Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

GameStop will be selling it in-store for €54.99 as far as I know. I had ordered the special edition in-store on Saturday but they cancelled the pre-order yesterday because it was actually sold out and the system hasn't been updated at the time. They offered me €5 off the regular edition and 2 free DLC packs and said it would cost me €50, so that's where I'm getting the €54.99 figure from. Hope this helps. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

It's a real shame HMV is not open, new games were always €47.99, miss them terribly. I know a few Dublin stores are re-opening, I hope the Kilkenny one will open too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

GameStop will be selling it in-store for €54.99 as far as I know. I had ordered the special edition in-store on Saturday but they cancelled the pre-order yesterday because it was actually sold out and the system hasn't been updated at the time. They offered me €5 off the regular edition and 2 free DLC packs and said it would cost me €50, so that's where I'm getting the €54.99 figure from. Hope this helps. :)

They took my 20 euro yesterday for pre order and didn't say anything about being sold out. Which store was this in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Think this might be my first PS3 pre-order! :eek:
    I usually just wait about 6 months so any issues have been patched and there's a bit of a price drop but despite being sceptical about the Uncharted series I thought 2 and 3 were excellent (1 not so much) and I have never seen a game review so well across the board.

Zavvi is the only site I can see doing the Sites and Sounds pack at the moment. Any others doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

sin0city wrote: »
    Think this might be my first PS3 pre-order! :eek:
    I usually just wait about 6 months so any issues have been patched and there's a bit of a price drop but despite being sceptical about the Uncharted series I thought 2 and 3 were excellent (1 not so much) and I have never seen a game review so well across the board.

Zavvi is the only site I can see doing the Sites and Sounds pack at the moment. Any others doing it?

Surely pre-ordering now would defeat the purpose of it from somewhere like Zavvi? You can walk into a shop tomorrow and pick it up but if you pre-order now it's going to be the middle of next week before you get your hands on it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Big Knox wrote: »
    Surely pre-ordering now would defeat the purpose of it from somewhere like Zavvi? You can walk into a shop tomorrow and pick it up but if you pre-order now it's going to be the middle of next week before you get your hands on it!

I'm away all weekend anyway and I don't mind not getting it until some time next week. I could just buy it then but the price will be the same so I'd like to get the pack with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone ever pre-order a game with Smyths and was able to collect it the day before by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Sraw

Apparently my copy showed up this morning from Gamesnash. Which is nice. So a big thank you to them. I know what I'll be doing later so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Anyone ever pre-order a game with Smyths and was able to collect it the day before by any chance?

Yeah, once back in the day with Gears of War 1 on a Thursday evening but never again. No main retail shop will ever break release dates due to the fines they will face, it's a big deal. Small independent stores do early releases because no one really notices or reports it.

Sraw wrote: »
    Apparently my copy showed up this morning from Gamesnash. Which is nice. So a big thank you to them. I know what I'll be doing later so.

Damn! next birthday/christmas/hanukkah I'm specifically asking for Gamesnash vouchers! Enjoy man!

• Advertisement

review roundup

SFX – 5/5
    Joystiq – 5/5
    GiantBomb – 5/5
    Digital Spy – 5/5
    Polygon – 7.5/10
    Zing.cz – 8/10
    Gamespot – 8/10
    NowGamer – 8.5/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I've actually gotten a few games early from symths recently. Might take a look in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone that got a dispatch email from gamesnash yesterday and payed for express get there copy today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Just got my order from gamestop paid for express shipping and got the game a day early happy out with that

But the a major problem i have did anyone else not get there Pre Order DLC in there Jiffy Bag ?

cloud493 wrote: »
    I've actually gotten a few games early from symths recently. Might take a look in.

Let me know if they are :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Anyone that got a dispatch email from gamesnash yesterday and payed for express get there copy today?

I'd say this guy did:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85052475&postcount=670

?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Sraw

I got the dispatch email yesterday. But I only paid for standard postage. Because of that I really wasn't expecting it to arrive this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Day off tomorrow will be sweet. And the awful weather means I wont feel bad about spending my whole day in front of the tv. Mega.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Just got my dispatch e-mail from Gamesnash :D.

borat-dance.gif

Anyone see The Last of Us comics, American Dreams? I found the 1st 2 on google, the last 2 are out in a couple of weeks. 4 part series acting as a prequel to the game and what happens Ellie before she meets Joel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

anyone lookin for a cheap copy wowhd doin it for 40e, free delivery and accept laser card

http://www.ie.wowhd.com/games/last-of-us-the-playstation-3/dp/32058889/57701563

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

padz wrote: »
    anyone lookin for a cheap copy wowhd doin it for 40e, free delivery and accept laser card

http://www.ie.wowhd.com/games/last-of-us-the-playstation-3/dp/32058889/57701563

Yeah but don't they ship from Hong Kong? would be ages in transit.

ARGOS doing it for 51.99e:
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1380468/Trail/searchtext%3ETHE+LAST+OF+US.htm

Cheapest I've seen so far for buying in store.

Smyths 55e
    Gamestop prolly 55e

where else is there to but these days?
    Tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Pfft... Xtravision for a tenner. Drop it back next Friday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I got my dispatched email yesterday around 3 or some thing, and i paid for express delivery still nothing yet though. Probably come tomorrow i guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

Mr E wrote: »
    Pfft... Xtravision for a tenner. Drop it back next Friday. :)
    I agree with ya, I should rent games more often, I would save myself a fortune. Already bought the PSN version though, huge download begins at midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

its about 4 working days...it will ship 2mo prob get to me nxt thurs, thats hoping their not short on stock

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

padz wrote: »

its about 4 working days...it will ship 2mo prob get to me nxt thurs, thats hoping their not short on stock
    Hmm, I hope so for you. Would hate to be waiting ages to play it. :)

Meh, I'll prolly just go with Argos in town tomorrow.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just got mine via nite link courier :).

LiamKK1982 wrote: »
    I agree with ya, I should rent games more often, I would save myself a fortune. Already bought the PSN version though, huge download begins at midnight

Ah thats crap, they should really let you preload the game a few days in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

My copy just arrived from Gamestop anyway. Happen to have day off work and all. Perfect timing.

Advertisement