Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

MY friend's review is up, kind of figured he would give this mark from talking to him:

http://www.clickonline.com/games/review--the-last-of-us/18185/

I think what he brings up are minor disappointments than anything game ruining.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,399 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    MY friend's review is up, kind of figured he would give this mark from talking to him:

http://www.clickonline.com/games/review--the-last-of-us/18185/

I think what he brings up are minor disappointments than anything game ruining.

4/5?.....Hack!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Azza wrote: »
    Just pre-ordered from Gamesnash.

Only then to my horror did I read that Forbes magazine awarded it a mere 8/10.

Gamespot gave it an 8 and nowgamer gave it 8.5.

Oh well I guess I'll cancel it and go back to Solitare.

Ah crap. They're the ones I was waiting on.

Personally, I believe Solitaire scrapes a 9. If looking for a perfect 10 game, it would have to be Minesweeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

noodler wrote: »
    4/5?.....Hack!

:pac:

Which translates to 80%. what's that? A B2? :)

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Azza wrote: »
    Just pre-ordered from Gamesnash.

Only then to my horror did I read that Forbes magazine awarded it a mere 8/10.

Gamespot gave it an 8 and nowgamer gave it 8.5.

Oh well I guess I'll cancel it and go back to Solitare.

/runs away with Azza's cash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Looks like naughty dog have surpassed themselves again, can't wait now.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

just ordered there from gamesnash aswell lol,10/10 on ign :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

While I'm very happy to hear such encouraging reviews - Uncharted more than anything shows Naughty Dog surely have a great game in them - I really wish the phrase 'gaming's Citizen Kane' would be stricken from the lexicon of reviewers. I'd love to see the same reviewers actually justify such a comment with a detailed content analysis, rather than just use it as a cheap sound bite because Citizen Kane is a well regarded film they happen to know the name of.

But then Im a pretentious git like that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

We already have our citizen kane of games. It's Heavy Rain... trololololololololo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    We already have our citizen kane of games. It's Heavy Rain... trololololololololo

And they rhyme so it has to be true!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I must watch Citizen Kane so must have some cool zombies in it....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Just realised that this is released a couple days before my birthday. Nice little treat for me.

After really liking the demo and seeing some of the reviews that came out today, I'll definitely be putting my preorder in with Gamesnash.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

If I order from gamesnash do you recieve the pre-order bonus of some sight DLC. Also will I get the game on launch aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

If I order from gamesnash do you recieve the pre-order bonus of some sight DLC. Also will I get the game on launch aswell?

Pre Orders at Gamesnash are generally dispatched 24 hours before release day which with standard shipping usually arriving for release day.

Not sure about the DLC but can't really go wrong for €48. Pat from Gamesnash is normally around here so he may be able to help ya there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

While I'm very happy to hear such encouraging reviews - Uncharted more than anything shows Naughty Dog surely have a great game in them - I really wish the phrase 'gaming's Citizen Kane' would be stricken from the lexicon of reviewers. I'd love to see the same reviewers actually justify such a comment with a detailed content analysis, rather than just use it as a cheap sound bite because Citizen Kane is a well regarded film they happen to know the name of.

For it to be gamings "Citizen Kane" it would have to reinvent gaming in some way. Terrible analogy.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 WFMS

Yea, I was also wondering about the Sights & Sounds DLC. I've already pre-ordered but was just wondering if it's included. It not anything deal breaking though, just a soundtrack, a theme and a couple of avatars. And we all know how much that ****e is gonna matter to us once we actually get the game! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

WFMS wrote: »
    Yea, I was also wondering about the Sights & Sounds DLC. I've already pre-ordered but was just wondering if it's included. It not anything deal breaking though, just a soundtrack, a theme and a couple of avatars. And we all know how much that ****e is gonna matter to us once we actually get the game! :P

Ahh is that all it is? Not so bad... Might order it next week then so ... 48euro seems to be the cheapest price around alright..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

grizzly wrote: »
    For it to be gamings "Citizen Kane" it would have to reinvent gaming in some way. Terrible analogy.

How do you know it doesn't? Maybe that's why they said it. I'm not the biggest fan of Empire, but I think they know about Citizen Kane.

I'm not saying that's that they meant, maybe it was hyperbole, but neither of us have played the game so I don't think we can say with any certainty either way.

