Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I would be really surprised if Tess was cut. She has a key scene in convincing Joel to take Ellie.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

I have been playing mostly multiplayer the last few days. But i want to get into the main game. What difficulty should i start it on

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I have been playing mostly multiplayer the last few days. But i want to get into the main game. What difficulty should i start it on

Probably Hard.

• I cant get into any game tonight, just before the map is about to load up in multiplayer I can hear the disk spin and stop and then I get a black screen for about a minute then it boots me out to the multiplayer matchmaking screen. FFS Nothing but issues since launch I have had.

Need to re-configure me router. Think it's all me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just read troy Baker wants to be cast as a clicker :D

• Advertisement

Lads can anyone help? I cleared it on normal, started ng+ on normal. Got to chapter 2, saved and quit. Selrcted chapters, picked honetown and only see easy, normal, hard, survivor and grounded. Nothing about + or new game plus. Anyway to tell if I'm actually in survivor regular or plus?

Edit: nevermind, got my back pack and upgrades are still in place, survivor plus let's go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I completed the game on survivor on my first run through, I want to try grounded now and then grounded+ after. My question is if I complete grounded+ will it unlock all the trophies for all the lower difficulties survivor+, hard+ etc? Remastered version on ps4 if that matters.

Yupp, read that on the trophy forums, someone confirmed grounded plus unlocks all difficulty trophies but only survivor plus is needed towards platinum as grounded was dlc.

The whole survivor story thing on the MP is weird. The better I do, the more survivors I get, the more supplies I need, the better I have to keep on doing to keep them all alive. It's like it punishes you for doing well.

But it makes total sense really.

The better you do the bigger the group you get.

The bigger the group the more supplies you need to maintain and expand that group.

It's what helps keep the MP entertaining for me. Now that we've all been reset I'm trying my best to maintain my clan as high as possible. Had a max of 127.. might be able to go over that with some luck and 2 challenges increasing the population since I just went through 2 that decreased it :(

• Advertisement

Survivor plus is brilliant. The way the game was meant to be played. Just past the first clicker section in downtown, took me a few good goes, some tense gameplay. The joy of finding half a scissors is immense.

The amount of times my companions have been the death of me. There is no real room for mistakes in grounded but trying to sneak somewhere and they end up blocking you and you get caught or you try to throw a punch on someone with a firearm and your companion gets in the way causing you to miss and get gunned down. It's frustrating :(

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Here we go. Grounded mode. See what the fuss is about! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

1617571_10153147682774152_5124093264811301556_o.jpg

Spent a hour creating this masterpiece

Anyone got any tips for the hunter sniper in Pittsburgh on grounded mode? Have like 3 bullets to my name which is making it very hard to get anywhere near him with his lackys running about :(

By any chance do you have a smokebomb? Launch it at him and run then run for the front door. You'll be safe when you get inside.

I have 2, but they are basically useless because at his elevation he just shoots right over them. On about attempt 50 here but I am slowly making my way closer and closer with each try.

Make every shot count! :p

I'm relatively close to that area myself on grounded. Just in the
    sewers
    and I'm doing my very best not to use any ammo due to the end of that section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

tok9 wrote: »

sewers

The story of Ish always gets me choked up :(

tok9 wrote: »

sewers

2 well thrown molotov can get you by that part if you have the parts make sure to make them before you engage, maybe a shot or two for any clicker that makes it through the flames and you're sorted.

Finally got by the sniper, sounds silly but the best advice I can give is to approach him head on. If you take cover in any of the side buildings patrols then spawn and block the routes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Anyone on for some mp??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Axwell wrote: »
    Anyone on for some mp??

Not for me tonight mate. Watching the golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Gandalph wrote: »
    Anyone got any tips for the hunter sniper in Pittsburgh on grounded mode? Have like 3 bullets to my name which is making it very hard to get anywhere near him with his lackys running about :(

Don't know about Grounded but on Survivor
    I ran left into the first house, upstairs. Kill the three guys(although with only three bullets you'll need to sneak past them.... you can kill them all with luck if you
    take out the molotov guy and they're all next to him)
    Then run down the left side get into the house from the back, race up stairs
    and you have him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Penn wrote: »
    The whole survivor story thing on the MP is weird. The better I do, the more survivors I get, the more supplies I need, the better I have to keep on doing to keep them all alive. It's like it punishes you for doing well.

On the PS3 I had just about completed one of the faction journeys. Near the end I had crappy challenges left and failed one (just) which killed all my survivors.
    It actually destroyed me a little.

I know it can be gutting alright.

I had a real bad run of games yesterday - think it was 3-4 in total. I was able to beat the challenge (losing only 20% of the clan) but I lost a load of supplies in each game.

Went from 142 clan members to 96. :(

Back up to about 105 now I think.. trying my best to finish with over 100 in the clan.

Also I'll be on tonight whenever there is a clan going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Finished the main game last night, awesome stuff. Few tricky bits in the hospital, but managed to get through eventually (I don't really have patience for sneaking around and picking off one by one!)
    Started the 'Left Behind' stuff pretty much straight away. It's grand and all, good for a bit of background, but it's not a patch on the main game :) Would probably have preferred if they'd done something with Joel, a bit more
    grown up. The innocence of the messing around between the two girls is cool enough, bit of a break from the norm, but a bit annoying in that I just can't wait to get back to the tense bits!

Finished the main game last night, awesome stuff. Few tricky bits in the hospital, but managed to get through eventually (I don't really have patience for sneaking around and picking off one by one!)
    Started the 'Left Behind' stuff pretty much straight away. It's grand and all, good for a bit of background, but it's not a patch on the main game :) Would probably have preferred if they'd done something with Joel, a bit more
    grown up. The innocence of the messing around between the two girls is cool enough, bit of a break from the norm, but a bit annoying in that I just can't wait to get back to the tense bits!

Give it time. Left Behind gets pretty tense towards the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Left Behind is excellent IMO and its so well written with Ellies dialogue inthe main game that it could have been included no problems as it ties it altogether from when I was wondering about her little stories throughout the game.

As far as DLC stories go, I really enjoyed it.

Yupp, the banter back and forth between Ellie and Riley is some of the most natural voice acting I've ever heard in a game. Would easily play another 2-3 hours of them arsing around having the lols.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Hrmm... I've obviously lost my touch. Played through on Normal on PS3. So on Ps4 I started on Survivor. I like the suspense, really ****ting yourself at times, but for some reason I find it really hard to stealth grab the runners. I keep creeping up on them and they just spin around and catch me. Only in the Downtown area and I had to restart the scene on hard in the skyscraper. :(

Advertisement