as locked to meteor and works fine with them but when i insert a vodafone sim card it says no sim in phone rather then asking for the network unlock code, ive tried 3 different sims and it says this for them all, anyone else with this problem?

Thanks in Advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Try www.fastgsm.com. They will unlock it via email. Costs $20(US). All done in about 30 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Thanks for the reply, ya i know how to unlock it, the problem is when i put in a sim card from another network it says no sim card in phone when i turn it on so im not able to enter the network unlock code.

I don't need it unlocked, im just wondering does anyone know why its happening and what i can do to resolve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Seems to me that its not unlocked at all. Download Universal Androot. If you are near a wifi hotspot, you can do that without a sim. That will tell you if its rooted or not. Rooting is not unlocking. If its not detecting the Voda sim, it may not be unlocked at all. Hopefully some one of the android experts can throw more light on the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

You need to enter the unlock code while the Meteor sim is in it. There's a sequence of stars and hashes etc. to enter first. You'll need to get that from Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Yes i knew it wasn't unlocked, i just thought it would ask for network unlock code when i put in a different sim and not say that there was no sim in the phone.

Is there anyway to unroot and put it back to factory settings?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Have you tried finding an RUU for it at XDA-developers? Finding an RUU should unroot and restore back to factory settings, except the bootloader/recovery if they've changed.

Advertisement