Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The question isn't when videogames will have their citizen kane moment but when will cinema have it's Night Trap moment:

(I stole that one from Azza but it was too good not to share)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Soooo.....

I heard this is a good game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Soooo.....

I heard this is a good game?

It's twenty-four times better and sixteen times more influential than Citizen Kane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Big Knox wrote: »
    It's twenty-four times better and sixteen times more influential than Citizen Kane.

Its basically like if Goldeneye was created by the director and screenwriter of Citizen Kane....on acid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Man, ever since I've heard the comparisons I've been dying to get this!
    I loved Legacy of Kane!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Man, ever since I've heard the comparisons I've been dying to get this!
    I loved Legacy of Kane!

I thought this was the sequel to Kane and Lynch? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Timmyctc wrote: »
    I thought this was the sequel to Kane and Lynch? :confused:

Easy mistake but it's hardly going to be that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I just hope there's an appearance by The Undertaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I hear the performances from John Lithgow and Michael Kane are great!

And back to being back on topic, having just read an article on PS4 and XBox One preorder numbers, do they announce preorder numbers for games? Just would be curious to see if they changed since all the reviews came out

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Alright, I can actually see this one happening

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSeAyryrd3RUsfLIJzGNuGuOWPGVZAKdrTJRT-6fByXYyM7a4-GDw

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

OK - Mixed news folks.

The sights and sounds pack that was asked about earlier in the thread will not be available. If we get any DLC codes we will of course pass them on but for the moment it's not on the table.

I did mention chocolate bars as a substitute ;) - Any boardsie who has a pre order with ourselves will get priority picking and a much sought after Tayto Cheese And Onion Bar free with every order. PM me your order number and I will get this sorted for you on the system.

Advance warning - and please don't take this as me hyping things up ! Stock of this is running very scarce. 2 out of 4 distributors we deal with have had their allocations cut and are only capable of supplying a percentage of what was ordered into them. The other 2 were unable to access any more stock after trying to up their own orders. It certainly appears that there isn't enough copies manufactured to meet the pre order demand for day 1. At one point yesterday we were looking at having to stop taking pre orders and indeed cancel some. Plenty more grey hairs here :eek: Thankfully though we were able to secure more :) but not as many as we would have liked. I believe across the board on this there will be shortages / waiting lists until a second batch lands in middle of the following week. Pre order as early as you can (even if that's not with us) if you haven't already done so.

Thanks for the heads up Pat! Getting it with Smyths with a voucher I got but gonna head in today to preorder it.

Thanks for the Tayto Bar with Grid 2, was a nice little bonus on my Birthday and in all honesty, Tayto Bar's beat preorder DLC anyday.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I hear the performances from John Lithgow and Michael Kane are great!

And back to being back on topic, having just read an article on PS4 and XBox One preorder numbers, do they announce preorder numbers for games? Just would be curious to see if they changed since all the reviews came out

Anecdotal that it is. We have seen demand for this sky rocket in the last week - more so than any title I can remember. Usually big titles are a steady stream of pre orders with a ramp up the week before release. This ramp though is the biggest I have seen.

Anecdotal that it is. We have seen demand for this sky rocket in the last week - more so than any title I can remember. Usually big titles are a steady stream of pre orders with a ramp up the week before release. This ramp though is the biggest I have seen.

Can only imagine what GTA V is going to be like. Speaking of, as soon as you have that up for preorder, let us know (if you're allowed to on Boards)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Got a laugh from this with all the review score talk.

vnrGt9C.jpg

ahahahaha thats brilliant!

Kaz Hirai is really some boyo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

This game is outstanding. A surprising level of maturity to it and totally engrossing. The amount of work that has gone into it is astonishing. All the high scores are all genuinely deserved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Will Gamestop be doing a nationwide midnight launch for this Thursday? Or is that just for big multi format titles? Would suit me perfect if they were!! Gonna trade in Ni No Kuni and Sonic Racing for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

6 days... So excited :D

• Advertisement

I actually think one of the most exciting things about this game with regards to the possible effect it will have on the industry is that it's a completely new IP that seems to be selling through the roof (or pre-ordering).

At the moment, game series are like brands and usually sequels do well based off the reputation of previous games in the series. The problem is that this results in forcing extra sequels just to turn a profit, regardless of whether they're actually justified. The fact that this is an entirely new series and is doing that anyway (the hype for this seems to be even bigger than the Uncharted sequels) is a sign that the reputation of the developers is starting to become as important as the series itself.

If this really does work out then we might start seeing new game ideas that AAA devs actually want to make and new games for us to play instead of being locked into a franchise for several instalments for the sake of making it financially worthwhile, which has a habit of making the series drag on far longer than it should have.

TL:DNR
    It's nice to see an original, creative IP selling as well as safe sequels.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Was the ramp up immediately after the review embargo lifted Pat? it certainly suggests that if a developer has a real quality game on their hands lifting it the day before release is a pretty silly move.

Unfortunately for me I don't have a PS4PS3 :( I do have two brothers with one though so all hope is not yet lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

marco_polo wrote: »

Unfortunately for me I don't have a PS4 :( I do have two brothers with one though so all hope is not yet lost.

Do they work for Sony?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

mikom wrote: »
    Do they work for Sony?

He means 3. It's everywhere lately, people are mistyping PS2,3 and 4 and mixing them up all over the shop.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

mikom wrote: »
    Do they work for Sony?

Facepalm :o

marco_polo wrote: »
    Was the ramp up immediately after the review embargo lifted Pat? it certainly suggests that if a developer has a real quality game on their hands lifting it the day before release is a pretty silly move.

Certainly looks that way. It's actually really interesting. Last 3 days pre orders make up over 70% of the total to date which is a big ramp up by any standards.

As a rough comparison that's about double the portion of sales the same period saw for Black Ops 2 on PS3 up to that date. (Based on data for the same 3 day period 6 days out from release) If you can follow that you're doing well :D

That's just for us and that's a rough glance at it analysis from me ! It may not reflect how things are looking industry wide but I suspect it will be similar. If the hassle we've had trying to secure extra stock is anything to go by then it definitely has been a similar ramp up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Yeah I was kind of following this game and was going to get it, all I really knew though was it was competent and beautiful. Then Sony posted this on facebook and I honestly thought it was made up. Reading reviews now I can't wait, pre-ordered the collectors edition. You know when Edge give something 10/10 it's worth playing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Yeah I was kind of following this game and was going to get it, all I really knew though was it was competent and beautiful. Then Sony posted this on facebook and I honestly thought it was made up. Reading reviews now I can't wait, pre-ordered the collectors edition. You know when Edge give something 10/10 it's worth playing :D

It's odd that they used those 10s, there was a few bigger names that gave it 10s.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭storker

Vegeta wrote: »
    Has this been posted already?

fyciq1S.jpg

Make that 3. Lee and Clementine (The Walking Dead).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 WFMS

storker wrote: »
    Make that 3. Lee and Clementine (The Walking Dead).
    Except Lee wasn't voiced by Troy Baker, which was the main heading of the picture... lol

Advertisement