Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Well fúck ye anyway Naughty Dog.

Started a marathon session at half 9 this morning. Turned off notifications on the PS3, Phone and Tablet so i wouldn't be interrupted. Decided after 8 hours to have a slash. While slashing, i checked bookface and lo and behold i see about the autosave bug. Run back into the sittingroom and i can see the pause screen confirming the bug. Had to hard reset to quit, and when i load the game...

Over 6 hours lost. And a customer. I have no intention of continuing this game. I'm actually furious!!!

Anyone who hasn't got it yet and might be reading this, DON'T DOWNLOAD THE UPDATE!!! That seems to be the problem. Oh i could punch the PS3! Also, serious fan blowing going on in my original phat PS3. :mad: :mad:

That sucks man it really does but it's the kind of game where you can make up time very quickly. Stick it on easy and blast through it, supplies are really a luxury not a necessity. You could make your time up in 2 hours or even less I would guess, then once you get back to the same point up the difficulty via the menus and you're sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Big Knox wrote: »
    That sucks man it really does but it's the kind of game where you can make up time very quickly. Stick it on easy and blast through it, supplies are really a luxury not a necessity. You could make your time up in 2 hours or even less I would guess, then once you get back to the same point up the difficulty via the menus and you're sorted.

Bah, it's not going to happen today, or possibly even this week. Just too mad at the bloody game. Which is a shame, as i was loving it.

Is it too much to ask for a finished product on launch day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I don't think it is that hard, yet anyway. Use stealth like the game encourages, hardly even need to shoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Mc Love wrote: »
    EA & Sim City all over again it seems except this is with ND

Huge over exaggeration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Bah, it's not going to happen today, or possibly even this week. Just too mad at the bloody game. Which is a shame, as i was loving it.

Is it too much to ask for a finished product on launch day?

The strange thing is it was working fine before the patch so god knows how they managed to make such a mess of it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Big Knox wrote: »
    The strange thing is it was working fine before the patch so god knows how they managed to make such a mess of it!

Well they've pissed off a fan, and quite possibly stopped me from Day 1 purchases of their games.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Is there any way of saving? On the pause menu it says autosaving please wait but its not actually doing anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Read a few posts above.

Apparently naughty dog are aware of the issue and are working on a fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Surely when beta testing did the testers not save ? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Tommay

Via Twitter
    We've addressed the autosave issue, it was related to servers on our end. Please quit to XMB and restart the game. SP and MP are OK to play!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Autosave issue is fixed, no patch needed, just restart the game. Was a problem with their servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Issue is fixed according to Naughty Dog.

It was a problem with their servers.
    Naughty Dog ‏@Naughty_Dog 33m
    RE #TheLastofUs autosave - we'll have an update to share with you in a few minutes.
    Christophe Balestra ‏@cbalestra 24m
    Big 'thank you' to @MarkySharky for helping us track down the autosave bug. Should be clear now. Thanks for your patience.
    The autosave issue was a problem w/ our servers. No patch needed to fix it, just re-launch the game. Thanks again :)
    Naughty Dog ‏@Naughty_Dog 11m
    We've addressed the autosave issue, it was related to servers on our end. Please quit to XMB and restart the game. SP and MP are OK to play!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Oh well better start again so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Like a bunch of spoilt children with a broken toy on Xmas morning in here.

Im joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

I was thinking of getting a lend of the ps3 off my brother to play this, would i be able to buy the game from psn?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Never buy on Day 1 usually but this game had me contemplating it. Just glad my natural laziness saved me this hassle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

el dude wrote: »
    I was thinking of getting a lend of the ps3 off my brother to play this, would i be able to buy the game from psn?

Yep you can purchase it from the PSN store, its €59.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

6 hours lost. Dont mind playing it again. but dont understand the fix that was suggested.

Tom_Cruise wrote: »
    Yep you can purchase it from the PSN store, its €59.99.

If i buy it on the usa psn, will I have any problems playing it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

el dude wrote: »
    If i buy it on the usa psn, will I have any problems playing it?

If it's a US PSN account then you shouldn't have a problem.

My first PS3 was a US Playstation, I just made an EU account and could use it like normal.

The multiplayer's not half bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just about to start it, good timing with the fix in place :D

Not sure when I'll be on MP but add me for a game. PSN is sheehy83

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

I'm too mad to start over again, just need to cool off. Maybe a good douche, pizza & kinder Buenos will help

danthefan wrote: »
    If it's a US PSN account then you shouldn't have a problem.

My first PS3 was a US Playstation, I just made an EU account and could use it like normal.

Last question then..Could I theoretically sell on the profile I used to buy the game? Would there be any interested buyers?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Agricola wrote: »
    Never buy on Day 1 usually but this game had me contemplating it. Just glad my natural laziness saved me this hassle!

Me being hangover like **** saved me! :p

Nah, I am still going to gamestop to put a few more on my ps4 preorder, so might pick it up too. I am more worried about it killing ps3 itself. My phat started to be a bit more noisy then usual. I guess a good bit of dust needs to be cleaned out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Playable intro thing was really engrossing. Epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Gonna try and get a couple of games to take advantage of the Xtravision offer tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Question about combat, no real spoilers, if anyone is a few hours in they could answer:
    Do enemies tend to drop any loot at all? Is there any reason to kill anyone if I can just avoid them instead?

• Advertisement

danthefan wrote: »
    Question about combat, no real spoilers, if anyone is a few hours in they could answer:
    Do enemies tend to drop any loot at all? Is there any reason to kill anyone if I can just avoid them instead?
    I think it depends on what you kill. Humans seem to drop bullets/first aid stuff or supplies, haven't noticed infected dropping anything.

Advertisement