Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Goddamn autosave bug, lost a ton of progress. I can't find an option to turn it off?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,399 ✭✭✭✭noodler

ShaneU wrote: »
    Goddamn autosave bug, lost a ton of progress. I can't find an option to turn it off?

As above:
    If you think you can remember to save yourself, autosave can be disabled when loading a game by pressing O, it should warn you that autosaving will be disabled. You press yes and the game won’t auto save anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Apparently, Sony are advising people to reinstall the game if it happens but obviously happening to people with retail disks as well. Seems to be happening a LOT of people.

Anyone try what was mentioned before, pressing Load instead of Continue?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

noodler wrote: »
    As above:

I can't get this to work. If I press circle it just says do you want to cancel the load operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Hi everyone, anyone know what I would get towards The Last of Us in GameStop if I traded in Black Ops 2? Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It'll take 60 seconds to look up the number, call them and ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I havent played a game on the ps3 in over a year and i only heard about this yesterday :o but just bought it in tesco and used a 10euro clubcard voucher i had :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Turn off the auto save when you load the game does not work just to let people now as all it does is go back to the main screen

Still hopping for a patch fast

Mr E wrote: »
    It'll take 60 seconds to look up the number, call them and ask.

I am in work so can't use the phone at the minute, thanks for the reply though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Turn off the auto save when you load the game does not work just to let people now as all it does is go back to the main screen

Still hopping for a patch fast

Only option to turn off the auto save feature is to start a new game. It's the only way.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

**** this. Lost two hours of progress.

Game is being left alone until a patch is released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Turning off autosave, has anyone got this to work? Doesn't give me the option anyway.

I think I'm going to not play until a patch appears, which is highly irritating.

The Same i cant be assed playing anymore to they patch it as i am just going to be wasting my time as i tried it again there and after 10 mins auto save bug again

I think this bug is as bad as sim city when it came out as bad as that game was at 1st i was still able to play the game !!!!

I expect something off sony for this as i cant play the game i payed for !!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I saw the opening of the game on JP McDaniels' stream earlier and I found myself genuinely interested in getting a hold of a PS3 just to play it. Looks incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

this is an absolute f**king joke!!! just lost about 4 hours worth! and what am i supposed to do now, go back to the save point from last night? the bug will just probably happen again!! or start a new game with the auto-save turned off?? I've put just under 10 hours into this game and now I'm supposed to start all over again?!?!

jesus ch**st!!!!

Sorry to hear the troubles with it! So if I am playing for the first time what do I do to avoid the glitch? Or can it not be avoided?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Reading on the neogaf thread they've tried various things and seems it's ok if you play it offline

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Surprised to hear such a major bug considering the game was reviewed by so many outlets and not one mention of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Only option to turn off the auto save feature is to start a new game. It's the only way.:(

This is what I had to do. I deleted everything related to the game from the Playstation. Started the game again but pressed O at the prompt to download the update to skip it and it seems to be able to save manually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Guys they've near enough confirmed on NeoGAF that the glitch will only occur when signed into PSN.

So I'm going to try signing out and seeing what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Not in Tesco anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

danthefan wrote: »
    Turning off autosave, has anyone got this to work? Doesn't give me the option anyway.

I think I'm going to not play until a patch appears, which is highly irritating.

Yep, I started a new game. It asked me to create a new save file, I said no. It then said auto save will not work and I have to save manually. There, done, happy days.

If anyone gets the offline game auto save working post up here as i am only going to try it if it works

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

mutley18 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, anyone know what I would get towards The Last of Us in GameStop if I traded in Black Ops 2? Thanks!

You would get a "Hostile Hunter Killer Drone Inbound" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I took the hit and pretty much restarted 30 minutes in via the chapters and turned-off the autosave. I just kept saving now and again manually and it seemed ok and the save info was responsive to where I was in the game. It's surely not the end of the world to do it manually?

I turned it off just now and am taking a break but didn't check to see if it would load in the correct position but I presume it will as it did save. I was lucky I only lost shy of an hour before I realised though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

EA & Sim City all over again it seems except this is with ND

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Hard isn't very hard. I haven't got too far, just met Ellie in it but I'm enjoying it so far. I'll resume later on tonight.
    Mc Love wrote: »
    EA & Sim City all over again it seems except this is with ND

No it's not, Sim City was completely unplayable, you can still play TLOU. I turned off autosave at the start and I've not been affected by the bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Well it saved perfectly for me just now on a part that was problematic the last time I played. Only difference this time is I didn't install the update thus making the PS3 sign out of the PSN

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Well fúck ye anyway Naughty Dog.

Started a marathon session at half 9 this morning. Turned off notifications on the PS3, Phone and Tablet so i wouldn't be interrupted. Decided after 8 hours to have a slash. While slashing, i checked bookface and lo and behold i see about the autosave bug. Run back into the sittingroom and i can see the pause screen confirming the bug. Had to hard reset to quit, and when i load the game...

Over 6 hours lost. And a customer. I have no intention of continuing this game. I'm actually furious!!!

Anyone who hasn't got it yet and might be reading this, DON'T DOWNLOAD THE UPDATE!!! That seems to be the problem. Oh i could punch the PS3! Also, serious fan blowing going on in my original phat PS3. :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

mystic86 wrote: »
    this is an absolute f**king joke!!! just lost about 4 hours worth! and what am i supposed to do now, go back to the save point from last night? the bug will just probably happen again!! or start a new game with the auto-save turned off?? I've put just under 10 hours into this game and now I'm supposed to start all over again?!?!

jesus ch**st!!!!

I played six hours last night and had absolutely no problems. It must be the patch causing the issues. Going to sign out before I continue later which should hopefully allow me to continue!

Advertisement