Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Kirby wrote: »
    3 or 4 hours in. I can't wait to get an upgraded shiv.
    That room with all the clickers is a nightmare and if they grab you its game over. Would be nice to be able to stab them off you. Did the rest of you open the safe? I cleared them all out so I could.

Having great fun. You feel pretty powerful when you are at full ammo for both your guns, two shivs, a Molotov and an iron bar. And then when the ammo runs out and your shivs and bar is broken........you feel totally helpless. Typical. :P

Also, the bit in the sewer with all the smog where you use the raft.....I have a feeling a missed something down there but I was just so uncomfortable in the water and not being able to see anything....I just legged it out of there. :p
    For clickers I usually hit them with a Molotov that way they make tons of noise the others in the room attack them and catch fire. You can kill 3-4 that way very easily

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just picked up my copy from Smyths. I was supposed to get the 'Sights and Sounds' DLC pack for preordering but no code with the game. They said they never received them and T&C's mean they will only give it if they have them.

F*cking bullsh*t.

On the plus side, I finally have the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Me 10 minutes ago waiting for the post:

sonic-the-hedgehog.gif

Me in 5 minutes time walking calmly towards the PS3:

sonic_running_avatar_picture_66299.gif

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

What are the chances of walking into a shop today and picking this up?

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »

Smyths has a a full shelf choco block full of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I did. There was no bother

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Good, but hurry.

So I picked it up this morning but only had time to play the (immense) first 10 mins as im going away till tuesday. Got the sights and sounds pack and the survivor pack for preordering.

Of course being the nerd I am, traded in stuff and got the statue too :-p

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Watch out for the auto save bug!

In the pause menu 'Autosave in progress' or similar appears and never goes off and theres no way to save or exit to menu.

Just ran into it there. Dont know how much progress I lost yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

You can turn off autosave:
    When the game asks you select a save file, you press O and it'll warn you that autosaving will be disabled. You press yes and the game won't auto save anymore.

So anyone who hasn't started playing yet, probably best to leave it off and save manually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Got it a while ago in the post, thanks Gamesnash!

I'm now going to unfollow this till I've completed it. See you all in a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Just Got the Auto Save Glitch

My God i am angry as hell as i was playing about 2 and 30 hours so far today and i got a lot done

Just on the part
    Where you met the black guy and his son for the 1st time but i have to go back to before you even get to the hotel extremely pissed off now

But i am loving the game so far

Any how do i turn off the Auto Save or do i have to start the game again ?

I emailed Smyths and they gave me a code for sights and sounds DLC pack :D Just read about the autosave glitch, thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭gammon_steak

So is it any good and worth all the hype and 10/10 reviews??

A good purchase or one to rent for a week?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Me in 5 minutes time walking calmly towards the PS3:

sonic_running_avatar_picture_66299.gif

I knew I shouldn't have run off so fast :pac: damn autosave :eek:

Lost about an hour, maybe a little less. I had just
    Met Ellie for the first time
    when I decided it was coffee break time and came on here and realised. Now have to start at
    exploring the house
    but have auto save turned off now, hopefully.

Went and purchased this in Gamestop - is there anything required to download first before playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

If anyone is looking for the Joel Edition, Xtravision have it for €64.99, I'm just after picking up my copy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Xtravision didn't get any copies of the game to rent. Sad face. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Mr E wrote: »
    Xtravision didn't get any copies of the game to rent. Sad face. :(

Can buy the game for €5 if you trade in 2(listed) games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Went and purchased this in Gamestop - is there anything required to download first before playing?

A 45mb update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah just read about the glitch on neogaf. Anyone try this?
    Apparently, the game does save even with this bug. I found a site where the people were saying that the time stamps were all screwed up. If you go to "Load Game" instead of "Continue", you'll be able to find and select the correct save point.

I don't have the game myself yet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

What is the story with overheating and the fat ps3, anyone had any issues, seems like a lot of people are reporting The Last Of Us causing this problem.

A 45mb update.

Oh lovely - better start the download if I want to start after I finish work
    Xenji wrote: »
    What is the story with overheating and the fat ps3, anyone had any issues, seems like a lot of people are reporting The Last Of Us causing this problem.

Is it causing the PS to stall? Crap if true :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

This autosave is an absolute bastard. I'm after losing about 2 hours I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

the last of us puts the machine under serious pressure. Before you play turn your PS3 off with the controller (so the red light shows) Then unplug the power cable from the back of the system. Hold the eject button and plug back in the cable. The fans will go mental and blow in reverse but it will knock the dust out of your PS3. this will help a little.

the last of us puts the machine under serious pressure. Before you play turn your PS3 off with the controller (so the red light shows) Then unplug the power cable from the back of the system. Hold the eject button and plug back in the cable. The fans will go mental and blow in reverse but it will knock the dust out of your PS3. this will help a little.

This can also seriously damage the PS3 and is not recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Oh lovely - better start the download if I want to start after I finish work

Is it causing the PS to stall? Crap if true :(

Not sure, my friend got it and he has the Fat one, said he had to turn off the system as it got really hot after about 15 minutes, it is being said on a lot of other forums as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

Just lost 4 hours of gameplay because of the c**t autosave bug. Naughty Gods my arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Lost 2 hours of gameplay >.<

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Is there anyway i can prevent losing my progress before i start playing or is it an inevitability?

Advertisement