Ahh is that all it is? Not so bad... Might order it next week then so ... 48euro seems to be the cheapest price around alright..

Don't forget to include shipping into that. The cheapest you'll pay is 50 euro if you use the normal shipping, which is 2 euro. You could get the express shipping for 6 just to be absolutely positive you'll get it for release (or maybe even a bit earlier than that :rolleyes:)

Another thing to look out for is if you do want to get it on release to be able to play it for the weekend, is to pre-order at least 5 days before the game comes out. It's just what it says on the website if you want to be sure that you get it on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I agree. It's completely ridiculous to call anything "gaming's Citizen Kane" when it hasn't even come out yet. I'm fairly sure they weren't saying stuff like that for Citizen Kane itself when it came out first (it was snubbed for Best Picture after all). We can start using that analogy in 20 or 30 years if we look back and find that it actually was a hugely important moment. The reason Citizen Kane is held in such high esteem is because someone looking back can see how hugely influential and revolutionary it was, that's not the kind of thing you can just predict.

• Advertisement

WFMS wrote: »
    Don't forget to include shipping into that. The cheapest you'll pay is 50 euro if you use the normal shipping, which is 2 euro. You could get the express shipping for 6 just to be absolutely positive you'll get it for release (or maybe even a bit earlier than that :rolleyes:)

Another thing to look out for is if you do want to get it on release to be able to play it for the weekend, is to pre-order at least 5 days before the game comes out. It's just what it says on the website if you want to be sure that you get it on time.

That's there to cover us against last minute orders over subscribing our allocations because at that point it's too late for us to order in extra stock that will get here in time to ship back out pre release day. That said momentum with this title is building rapidly and we're already trying to up our orders for it. Will give everyone a heads up if we start selling through completely.

As for the pre order bonus sights and sounds pack honest answer is I don't know. We were originally told it was a cross the board bonus on all first run copies but that was then taken off the spec sheets we were given. I will try get clarification on this tomorrow. Worst case scenario is its not there and we'll throw in a bar of chocolate as a freebie :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

@ Pat

Are ye not accepting Paypal any more? I can't see it as an option. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Big Knox wrote: »
    This is going to end up with at least a 96 on metacritic. I'll eat my hat if it doesn't.
    95! how does that hat taste? :D

That's there to cover us against last minute orders over subscribing our allocations because at that point it's too late for us to order in extra stock that will get here in time to ship back out pre release day. That said momentum with this title is building rapidly and we're already trying to up our orders for it. Will give everyone a heads up if we start selling through completely.

As for the pre order bonus sights and sounds pack honest answer is I don't know. We were originally told it was a cross the board bonus on all first run copies but that was then taken off the spec sheets we were given. I will try get clarification on this tomorrow. Worst case scenario is its not there and we'll throw in a bar of chocolate as a freebie :pac:

I'll take the bar of chocolate then! Thanks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

In their defence too the actual quote is
    The Last Of Us is not just the finest game that Naughty Dog has yet crafted and an easy contender for the best game of this console generation, it may also prove to be gaming’s Citizen Kane moment – a masterpiece that will be looked back upon favourably for decades.

they say maybe it could be gaming's Citizen Kane moment, and do contextualise it. Might still be hyperbolic but I don't think it's that's much.

ShaneU wrote: »
    95! how does that hat taste? :D

Give him a bit more time! I'm sure a couple more perfect 10's are bound to crop up to bring it up to 96! haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm still not sure whether to fork out for the Ellie edition, or do the super cheap gamestop trade in 2 games thing. I'm not even sure if its worth pre ordering(in the sense of will it be hard to get, not that it won't be good)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I really hope I get mine on time. It's out on Friday so it would be disappointing not to have it for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

I cant believe this is actually happening, never thought it would live up to the hype. Cant wait for next Friday, whole weekend free then to gorge on it :)

• Advertisement

Oat23 wrote: »
    @ Pat

Are ye not accepting Paypal any more? I can't see it as an option. :(

We pulled it off the site as to be perfectly honest we were losing too much from paypal chargebacks where we felt paypal were at fault (hacked verified account used to order email dispatch codes etc) It just isn't viable anymore.

That said if paypal is your only option as you have funds in an account or similar you could send funds via paypal to us and I can place an order on your behalf. Drop me a PM if you'd like the details.

Advertisement