Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Evade wrote: »
    I've no idea about the controller but for the other thing hit square repeatedly.

Ah I feel like such a noob. Would it have told me that if i wasn't playing on survivor?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

weiland79 wrote: »
    Ah I feel like such a noob. Would it have told me that if i wasn't playing on survivor?
    All combat prompts are disabled on survivor. It can take a few deaths to get used to especially when judging stealth attack range.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

The matchmaking is ridiculous at times.. A few of us were waiting 10-15 mins for interrogation and in the end just gave up.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Yeah wait time for online is terrible. I just completed the SP there so i wasn't about tonight. Managed to get all the Collectibles on that playthrough but not the Optional Conversations. Raging. Have to play it again anyway on Grounded mode but would of liked to of gotten everything else out of the way first.

Left Behind DLC up next though. Never played it, Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Played my first multiplayer tonight with a few boardsies and really enjoyed it. Even though I was utter ****e. Sorry lads.
    I need more practice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Played with a few of the lads tonight, good craic but the servers were taking ages to load no matter what we tried to play. If it didnt find a match after about a minute I just would go back and start the search again. Very annoying, might just play private matches over the weekend if its going to be so slow to find a game. Feels like I spent more time searching and sitting around than playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I've just finished hard, it was "easier" than I thoguht it would be. Going to go through it on Hard + and collect a few trophies.

Missed about 5-7 collectibles and about 5 pendants that I've no idea where they are, missed 1 shiv door as I had no shiv and 2 comics.

Agreed on the online matchmaking its a load of balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

There's a couple (certainly one) pendants in the trees, which are easy to miss. There's one near the start.
    You'll have more resources on + so that last shiv door won't be an issue.
    I'm going to go back to get all the collectibles once I finish Survivor + which I'm flying through, once I get time to play it. I'll youtube it to see where everything is.
    Going to play on normal. Don't care how easy it is I'm just going to make all those feckers suffer for the grief, terror and trauma they put me through on Survivor.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I've just finished hard, it was "easier" than I thoguht it would be. Going to go through it on Hard + and collect a few trophies.

Missed about 5-7 collectibles and about 5 pendants that I've no idea where they are, missed 1 shiv door as I had no shiv and 2 comics.

Agreed on the online matchmaking its a load of balls.

Do survivor+, you'll find it very easy after completing hard.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    There's a couple (certainly one) pendants in the trees, which are easy to miss. There's one near the start.
    You'll have more resources on + so that last shiv door won't be an issue.
    I'm going to go back to get all the collectibles once I finish Survivor + which I'm flying through, once I get time to play it. I'll youtube it to see where everything is.
    Going to play on normal. Don't care how easy it is I'm just going to make all those feckers suffer for the grief, terror and trauma they put me through on Survivor.

I got everything on the 2nd play through on PS3 so I'll be more careful this time around definietly.
    F1ngers wrote: »
    Do survivor+, you'll find it very easy after completing hard.

I've used the bricks and bottles alot more this time than I had on the PS3, I've been stealth playing more than anything else.

• Advertisement

Think probably the biggest difference between hard and survivor is the lack of listening/radar in the latter, although I think you can turn it off on any difficulty.
    I gave up Survivor on PS3 but stuck with it this time round. There were sections where I nearly broke down in tears not having it but overall it's probably more fun (?) without.

Bricks and bottles are certainly more important on the harder levels.

Couldn't see myself enjoying grounded if it's significantly more difficult than survivor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Finished the main story late last night, what a game! Still have the DLC to try but the game was amazing.

Looking forward to more time on MP now though, still trying to figure out how the levels and ranking up works!

Ya the listening mode is handy in certain sections, especially the
    fight between Ellie and David
    without it there I dont think I'd have got the last hit in.

