Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I assume we're just inviting from the PSN friends list then? Easier than double checking who is with Boards and who isn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

You don't rank up in the private matches.

I'd love if they added the ability to customise the private matches. While I joked about it last night.. if you were able to only use cocktails lets say, it'd be good practice..

I **** up so many cocktails :P

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Axwell wrote: »
    Last night was great craic, especially when we went with bows only (and gav with his pistol)..;)

Some frantic running at times when you come around a corner and all of the other team are there with bows pointed at you ready to fire!

Love how it made it more stealthy too, definitely best played working as a team and using the mic.

Will be on again tonight for more of the same!

I never got the memo about the bows :eek: was wondering why ye were all being P0₩n3D :pac:

Bows are class though, trying stalk the other team and then falling into a well placed trap, mayhem.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I assume we're just inviting from the PSN friends list then? Easier than double checking who is with Boards and who isn't?

We posted on here and it was all or mainly boards people. It wasnt set out to be boardsies only anyways. Just getting enough to fill a lobby so we could do 4v4 or 3v3

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I never got the memo about the bows :eek: was wondering why ye were all being P0₩n3D :pac:

Bows are class though, trying stalk the other team and then falling into a well placed trap, mayhem.

Your nat wasnt set right so we couldn't talk to you in the party, Mondo has the same issue. We were all in one group chat which kind of ruined the stealth a bit but was funny at times too, lying about where our team was or just making sounds like ahem, uh huh when you seen them and your team mates picking up on it.

• Advertisement

Ya I'm not sure if we actually needed the party chat after as there was just 1 or 2 people who were very difficult to make out on mic. Not sure what the cause was.

We posted on here and it was all or mainly boards people. It wasnt set out to be boardsies only anyways. Just getting enough to fill a lobby so we could do 4v4 or 3v3

Grand, was playing single player to get the hang of the controls. Will be on for a bit later. Probably gonna have my camp wiped out for getting destroyed. :(

tok9 wrote: »
    Ya I'm not sure if we actually needed the party chat after as there was just 1 or 2 people who were very difficult to make out on mic. Not sure what the cause was.

Think that was just down to their nat too, some people seemed easier to hear once we setup the party chat but then others we still couldnt hear. Id say we dont really need it and just get people to check their nat settings and should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

tok9 wrote: »

We'll blame you since it was your idea to start up the party chat :P Even with it on we were guessing who was who etc.

kensutz wrote: »
    We'll blame you since it was your idea to start up the party chat :P Even with it on we were guessing who was who etc.

"OK somethings up with the lobby, ill setup another one and everyone join me"

"Whos me?"

"me!"

"whos that"

"Spud"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

MP sounds fricken awesome. I'm a total noob to this but hope to be on tonight or tomorrow after 9 pm.

Feel free to ad me
    PSN livelyjojo

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Sent out a few fwend requests there, that PS app is handy.

I can't remember, but is there a general in-game chat for the teams?

There is yeah, general chat in the lobby and then when you are in a game you can hear your team mates.

Mics are a must have for this game.

Your nat wasnt set right so we couldn't talk to you in the party, Mondo has the same issue. We were all in one group chat which kind of ruined the stealth a bit but was funny at times too, lying about where our team was or just making sounds like ahem, uh huh when you seen them and your team mates picking up on it.

Here comes the N00B question.....where do I change that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I probably won't be on tonight, maybe around 11, but will definitely be around tomorrow evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Click here

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yeah the MP is not suitable for loan wolfing it. On the Ps3 there was a gang of us who played it but we weren't great at teamwork and would go haring off on our own at the beginning.

It's certainly much easier if you stick together although not so one molotov can decimate the entire team.

Finally found the mic I got with the PS4 and used it first time the other night on TLOU. Quality is shyte but better than nothing. In a lobby, there should be a mic symbol when you talk. One shows up for other people but not you so It would be nice to show if people can hear you or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Finally found the mic I got with the PS4 and used it first time the other night on TLOU. Quality is shyte but better than nothing. In a lobby, there should be a mic symbol when you talk. One shows up for other people but not you so It would be nice to show if people can hear you or not.

Have you tried like a standard headset?
    I used my iphone headset with mic a few times and it's ok. Better than the standard one at least.

• Advertisement

Have you tried like a standard headset?
    I used my iphone headset with mic a few times and it's ok. Better than the standard one at least.

I haven't actually, I have a generic Gamestop USB one I use for GTA Online. Must plug it in and see what happens. Nice having one plugged straight into the joypad though.

"OK somethings up with the lobby, ill setup another one and everyone join me"

"Whos me?"

"me!"

"whos that"

"Spud"

tumblr_mdzg3ikt781r0e42eo1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Go on your router and check what the ip in use by your ps4 is - then look for the DMZ section on your router. Add that ip to the DMZ which basically opens your ps4 up to the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

My Nat changed from Open to Strict during a session of BF4 a couple of weeks ago. Just mid game and bang got kicked from the servers. Had the same thing happen randomly on the PS3. The way I used to fix it was to put in the COD:MW2 disc and it always seemed to revert back to open. Don't know why this did it it just did.

Didn't make any changes to the PS4 but I did do the DMZ thing for the PS3 a while back.

When I first started Factions, I didn't know each supply box gave out items specifically for you, I thought you had to try beat your team to the box first to get supplies. I'm still not 100% sure on kills. When someone is executed, do Parts only show up for the killer? Do you get any parts for downing? I don't usually look at my HUD to see what parts as I spend most of my time staring for enemies on the screen and try not to get killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

sheehy83 wrote: »
    When I first started Factions, I didn't know each supply box gave out items specifically for you, I thought you had to try beat your team to the box first to get supplies. I'm still not 100% sure on kills. When someone is executed, do Parts only show up for the killer? Do you get any parts for downing? I don't usually look at my HUD to see what parts as I spend most of my time staring for enemies on the screen and try not to get killed.

Yeah you get parts for a down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

I might be up for a match or two night. Would be more interested in playing as a team in public to level up cos I've only played 4 games and have nothing unlocked

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    I might be up for a match or two night. Would be more interested in playing as a team in public to level up cos I've only played 4 games and have nothing unlocked

Ya, I'd be up for that too.

• Advertisement

_Redzer_ wrote: »

Ya dont really need to have levelled up for playing in a private lobby. They have set loadouts with most of the weapons and then you can build bombs etc the same as you do in the campaign.

Advertisement