Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

C14N wrote: »
    TL:DNR
    It's nice to see an original, creative IP selling as well as safe sequels.

No other developer has Sony's marketing or a series of Uncharted's quality behind it so doubt you will see anything like that unfortunately. The success of Dark Souls is what gave me more hope of it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Roll on friday!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A review from some one I can trust, Sessler is one of the best journalists working in the medium:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    No other developer has Sony's marketing or a series of Uncharted's quality behind it so doubt you will see anything like that unfortunately. The success of Dark Souls is what gave me more hope of it.

Well if we're talking about it in terms of marketing budget, I'm sure a few others can put out similar levels of marketing (although I still haven't seen any actual advertisements for this yet). EA and Activision both have the kind of money for it, I'm sure Ubisoft would be close enough too. MS and Nintendo can both market their own exclusives as much as Sony can, neither are poor.

There aren't many developers with a reputation as good as Naughty Dog's yet but I'm hopeful that there will be in the near future. Bethesda have a solid track record, Bioware do/did (would have been much higher before a huge number of people started to hate them), Rockstar do too and there's obviously Valve as well. There's not that many in the grand scheme, I know, I'm just saying we could start to see it more in future years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

C14N wrote: »
    Well if we're talking about it in terms of marketing budget, I'm sure a few others can put out similar levels of marketing (although I still haven't seen any actual advertisements for this yet). EA and Activision both have the kind of money for it, I'm sure Ubisoft would be close enough too. MS and Nintendo can both market their own exclusives as much as Sony can, neither are poor.

There aren't many developers with a reputation as good as Naughty Dog's yet but I'm hopeful that there will be in the near future. Bethesda have a solid track record, Bioware do/did (would have been much higher before a huge number of people started to hate them), Rockstar do too and there's obviously Valve as well. There's not that many in the grand scheme, I know, I'm just saying we could start to see it more in future years.

This time tomorrow we are going to be swimming in new ips

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Is out this Friday? Sorry, very limited internet access for me.
    I don't buy new releases anymore, but I am really looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Is out this Friday? Sorry, very limited internet access for me.
    I don't buy new releases anymore, but I am really looking forward to this.

Yupp

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Yupp

Lovely. Hopefully broadband will be up and running so I can watch few reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I never pre order games but Friday in gamestop I couldn't help myself. Roll on the weekend between this and man of steel I'll be busy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭storker

WFMS wrote: »
    Except Lee wasn't voiced by Troy Baker, which was the main heading of the picture... lol

Ha...missed that critical bit... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Pre-order this with Amazon. I picked super saver delivery (so I guess I'm unlikely to have it for release date?). Really looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Hopefully be getting this next week! :D I love post-apoc games <3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

if you preorder this in a certain gamestop do you have to pick it up in that gamestop or can you go into any game stop
    also is any gamestops having midnight launches for this? probably not id imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

biggebruv wrote: »
    if you preorder this in a certain gamestop do you have to pick it up in that gamestop or can you go into any game stop
    also is any gamestops having midnight launches for this? probably not id imagine

You have to pickup from whichever Gamestop you preordered in. I'd suspect most of the major Gamestops are having a midnight release. Cork has a midnight release and preorders appear to be high so it's a big release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Corkfeen wrote: »
    You have to pickup from whichever Gamestop you preordered in. I'd suspect most of the major Gamestops are having a midnight release. Cork has a midnight release and preorders appear to be high so it's a big release.

Can you check online if they are doing midnight release or anyfink?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I don't see much mention of people purchasing this off the playstation network, is there any reason for not buying/preordering it directly from playstation?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I don't see much mention of people purchasing this off the playstation network, is there any reason for not buying/preordering it directly from playstation?

I think it's that it's 55 euro, where Gamesnash are selling it for 49.99 incl delivery. Plus it's a hefty download file. I know you can play halfway through the download but easier just to get a physical copy from a shop.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It took me 3 days to download a 6.7gig game,I can't imagine how long it would take to download 24gig :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

You can't resell a downloaded game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I think it's that it's 55 euro, where Gamesnash are selling it for 49.99 incl delivery. Plus it's a hefty download file. I know you can play halfway through the download but easier just to get a physical copy from a shop.

I prefer the idea of a physical copy, I would download on steam but for PS3 I would normally buy a physical copy.
    It took me 3 days to download a 6.7gig game,I can't imagine how long it would take to download 24gig :eek:.

Pretty big game, I have a good connection, it shouldn't take me 3 days to download it though, I can't imagine taking that long.
    You can't resell a downloaded game.

I was thinking about this too, but then I thought about all the consoles I owned and all the games I still have for them. I never sell my games...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Christ, this game is getting hugely overrated. It's a top game, but it's not Citizen Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

It takes longer for me to download 50% than to have delivered by snail-mail. Also, I generally just prefer physical copies, especially if it's something I'm really excited for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

I think each to their own, if you have the internet connection to download it then go ahead. I have it pre ordered on the PS store, Naughty Dog said that you can start playing when its's 50% done. What's annoying me at the moment is that it won't let ya start downloading until the 14th, with Bioshock Infinite I could pre-download it around 2 weeks before release.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Are you on dial up Seph :P? I'm on UPC 100mb, but Steam still tops out around 8mb/s. Would probably take me an hour to download, however some games need boxes. This sounds like one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

I just noticed that this got released to the pirate world 4 days ago (as a 33GB file).

I thought this was worldwide release on the 14th so wasn't expecting them to get it for a good while after but I'm guessing people got their hands on a review version or someone just leaked it the full version early.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

10.75 days... :P

Timmyctc wrote: »

only the store on Patrick street in cork is doing a midnight release... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Does anyone are xtravision stocking this? I asked in there today, and they said no.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Timmyctc wrote: »

Check here, it says only Cork but that must be wrong. Ask them, or ring your local gamestop wherever you are.

• Advertisement

Check here, it says only Cork but that must be wrong. Ask them, or ring your local gamestop wherever you are.

see my response on the previous page... just the store on Patrick street unfortunately :(

Advertisement