Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

I guess I better put a sig back on my profile :)

I'll be on around 7:30-8:30 depending on when I get back home from a cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I've to clear The Left Behind on Survivor and complete the trophy set after work, should be online after 9pm I'd reckon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I might pop on for a game or two later - played MP for the first time the other night so probably need some practice ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

The private matches we had were actually great craic.. pity about my connection going to **** after.

tok9 wrote: »
    The private matches we had were actually great craic.. pity about my connection going to **** after.

Ya, I took a beating in the following few MP games in survival afterwards trying get used to the gun again.

My mic was fairly cack and sorry for blasting ye when ye were using the bows for the first 1/2 games. :o

Also the camping in the Suburbs map was like a game of COD :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ya, I took a beating in the following few MP games in survival afterwards trying get used to the gun again.

My mic was fairly cack and sorry for blasting ye when ye were using the bows for the first 1/2 games. :o

Also the camping in the Suburbs map was like a game of COD :pac:

Hey it's a post-apocalyptic world. We just did what we had to do to survive!

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Hey it's a post-apocalyptic world. We just did what we had to do to survive!

After being caught by it twice we resorted to the same tactic, any molotov or bomb and we were done for, weirdly that session finished 3-3 with no deciding game so we're taking the moral victory. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Working my way through the SP at the minute. Had previously borrowed a PS3 to play this, but Jesus it's so good it's ridiculous. It's laugh-out-loud funny in parts (
    Ellie with the magazine, Frank's note to Bill
    ), it's sad, it's beautiful (can't wait until I see the
    giraffes
    in their 60fps glory), it's violent and scary. It just has everything.

Looking forward to playing a bit of MP to see what it's like, might grab a few of yer gamertags later and add ye if ye don't mind..... mine is Frankie5_Angels

Working my way through the SP at the minute. Had previously borrowed a PS3 to play this, but Jesus it's so good it's ridiculous. It's laugh-out-loud funny in parts (
    Ellie with the magazine, Frank's note to Bill
    ), it's sad, it's beautiful (can't wait until I see the
    giraffes
    in their 60fps glory), it's violent and scary. It just has everything.

Looking forward to playing a bit of MP to see what it's like, might grab a few of yer gamertags later and add ye if ye don't mind..... mine is Frankie5_Angels

I'm just after arriving at the Hotel, where you have to
    start the genrator in the basement and run like hell or stand and fight
    even though I know its coming I'll still get a brown pants moment during this sequence.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

even though I know its coming I'll still get a brown pants moment during this sequence.

Run you fool run!:p It's quite easy and yet scary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Haha, that was the last thing I did before going to bed last night. I ran like a motherf**ker! :pac:

Haha, that was the last thing I did before going to bed last night. I ran like a motherf**ker! :pac:
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    Run you fool run!:p It's quite easy and yet scary.

Ya, I've got it on hard so I'll probably just leg it, I'll just remember to grab the
    card key
    along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

That's the part I absolutely dread on every playthrough. I just get a sinking feeling in my stomach. The stress of it is too much. I remember it took me ages to go through it the first time as I crouched through the whole area, stopping and looking around frantically at every clank or noise in the distance. They build up this massive sense of dread and then break it by having all hell break loose. Probably the most effective moment in the game for tension.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

The liberal use of spoiler tags is much appreciate gents.

The liberal use of spoiler tags is much appreciate gents.

I know 2 of my friends have picked up PS4's just to play this game and another few have bought it again so wouldnt want to ruin it for anyone picking it up for the 1st time on PS3/4.

I'm enjoying MP more than I did when it first came out TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I know 2 of my friends have picked up PS4's just to play this game and another few have bought it again so wouldnt want to ruin it for anyone picking it up for the 1st time on PS3/4.

Just to be clear, I was being sincere! I had it for PS3 but never finished it (got about half way through I'd say) then GTA5 came out. Gave the PS3 to a friend once I got the PS4, so now I'm having a second crack at it.

