Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

GerB40 wrote:
    Wasn't Grounded mode on the PS3? It's the best incentive to replay the game in my opinion, seems a bit unfair that PS3 users didn't get this. And yeah, I finished it on Grounded. The magic vision Loel had on easier modes but didn't have on grounded should never have been in it at all. Of course it's handy but it would've made the whole game more difficult if you had to sit in a spot for a while working out enimies routes and using bricks and bottles to distract enemies.

I always assumed it was free, Went to play it last night and was sent to the ps store where it demanded I pay about a fiver for it. That surely annoyed a lot of people, grounded mode must be hard enough without going "I paid a fiver for THIS???!!! " during the more difficult parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Kirby wrote: »
    So Nolan North accidentally confirmed a sequel is in the works!

Huzzah! :D

I think it should have been left as a stand alone title. It doesn't need a sequel as it's a classic masterpiece the way it is.

Unless they keep the title as an IP for the game setting and focus on new different characters as they did say Joel and Ellie's story is complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Robsweezie wrote: »
    I think it was bullsh1t that we had to pay for a higher difficulty level, grounded mode should be free to ps3 users who aren't arsed getting the ps4 remastered. Anyone finished the game on grounded?? Might give it a go just to say i completed all modes.

It changes how you play entirely, very worthwhile playing grounded.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I don't think it really did annoy people as it was added in about 9 months later or so I think and was included in the season pass.

The majority who were still playing TLOU had the season pass.

On a sequel, I don't think it's any surprise they will be making another one since it sold 8+ million. Doubt there will be much work done (if any) until Uncharted 4 is released.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

They are already working on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Probably a tiny team building a prototype if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

tok9 wrote: »
    Probably a tiny team building a prototype if so.

Part of the team are helping finish Uncharted 4 as that team had to ditch 8 months work from the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Joel again, Ellie, new character/s, who would people like to see in a sequel?

Personally, I would like to see how Ellie develops. Though picking a fan favourite character like Ellie for the sequel might seem like the easy option.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

J. Marston wrote: »
    Joel again, Ellie, new character/s, who would people like to see in a sequel?

Personally, I would like to see how Ellie develops. Though picking a fan favourite character like Ellie for the sequel might seem like the easy option.

same world, but new characters is what I'd like to see

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

I'd like to see it set in the same world, with different characters, and in an entirely different location. Something more exotic/interesting.

However it would be nice to get a reference or meeting with Joe and Ellie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Morpork wrote: »
    I'd like to see it set in the same world, with different characters, and in an entirely different location. Something more exotic/interesting.

However it would be nice to get a reference or meeting with Joe and Ellie.

Pretty much this for me too. Something different, location, characters, story etc...but perhaps with some kind of smallish tie in with Joel & Ellie. I'd say they'll knock it out of the part anyway, TLoU was incredible.

this game to me is timeless. it is to the current era what crash bandicoot and tomb raider were to the ps1.

I always find the scene in the burning restaurant with david hard to play calmly, especially without the ''listen mode''. you never know where the creepy ****er is.

''you know you keep surprising me...''

I thought it was brave and ambitious of the writers to show such a young girl in such brutal mortal danger. ellie reminds me of a younger young tomb raider with the bow and arrow.

I'd prefer new characters. My first playthrough I've never been so genuinely concerned over a character's welfare, was rooting for them to survive. Had a nagging feeling one of them wasn't going to make it (probably due to the opening sequence). I couldn't go through that again.
    No, Ellie n Joel rode off into the sunset and lived happily ever after.

The End

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

Same universe with new characters. It might be interesting to see the post apocalypse from the perspective of one of the QZ police or someone from a free settlement. They've pretty much done all the unique environments in the northern part of the US, time to head south and see what cordyceps is like in the deserts or swamplands of Louisiana. Tie the games together with the continuing adventures of Ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

same world, but new characters is what I'd like to see

This.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I really don't care whether it involves new characters or if it's a continuation of the first one's story because I am 100% confident that it will be amazing regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Got back playing the MP again and I'm bloody hooked again. :(

This was funny though.

I would've liked to see the clickers, runners etc. feature in online multiplayer

Just playing through on grounded, indeed some of the combat sections are a pain in the hole, razor sharp AI that makes stealth near impossible and when they do catch you, one grab and you're a goner. Often they just leap forward and grab you unexpectedly which is a bitch sometimes. But I'm gonna see it through till the end as my last playthrough. Anyone else find grounded quite tricky??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Just playing through on grounded, indeed some of the combat sections are a pain in the hole, razor sharp AI that makes stealth near impossible and when they do catch you, one grab and you're a goner. Often they just leap forward and grab you unexpectedly which is a bitch sometimes. But I'm gonna see it through till the end as my last playthrough. Anyone else find grounded quite tricky??

Very much so. There's a lot of parts you'll find yourself repeating over and over again until you can predict every enemy movement ahead. There's one part in particular, later on in the game, that I could eventually do blindfolded up to a certain point and then just die. It's frustrating but rewarding.

The best advice I can give is to preserve your ammo. Seriously, unless there's no possible way to advance try treating ammo like the gold dust that it is. And there's very few scenarios that you need to shoot your way through so keep that in mind.. Also there's not much point in upgrading your health. Like you said, once you're caught you're a goner so just try not to get caught.

• Advertisement

GerB40 wrote:
    The best advice I can give is to preserve your ammo. Seriously, unless there's no possible way to advance try treating ammo like the gold dust that it is. And there's very few scenarios that you need to shoot your way through so keep that in mind.. Also there's not much point in upgrading your health. Like you said, once you're caught you're a goner so just try not to get caught.

GerB40 wrote:
    Very much so. There's a lot of parts you'll find yourself repeating over and over again until you can predict every enemy movement ahead. There's one part in particular, later on in the game, that I could eventually do blindfolded up to a certain point and then just die. It's frustrating but rewarding.

GerB40 wrote:

GerB40 wrote:

I wouldnt mind, only the game can be absolutely ruthless with checkpoints. There are points that are made so that you can't just run through, specifically parts that require ellies assistance, you either stealth or just kill them all, and that's a pain when conserving ammo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Boring linear game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Saipanne wrote: »
    Boring linear game.

It needed more Open World™. In fact, it needed more Moar.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The campaign to reclaim 'linear' as a word that is not inherently negative starts here. Neutral! Neutral! Neutral!

I started playing normal this weekend and just flew through it. Grounded is just a different animal and actually feels like a different game. You get emotional when you open a drawer and find some tape. Drops on easier levels are very generous but I'm enjoying the normal playthrough again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Linear = bad gaaaame!
    I want to wander around in every game I play, with a nebulous story and tons of busy work!
    I want to be able to pigeon hole every game into a simplistic metric and save me having to use any kind of genuine critical factor in judging its quality!
    And I want to do it in an open world!!

Actually, screw that, I want to play more Arkham Asylum and less Rage!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've yet to play an non-linear or open world game that can match the craftmanship, design and gameplay systems of the best linear games and I feel like I never will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I've yet to play an non-linear or open world game that can match the craftmanship, design and gameplay systems of the best linear games and I feel like I never will.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds hits a nice balance. It's open and non-linear to a certain extent, but ultimately it's all tightly-contained and disciplined. It's about as open as I want a game to get these days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Linear = bad gaaaame!
    I want to play more Arkham Asylum and less Rage!

...well....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Match making for multiplayer last few days is shocking, sitting here like an eejit over half hour waiting forna game lol fu*k this!

Advertisement