Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yeah this is great again, forget most parts tbh. I'm also playing on hard so a lot more sneaking than bullets blazing from the first play. Stuttering stopped after a restart too, also surprised how different the game is @ 30fps

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

This is gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Forgot how good this game was! Yupp don't do the dlc until main is cleared, starts with a pretty big spoiler from the main game.

Added you there Mark. If anyone is online feel free to add me for a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Forgot how good this game was! Yupp don't do the dlc until main is cleared, starts with a pretty big spoiler from the main game.

Added you there Mark. If anyone is online feel free to add me for a game.

Lovely cheers just accepted there, prob be a day or so before I start playing MP, just getting used to the Dualshock and controls etc after years of Xbox, will cya for few fights on ufc also at some stage

Some Next Gen teeth right there! (not my pic)

foaxkypqkq8hhqdo9dzk.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

RasTa wrote: »
    Yeah this is great again, forget most parts tbh. I'm also playing on hard so a lot more sneaking than bullets blazing from the first play. Stuttering stopped after a restart too, also surprised how different the game is @ 30fps

Been saying it for years.even when European games were at 50 FPS instead of 60 it was a very noticeable inferior experience.the difference between 30 and 60 is night and day. It's not just graphically, the game actually plays much better as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Bought a ps4 solely for this game when i heard about it in may! Played a few hours of the main story there, its unreal, really enjoying it and the game looks amazing!

Havent tried MP yet though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

I thought playing this again wouldn't get me hooked as much as the first time, byt I bit the bullet and got it for PS4. I'm nearly as blown away and immersed as the first time. Loving photo mode too

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

That intro. All the feels. Every time. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

I've been playing on hard and it's really pushing the stealth angle heavily. I like it.

Did it on normal before, and although still good, it doesn't push you like this would.

Can't imagine it on grounded. I'd stay it's just cheap and frustrating. Made artificially hard by no supplies and no health.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

What an amazing game, I fully understand the hype it got upon it's release. I haven't played a game in years that has made me lose track of time like this (is it really 2:37am?!! :D). Love it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Played a bit of Left Behind last night, and genuinely surprised how great the game looks. A few upscaled last-gen assets aside, it really is a significant upgrade. Or maybe it's just not having played a Naughty Dog game in a year - reminded how they're leaps and bounds above other studios in terms of creating believable characters and detailed worlds.

If nothing else, it should make everyone excited about what will happen when developers like ND start working with dedicated next-gen engines and games!

Sorry for going off topic, I got a friend request this morning from someone I think off here. It had a message icon with their request but I couldn't find any message, just accept yes or no. This happen to anyone else?

Back on topic, how many games in MP to complete a story? I know it's 12 weeks, does every game represent a day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Would a first time player be better starting main story on Hard or Normal? Been reading a few saying normal is quite easy? Can you adjust mid game?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Would a first time player be better starting main story on Hard or Normal? Been reading a few saying normal is quite easy? Can you adjust mid game?

I found it quite difficult first time around on hard, seem to be flying through it this time though, may even attempt survivor after....

• Would a first time player be better starting main story on Hard or Normal? Been reading a few saying normal is quite easy? Can you adjust mid game?
    I recommend playing on Hard first to get the true experience, skip through my posts, I had info on this a couple of pages back.
    Certain few will say play whatever difficulty you want but the majority play it on hard and not normal. If it's your first playthrough you will be glad you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Finished it on hard on the ps3 and have started this on survivor, this is a much better experience - stealth all the way! You need the suspense of some kind of difficulty so i would definitely recommend hard/survivor over normal/easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Ive began playing on hard for my first time ever, only died once lol really enjoying it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I'm getting far too into the photo mode, as this rate it's going to take me months to finish the game!

TheLastofUstradeRemastered_20140801195307.jpg

TheLastofUstradeRemastered_20140801193347.jpg

TheLastofUstradeRemastered_20140801232705.jpg

TheLastofUstradeRemastered_20140801232946.jpg

TheLastofUstradeRemastered_20140801231847.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Sadly no luck for me. :(

I won't be on the MP until Monday at the earliest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

tok9 wrote: »
    Sadly no luck for me. :(

I won't be on the MP until Monday at the earliest.

Monday is a bank holiday so if you're waiting for the post.......

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭A Greedy Algorithm

Thinking of getting this although i have already completed it on the PS3 when is was released, i cannot decide what to do!

Really is a great game.

Thinking of getting this although i have already completed it on the PS3 when is was released, i cannot decide what to do!

Really is a great game.

I cleared it on ps3 as well and was on the fence for a while but so glad I got it. This time I'm going for the platinum and gonna spend more time online.

weiland79 wrote: »
    Monday is a bank holiday so if you're waiting for the post.......

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Monday being a bank holiday would be good news. :)

But it's no bank holiday here.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I cleared it on ps3 as well and was on the fence for a while but so glad I got it. This time I'm going for the platinum and gonna spend more time online.

I'm going to spend as much if not more time online and definitely aiming for that platinum too.

I've really got into my trophies in the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

tok9 wrote: »
    Monday being a bank holiday would be good news. :)

But it's no bank holiday here.

Awesomeballs!

Have to say I am liking the activity in the thread... Hopefully we'll have a decent MP clan size going!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Absolutely loving this movie... I mean game :D:D

Just wondering how long I have left:
    It's winter now and I'm playing as Ellie galloping away on the horse and Ellie says she'll be back for Joel?

Absolutely loving the Bow and arrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,788 ✭✭✭Evade

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Absolutely loving this movie... I mean game :D:D

Just wondering how long I have left:
    It's winter now and I'm playing as Ellie galloping away on the horse and Ellie says she'll be back for Joel?

Absolutely loving the Bow and arrow :D
    A few hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Evade wrote: »
    A few hours.

Wish it was longer :(

Advertisement