Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If it's Zombies, please let it be bleak. Walking dead style, with more zombies and less annoying characters. No stupid catchphrases when you kill one either. Or even better, World War Z style. Lets see Yonkers in full HD glory.

I didn't like Dead Island.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Little bit more information has surfaced. Sounds like the ants are actually going to be a big part of it weirdly enough.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/12/10/latest-speculation-about-sonys-the-last-of-us-blames-ants-for-e/
    Oh, this is fun. We don't care if we're playing right into Sony's marketing plan by speculating on the nature of its virally campaigned title, The Last of Us -- we love a good puzzle. And ants. And lethal, cadaver-loving fungus. There has been a lot of speculation about The Last of Us' origin and plot since Sony's limited reveal last week, but it has consistently seemed clear that the game involves bullet ants, apocalyptic chaos and the Cordyceps fungus.

PlayStation Lifestyle has rummaged through the clues online and put together a slightly clearer picture of the game: The Last of Us' YouTube account was created in July 2006 (yes, more than five years ago and before the PS3 was a thing), and in the same month it released a research and development presentation about group-animal movements on the PS3. The research leader is involved heavily in stigmergy, a concept of swarm behavior, which is connected to bullet ants.

Yes, it all comes back to the ants. At the end of Sony's promo video (above), we can hear a series of clicking -- which is how bullet ants communicate with each other -- and then a high-pitched, inhuman scream -- which is how bullet ants call entire swarms to one area. The scream can be heard meters away, even by humans, PlayStation Lifestyle writes. In The Last of Us, Texas and New Mexico are infected, and bullet ants live just south of there, in Brazil's Atlantic Forest.

For more information on bullet ants than you ever thought you'd want, check out PlayStation Lifestyle's research synthesis, and tune in tonight to our liveblog coverage of the VGAs for what we expect will be an official announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

code veronica sequel?

Ants where a big thing in that.

and zombies...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

anyone know where we can watch this live online?

the live stream on the official website doesn't work in our location :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

mystic86 wrote: »
    anyone know where we can watch this live online?

the live stream on the official website doesn't work in our location :(
    1) download the app VLC 1.3 from here http://nightlies.videolan.org/build/win32/last/
    2) Copy this URL http://spikelive-f.akamaihd.net/vga2...ash_3500@62376
    3) Paste (CTRL+V) in VLC
    4) Profit!

BOOM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

BOOM

Doesn't work for me. Sure the link is correct?

Doesn't work for me. Sure the link is correct?

I'm using Open VPN, i got that off neogaf. Google openvpn

Ya that's good, tis my back up :P

Naughty Dog!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

holy **** bricks its naughty dog!!!!

what did batman just win there? couldnt focus after the naughty dog reveal!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

what did batman just win there? couldnt focus after the naughty dog reveal!

Best action adventure game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

what did i miss ?

Magill wrote: »
    what did i miss ?

Naughty Dog developing The Last of Us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Shhhhhhiiiiit.... gonna be awweesome !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Looks like it could be pretty damn good. Glad to see Naughty Dog stepping away from Uncharted and exploring something different. Think it was time for them to explore something different. Post-apocalypse, with infected/mutants not the most original concept, but neither was platforming/shooter treasure hunter and Naughty Dog made it fresh and exciting. Any other developer I'd have said 'meh' but Naughty Dog changes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

not a poplular thing to say but it looks like Dead Island!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Hey look ..its nathan drake with a beard :P

And the girl looks very similar to the actress ellen page

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Looks like yet another zombie game. Yawn.

we get it, retro

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Looks like yet another zombie game. Yawn.

Meh, if Naughty Dog made a game that involved walking around a white room for hours, i'd probably still give it a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The Walking Dead: The Video Game.

Nah, I'm interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Even a similar trailer to Dead Island..

Not gonna put it down on one trailer obviously but its not exactly original. One to keep an eye on anyway with Naughty Dog involved

Fungal Infectiom confirmed!

MWZbr.png

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Okay, how do they see?

And don't give me any of that ''they have a super sense of smell'' because they don't have a fecking nose either! Or ears!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

some sort of radioactive hybrid neurological instinct based fight system.
    For F££ks sake it only Dead island 2

"The Last of Us is a genre-defining experience that blends survival and action elements to tell a character driven story about a population decimated by a modern plague. Abandoned cities are being reclaimed by nature and the remaining survivors are killing each other for food, weapons and whatever they can get their hands on. Joel, a ruthless survivor, and Ellie, a brave teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together to survive their journey across what remains of the United States."

from naughty dog official youtube channel, apparently

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

J. Marston wrote: »
    Okay, how do they see?

And don't give me any of that ''they have a super sense of smell'' because they don't have a fecking nose either! Or ears!

My fungus senses are tingling.

Advertisement