As soon as I get Hard + done I'm going back to MP full time, I'll get around to survivor eventually as I've 2weeks off the end of August. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

How many times you die? I've never used listening mode but did die 116 times playing on Hard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Not sure if it was on the PS3 (don't think it was), but the bit where you reach
    University of Eastern Colorado
    and find the
    scientists' logs on tape
    and the way they play the voices through the controller is a class little touch. Reached Winter the other night, can't wait to give it another bash tonight! :D

RasTa wrote: »
    How many times you die? I've never used listening mode but did die 116 times playing on Hard

On my hard play through I think its 57 or something. I'd say I racked up a good 10 of those when
    Ellie and David are defending the cabin from Infected/Clickers and I just run out of ammo.
    Another few of those deaths were caused by throwing bricks/bottles at clickers with Ellie and not stumbling them enough to stab them.

I had listening on though, no doubt had I turned it off I'd be nearly doubling my deaths total.

1 tiny disappointment. When I heard the touchpad was being used to craft etc I was delighted.

But it only opens the crafting. I had assumed I would be able to swipe left to select my weapon quickly which is a way easier to using the d-pad.

Oh well.

On the sp.. still very early but I'm wasting so much time on photo mode. I've saved at least 10-15 too :p

tok9 wrote: »
    1 tiny disappointment. When I heard the touchpad was being used to craft etc I was delighted.

But it only opens the crafting. I had assumed I would be able to swipe left to select my weapon quickly which is a way easier to using the d-pad.

Oh well.

On the sp.. still very early but I'm wasting so much time on photo mode. I've saved at least 10-15 too :p

If the MP match making was better I'd never play SP but the waiting times to find games is way to long, IMO.

• tok9 wrote: »

Oh well.

Share the pics here please :)

Noteriaty had a few good ones posted a few pages back

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Share the pics here please :)

Noteriaty had a few good ones posted a few pages back

Will do when I figure out how to get them off the ps4 without a usb :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Here's another few to tide you over! :P

TheLastofUstradeRemastered_20140802163919.jpg

TheLastofUstradeRemastered_20140802171017.jpg

TheLastofUstradeRemastered_20140802175453.jpg

TheLastofUstradeRemastered_20140802210730.jpg

TheLastofUstradeRemastered_20140802235219.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I've got a few to share.

Found a nice pub but the atmosphere was lacking.

TheLastofUstradeRemastered_20140802203424_zps827af39a.jpg

I actually hit the L3 button by accident here trying to flee

TheLastofUstradeRemastered_20140802153737_zps217540db.jpg

I was never gonna win this fight

TheLastofUstradeRemastered_20140802153658_zps54baddeb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Here's some photos I took.....

• Here's some photos I took.....
    The third one is really well taken! :)

When I'm trying to climb out a window, over a wall or run away from a clicker and Ellie gets in my way, I shout at her like she's a real person. It's then I realise I need to take a break for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Sorry lads, had to head off abruptly last night, dog was going mental. Was having a shyte time online anyway, I'm still looking for a long range weapon I'm comfortable with. The last game I had just been given a mission where I could lose 60% of my survivors. I picked the Revive challenge so tried concentrating on reviving people. Ended up reviving less people than I would I was playing normally.

Up to Winter in the single player, absolutely waltzing through on Normal and think I have every collectible so far. Looking forward to Survivor plus when it will be pure stealth.

• tok9 wrote: »
    Yea I would like to know this too!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

tok9 wrote: »

Set up new throwaway Twitter account.
    Link PS4 to it.
    Share screenshots to Twitter.
    Use Twitter links.

Not in any way ideal, but a handy enough workaround.

I remember picking revive before too and it did not go well.

So now I just stick with crafting, healing, marking, downing, execution and downs with certain weapon.

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Yea I would like to know this too!

Looks like you do need a usb as uploading to twitter etc compresses the image a bit.

So I'll just do that.

Edit: Actually you can send the screenshots as psn messages also and then save them on your phone etc which hold the image quality apparently.

Advertisement