Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Just to be clear, I am enjoying it but I do find myself hoping whatever is going to happen, happens soon so I can get back to
    saving Joel
    Just finished the bit with the
    water pistols and the infected have burst into the room, so I expect the innocence and tranquility is about to end! :D

Agree with Sheehy, the banter between the two kids is pretty good. Particularly liked the bit with the
    joke book
    . No break in the laughter/conversation which can happen in some games.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

There's nothing worse than sneaking up on a runner only for them to spin round and roar in your face. Maybe sneaking past clickers and hearing them behind you but you can't check to see if you've been spotted.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm playing on Survivor+ at the moment after just beating Normal. That skyscraper part is harder than a lot of upcoming encounters. For the runners or clickers, you have to crawl at half speed, half tilting the stick. I couldn't quite get them either when they were patrolling around unless they passed me by. For me that scene turned into -> stealth kill the first guy around the corner to the left, then stealth the guy back in the room near where you start, then all hell break loose trying to sneak on the third guy and just ran laps around the area punching everyone till just the clicker was left.

Just on Bills Town, loving it on this mode, seriously tense situations but huge joy when you beat one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

.ak wrote: »
    Hrmm... I've obviously lost my touch. Played through on Normal on PS3. So on Ps4 I started on Survivor. I like the suspense, really ****ting yourself at times, but for some reason I find it really hard to stealth grab the runners. I keep creeping up on them and they just spin around and catch me. Only in the Downtown area and I had to restart the scene on hard in the skyscraper. :(
    You're getting too close. There's no prompt to grab them on survivor so the best thing to do is tap triangle as your closing in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I've gone back to Normal after completing Survivor + (just to collect stuff). It's a completly different game. It still enjoyable but it's so easy now having gotten used to survivor.
    Don't think I used a health pack in my first survivor playthrough maybe one but was avoiding confrontation as much as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

.ak wrote: »
    Hrmm... I've obviously lost my touch. Played through on Normal on PS3. So on Ps4 I started on Survivor. I like the suspense, really ****ting yourself at times, but for some reason I find it really hard to stealth grab the runners. I keep creeping up on them and they just spin around and catch me. Only in the Downtown area and I had to restart the scene on hard in the skyscraper. :(

I went through my first play on survivor and I can honestly say that was the hardest bit, must of died 20+ times. Once I got used to the game again and went back in grounded mode and cleared it no problem on my first try. Only way to sneak up on those guys is the mini creep as I call it (don't sneak at full pace, half speed stealth). I know it sounds obvious but the key is the bottles and bricks. If you don't feel like wasting ammo I recommend stealth killing 1-2 of the runners then sneak up on the clicker and bash it's face in with a brick and just go fistycuffs with the remaining guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Bricks can be used on clickers? This is a game changer :eek:

This will make things intestring, although I was adding a shiv to a melee weapon in Bills town on my Hard + game and I came across a glitch for shivs, I Googled it and its a pretty well known glitch, although I never knew about it.

Basically its
    If you have a melee weapon already equipped and come across a new one, pick up the new one, add a shiv to it and swap it with the melee weapon you just dropped, keep dropping and picking up the different melee weapons and you can create all the shivs you can carry

It might be handy to know if youve a spare shiv and need more.

Thanks man, gonna try that shiv glitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Wait, you can use a brick to beat clickers? Like, as a melee weapon? Is this a true fact?

Theres youtube videos of it too if my above description is confusing, can be handy alright as in my original play through on hard I missed 2 shiv doors from lack of material.

• Advertisement

Wish I known that shiv thing before, I used every supply I've found so far on grounded to make shivs for the doors and near the end of the game I've only managed to unlock like 4 of them :(

Wait, you can use a brick to beat clickers? Like, as a melee weapon? Is this a true fact?

Aw hell ya! Sneak up on a clicker (sometimes works from the front as well but can be dodgy), brick in hand, hammer square for the 3 hit combo. The 3rd hit will break the brick and the clickers head, job done. It's loud though so wouldn't recommend with other clickers nearby.

LUyFyI2.gif

This changes everything!

