Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Bah, pre-ordered with GameStop. Naughty Dog are amazing and the multiplayer sounds really interesting, I'm not usually too interested in MP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

This is going to end up with at least a 96 on metacritic. I'll eat my hat if it doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Big Knox wrote: »
    This is going to end up with at least a 96 on metacritic. I'll eat my hat if it doesn't.

Bookmarked. Always wanted to see a guy eat his own hat :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Official PlayStation Magazine has given it 10/10 but I've a feeling they may not be the most impartial reviewers around...

Empire (the move magazine) has given it 5 stars.

danthefan wrote: »
    Official PlayStation Magazine has given it 10/10 but I've a feeling they may not be the most impartial reviewers around...

Empire (the move magazine) has given it 5 stars.

Link to the OPM source?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The Last of Us is on PSN store for preorder with Survival DLC content.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/games/the-last-of-us-survival-pack/cid=EP9000-NPEA00435_00-TLOUPSNPREORD002

A hefty 24GB's tho

• The initial download for this game is a content installer that requires approx. 200MB. The full game download requires 24GB of free HDD space and will be available from 14.06.2013.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    The Last of Us is on PSN store for preorder with Survival DLC content.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/games/the-last-of-us-survival-pack/cid=EP9000-NPEA00435_00-TLOUPSNPREORD002

A hefty 24GB's tho

• The initial download for this game is a content installer that requires approx. 200MB. The full game download requires 24GB of free HDD space and will be available from 14.06.2013.

60 is a lot but that can be split between two different PSN users can't it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Was talking to a friend that completed it and he wasn't all that impressed. Don't expect anything too far removed from Uncharted. He mentioned the writing wasn't that impressive and the girls AI was smoke and mirrors. He's usually a bit harsh when I talk to him about games but what I get from him is that it's not going to be groundbreaking like people are expecting.

The Multi doesnt look great. Firearms are either underpowered or melee is OP

Doesn't seem to be a scarcity of ammo or anything in it either. Hope this isn't showing off what MP is truly like.
    That being said I didn't realise it had a MP till recently so I'm buying this strictly for the Single player. MP is a bonus for me :pac:

• Advertisement

3 reviews and 3 perfect scores so far.

Empire 5/5
    OPM 10/10
    Edge 10/10

Obviously none of them are the most notable sources for trustworthy reviews but nevertheless a good starting point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Empire 5/5
    OPM 10/10
    Edge 10/10

Obviously none of them are the most notable sources for trustworthy reviews but nevertheless a good starting point.

Source for edge score please? Thanks

mystic86 wrote: »
    Source for edge score please? Thanks

It's in one of the ads for the game. It just shows the usual "Edge 10/10 : Epic" quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Played the demo of this last night and I can see where those scores are coming from.

Can't wait for the full release.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Timmyctc wrote: »

Doesn't seem to be a scarcity of ammo or anything in it either. Hope this isn't showing off what MP is truly like.
    That being said I didn't realise it had a MP till recently so I'm buying this strictly for the Single player. MP is a bonus for me :pac:

This looks disappointing – reminds me of GoW, maybe they should have just left it out.

Embargo on reviews is up tomorrow. MP looks generic, the melee and finisher moves looked nice tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Multiplayer once again has no interest to me (same as GOW, Uncharted etc) so I'm hoping the singleplayer builds on what I've seen in the trailer/demo - storywise and gameplay.

One thing I did notice from playing it is the main characters movement is very fluid and as been mentioned this is brought into the combat (which I found very satisfying!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

Here is the link to where the Edge 10/10 news came from

http://www.shopto.net/news/42971/The-Last-of-Us-gets-1010-from-Edge-Magazine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

They way the Edge knock down PS3 review scores that 10/10 translates to a 13/10.

It says TLOU is the 15th game to get 10/10 from Edge so surely is something special.

Grumpy, you dropping a review for this tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It says TLOU is the 15th game to get 10/10 from Edge so surely is something special.

While Edge do great journalistic articles their reviews scores can be wildly inconsistent. I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    While Edge do great journalistic articles their reviews scores can be wildly inconsistent. I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

totally agree, they gave Grid 2 a 9. Not to mention the amount of times they got it wrong. I'll never forget the 6/10 they gave Final Fantasy 10. :mad:

They are very biased towards UK devloped games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Only got it this morning and if its 16 hours long a review won't be ready for a few days. I am not rushing this game for anyone. :D Place will be flooded tomorrow anyway so it would just get lost in the madness. Will post up some thoughts once the embargo lifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Only got it this morning and if its 16 hours long a review won't be ready for a few days. I am not rushing this game for anyone. :D Place will be flooded tomorrow anyway so it would just get lost in the madness. Will post up some thoughts once the embargo lifts.

Proof that you're a gamer first, and journalist second :pac:

Yupp, enjoy that sh1t man! One thing I would like to know in your review is who is the best partnership Joel/Ellie or Lee/Clem :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

LiamKK1982 wrote: »
    totally agree, they gave Grid 2 a 9. Not to mention the amount of times they got it wrong. I'll never forget the 6/10 they gave Final Fantasy 10. :mad:

Whats wrong with that? :pac:

HAHA Yeah, I'm really enjoying Grid2 (more 8 than 9) but FF10 was crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Damn :).

Ah well its only what,less than 2 wks away:)?

10 days now. I'm starting to get giddy.
    Timmyctc wrote: »

I initially thought this meant "melee is a fag" :P

Empire 5/5
    OPM 10/10
    Edge 10/10

Retr0gamer wrote: »

While I agree about the inconsistency (and I've disagreed strongly with some of their previous 10s), I would generally consider Edge scores to be fairly solid. Who would you guys regard more highly?

• Advertisement

C14N wrote: »
    While I agree about the inconsistency (and I've disagreed strongly with some of their previous 10s), I would generally consider Edge scores to be fairly solid. Who would you guys regard more highly?

The problem with Edge is their whole 'voice of the magazine' bull**** which means reviewers aren't credited. You don't know who reviewed the game so you don't know if you trust their opinion or if it's a hack like jeff gerstmann.

It depends on the reviewer. I generally like the Eurogamer reviewers but would never trust a review from Dan Whitehead. I liked the guys at 1up as well since I knew their tastes but they are gone. Jeremy Parish in particular is superb since he had similar tastes to me and I knew that I'd probably like the same stuff he did. He'll be at USGamer come June when the site launches.

If you can't find a reviewers you trust the best barometer is to play it and make up your own mind :)

Advertisement