Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Finished the story last night. I know it's all been said before but the game is a genuine masterpiece. It's the closest I've ever come to having a true cinematic experience in a video game. The writing and acting elevate the project into that 'next level' of games.

I'm still mulling over scenes and pieces of dialogue the next day. Something which no game has ever been able to make me do before. It's the greatest game I've ever had the pleasure to play.

Sorry, Mario.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Anyone else order Remastered from zavvi? It was supposed to arrive a few days ago but no sign of it. I suppose for €35 I cant really be complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

How long abouts does the campaign take?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think my first playthrough was just under 14 hours on Normal mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Depends on what mode you've selected. I think when I done it 1st on the PS3 watching all the movies and actively looking for every pendandt and artifcat it was about 15-16hours, I've cut that down to about 13hours on my Hard save on the PS4 because I've skipped the movies and I've a fair idea where everything is.

• Advertisement

• How long abouts does the campaign take?
    If you up the difficulty and get caught up using photo mode your talking 24+ the way I'm currently going :pac:

Penn wrote: »
    I think my first playthrough was just under 14 hours on Normal mode.

Actually, add in another 2-3 hours for the Left Behind DLC, which is definitely well worth playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I don't want to clutter the thread too much so here is a link to all of them (1 stupidly still has the GUI showing)

If the images are annoying ye, let me know and I'll cut down.

TLOU Photos

Here are my favourites -

20140807182927_zps1deb2b30.jpg

20140807182940_zpsfdb01844.jpg

20140807183025_zpse18c5661.jpg

20140807183036_zps0c3fb1ca.jpg

20140807183121_zpsaa82b25c.jpg

20140807183130_zps30cbe113.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

I finished grounded. Time to take it easy on hard for a while so I can collect everything and max out the upgrades.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just used photo mode for the 1st time at the bus depot, ye know the part! Why didn't I use this earlier!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

What faction have most people selected for MP ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

weiland79 wrote: »
    What faction have most people selected for MP ?

It doesn't matter. You'll always see your team as your faction even if some of them are from the other faction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Evade wrote: »
    It doesn't matter. You'll always see your team as your faction even if some of them are from the other faction.

Alrighty so I'm about to jump on now. If anyone would like to join me my tag is the same as here.

Just cleared it on normal doing a collectible run. Got every single item except for 1 firefly pendent, sickened! Have to go through all of them now and see what I'm missing.

Ending is so brilliant, even after a second playthrough. Masterpiece!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Does the plus playthrough let you keep all your weapons or are they already upgraded when you find them again etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Davei141 wrote: »
    Does the plus playthrough let you keep all your weapons or are they already upgraded when you find them again etc?

They are already upgraded when you find them again (afaik) and you keep all your health, crafting, stealth etc upgrades as well.

Played a bit of MP last night for the first time. Only got into one match with a bunch of randoms. Did pretty well actually, went for the stealth loadout. Game didn't finish properly and got kicked back out to the menus though. Couldn't get into another game after so gave up.

PSN: harleybill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

I wish you could name your classes. Seems like such a basic feature, I'm surprised they haven't implemented it.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    I wish you could name your classes. Seems like such a basic feature, I'm surprised they haven't implemented it.

Good call, its sent my OCD senses tingling that I couldnt change the name of it.

That and I wish there was a random playlist option.

It'd be nice to stick in the same lobby and when selecting the next map let's say, one would be interrogation and the other supply raid.

Especially with the matchmaking being absolute **** at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Good call, its sent my OCD senses tingling that I couldnt change the name of it.

I want to be able to know off the bat what my class entails instead of looking through them individually, because I often forget, or you pick the wrong one by accident when the countdown starts and you're unaware of the mistake.

I mostly want to give them stupid names, though :p

I was hoping they'd add the option with the remaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Got my ass kicked last night in multiplayer, on a team of randomers and other team were obviously communicating properly, couldnt move without being shot! Frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Anyone else order Remastered from zavvi? It was supposed to arrive a few days ago but no sign of it. I suppose for €35 I cant really be complaining.

Odd my copy from Zavvi arrived on Tuesday.

The copy I ordered still hasn't arrived! I feel vindicated in getting it off the psn store now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

tok9 wrote: »
    The copy I ordered still hasn't arrived! I feel vindicated in getting it off the psn store now :p

You were vindicated the second you started playing it. I genuinely wouldn't have lasted, especially after dipping in and out of this thread.
    Did you cancel you order or was that an option?

gimli2112 wrote: »
    You were vindicated the second you started playing it. I genuinely wouldn't have lasted, especially after dipping in and out of this thread.
    Did you cancel you order or was that an option?

Wasn't an option. I'm in contact with them but there has been **** all in communication. I'll have to give them a ring soon.

Neil druckman has said he is half way through the last of us film and so far some bits are quite similar and some quite different to make the story fit into 2 hours. Will be very interesting to see the differences.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

To be fair, you would be mad to want them to keep it was similar as possible. The Last Of Us game works because its an interactive game over multiple hours. A film version obviously has to be cut and adapted.

I would imagine Tess will be cut entirely.

I imagine
    Tess will be kept, but the whole Robert section will be cut. Bill might be cut altogether. Henry and Sam will probably be kept but will be shortened. The rest could be very similar to the game but just removing stuff like the sniper, the tank, and most of the conflicts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Penn wrote: »
    I imagine
    Tess will be kept, but the whole Robert section will be cut. Bill might be cut altogether. Henry and Sam will probably be kept but will be shortened. The rest could be very similar to the game but just removing stuff like the sniper, the tank, and most of the conflicts.

Yeah most action set pieces that have little to do with story will be cut. Unless they add more for her I think
    Tess will still be cut. Shes a tutorial section. In the film Joel can simply be approached by the Fireflys for a job and it goes from there. Bill will probably be cut because he had a lot to do with Tess too. I really hope they don't cut Henry and Sam.
    Its probably top three emotional gut punches in the game. They can't cut that right out.

Advertisement