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Bricks can be used on clickers? This is a game changer

Ya I often use different tactics to save ammo. You can't use a brick on them if they are coming straight for you but running around until the clicker grabs your companion (cruel I know but we are all survivors here!) and then smash its head open with a brick. Or just shoot it once with a pistol and when it recoils a quick switch to a brick and lunge at it and open its skull. Or stun it with a bottle or brick and follow up with an extra one lying around. I've never tried bottling them though, don't know if it works.

157647iB29C39405D9B3F69?v=mpbl-1

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Aw hell ya! Sneak up on a clicker (sometimes works from the front as well but can be dodgy), brick in hand, hammer square for the 3 hit combo. The 3rd hit will break the brick and the clickers head, job done. It's loud though so wouldn't recommend with other clickers nearby.

If they are far enough away you can sneak off (half creep) and they will generally just swing at open air were you where, pick up another brick and off you go!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

This is the reason why the brick always beats the bottle.. I've been using that tactic for a while now.

• Gandalph wrote: »
    Ya I often use different tactics to save ammo. You can't use a brick on them if they are coming straight for you but running around until the clicker grabs your companion (cruel I know but we are all survivors here!) and then smash its head open with a brick. Or just shoot it once with a pistol and when it recoils a quick switch to a brick and lunge at it and open its skull. Or stun it with a bottle or brick and follow up with an extra one lying around. I've never tried bottling them though, don't know if it works.
    I try and mix up the stealth with melee and gunplay. The game will give you ammo if you use it via pickups from dead enemies. I'm playing on Grounded mode and still finding ammo, although limited.

Yeh I notice that you get virtually no ammo drops from stealth kills. It's kind of a conundrum that you have to use ammo for the chance of getting some more, I think arrows are your best bet for that, like a 50% chance you can recover the arrow with what ever chance there is that the deceased will drop some ammo for something else without totally blowing your cover.

Program starting in September called Z Nation on SyFy about a Zombie apocalypse where 1 guy is in charge of getting another guy across country as he is the
    only person who has been bitten and survived & and is key to a cure
    .......hhhhhmmmmmmm

• Advertisement

Program starting in September called Z Nation on SyFy about a Zombie apocalypse where 1 guy is in charge of getting another guy across country as he is the
    .......hhhhhmmmmmmm

Could be interesting, I watch the Walking Dead every week but a bit of competition might improve the show if Z Nation is well written and made show.

wouldnt get my hopes up though.

Gandalph wrote: »
    Yeh I notice that you get virtually no ammo drops from stealth kills. It's kind of a conundrum that you have to use ammo for the chance of getting some more, I think arrows are your best bet for that, like a 50% chance you can recover the arrow with what ever chance there is that the deceased will drop some ammo for something else without totally blowing your cover.

Ya, an arrow strike from cover is nearly a 100% kill rate, aiming from the head when possible usually saves the arrow too if you can follow it up and get it back.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

.......hhhhhmmmmmmm

Well to be fair TLOU is hardly the first to use that story trope.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

On that note, anyone who hasn't should read The Girl With All the Gifts.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Ya but it looks crap :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Bricks can be used on clickers? This is a game changer :eek:

ik49VlPshlPIz.gif

On that note, anyone who hasn't should read The Girl With All the Gifts.

I have a book The Passage (next on my list after TWD) about virus that brings an apocalypse with one girl who
    is the antidote.
    . Hope it's good, will be nice to compare to the Last of Us but I'm just itching for TLOU film to be released because I know the story will be excellent

I have a book The Passage (next on my list after TWD) about virus that brings an apocalypse with one girl who
    is the antidote.
    . Hope it's good, will be nice to compare to the Last of Us but I'm just itching for TLOU film to be released because I know the story will be excellent

Josh Brolin to play Joel, you heard it here first. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Nicholas cage :D or mark wahlberg

• Advertisement

Troy Baker agrees with ya :)

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/troy-baker-last-us-movie-i-would-cast-josh-brolin-joel-1439359

However, just read something very worrying in that article.
    Screen Gems, who brought Resident Evil to the big screen, and Sam Raimi's Ghost House Pictures company will produce the film with the game's writer Neil Druckmann also penning the screenplay.

nooo-gif.gif

Advertisement