I absolutely love the game but I'm terrible at finishing things, I'm like a magpie. I will finish it this time though, so flicking through the thread it was great not to have anything spoiled.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Good craic last night alright. I was bullying some of ye with the Molotov's but keep getting bullied back by the damn Bow! Some of ye are getting handy at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Klair88 wrote: »
    Good craic last night alright. I was bullying some of ye with the Molotov's but keep getting bullied back by the damn Bow! Some of ye are getting handy at it.

I was the victim of the bullying :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm a decent bit off getting that Bow..

I'll probably focus on the competitive MP to get up unlock some loadouts and weapons.

All that sweet PS3 progress gone... it can't be for nothing :p

Just to be clear, I was being sincere! I had it for PS3 but never finished it (got about half way through I'd say) then GTA5 came out. Gave the PS3 to a friend once I got the PS4, so now I'm having a second crack at it.

I absolutely love the game but I'm terrible at finishing things, I'm like a magpie. I will finish it this time though, so flicking through the thread it was great not to have anything spoiled.

Oh I know that :o

I fell into the same trap as youtrself with the PS3, got GTA5 and TLoU got sent to the back burner which was a shame as its an excellent game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

F1ngers wrote: »
    Worked on Survivor playthrough, just about - had a sliver of health as I went through the door and one of the
    bloaters "bombs"
    landed behind me.

Same thing happened me but left me with a tiny bit of health. Did I replay the section to save my health? The hell I did just happy to get out alive.

• tok9 wrote: »

Soz I had to drop out early, few people arrived at the house. I'll b on all day today..on two weeks holidays :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Soz I had to drop out early, few people arrived at the house. I'll b on all day today..on two weeks holidays :)

So there will be no tarmac laid in athlone for two weeks? Jaysus simi

If we get enough of us online later can we do a competitive Boards MP game? or is it possible to have a "clan" so to speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Oh look at all of ye with your PS4's and good internet connections :(

I love the MP but I only have a ps3, no mic and a laggy connection. My style of play is a lone wolf who don't play by no rules so it's probably for the best :pac: Jealous of ye all though, so make sure you're enjoying it :)

Oh look at all of ye with your PS4's and good internet connections :(

I love the MP but I only have a ps3, no mic and a laggy connection. My style of play is a lone wolf who don't play by no rules so it's probably for the best :pac: Jealous of ye all though, so make sure you're enjoying it :)

I tried that on the PS3 for the first few time I played it and got my arse handed to me.

On the PS4 I'm a team player and the MP on TLoU really is geared towards team work, amkes it more enjoyable too, IMo of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I tried that on the PS3 for the first few time I played it and got my arse handed to me.

On the PS4 I'm a team player and the MP on TLoU really is geared towards team work, amkes it more enjoyable too, IMo of course.

Well I was only a lone wolf because I kept lagging out, I'd imagine team work would be better. So in the end my strategy was basically craft a bomb as quick as I could, find a safe place, plant the bomb and wait for the other team to come kill me and walk into the bomb.

To be fair it had a better success rate than it should have had.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Last night was great craic, especially when we went with bows only (and gav with his pistol)..;)

Some frantic running at times when you come around a corner and all of the other team are there with bows pointed at you ready to fire!

Love how it made it more stealthy too, definitely best played working as a team and using the mic.

Will be on again tonight for more of the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That sounded like a great laugh. I will definitely be on tonight til late. Are ye just using the stealth loadout or did ye unlock the bow? Also, when playing in a private match, do you still get parts to rank up and unlock weapons, continue the journey, etc?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Yeah using stealth loadout so everyone can access the bow and then you are allowed the bombs, molotovs etc. No bullets of any kind basically.

Not sure about the ranking up, didnt notice to be honest. Was having too much craic doing my Robin Hood impression (badly)..one of the lads will know im sure.

Advertisement