Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

2 hours 40 minutes in, 25% done :O hardly seems like the long game the reviews said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

cloud493 wrote: »
    2 hours 40 minutes in, 25% done :O hardly seems like the long game the reviews said.

what the heck dude?!

Take your time!!

I have played 13.5 hours and I'm only 62% into it. That's twice the pace you are playing it at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

5 hours 30mins here with 45% complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

I called it a night at 26% does it go right up to 100% when you finish the story or is it factoring in other things

I tried the multiplayer its very good i dont usually try multiplayer alot but im enjoying it here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

biggebruv wrote: »
    I called it a night at 26% does it go right up to 100% when you finish the story or is it factoring in other things

I think the all collectables are factored in the completion percentage also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

I think the all collectables are factored in the completion percentage also.

Ah so the game %will probly end up bout 70-80% when done? Im not really looking for the collectables

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Gone the manual save bit, whenever I get through a hard bit I'm like saving straight away incase I die and I dont want to go back to the last bit. And I am only doing it on normal!
    The bit where Joel is hanging upside down before they Bill is bloody hilarious! I managed to fire a few shots into the clicker when he is running towards the fridge, and after I killed the runner and he ran towards one or two more shots did him!

Using a lot more hand to hand as the runners are on top of you so fast. The clickers arent too bad as you can stealthy sneak up, grab them and shiv them....unreal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

One thing that's kinda annoying me is that when you die there's basically no consequences. In other games that's fine but this is supposed to be different. You don't lose any progress, or supplies or anything, you just restart the game about 30 seconds before you died. It kind of breaks immersion imo. But having said that I have no idea how they could have done anything different or better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Get out of my way girl when I am trying to go some where. So annoying.

Mc Love wrote: »
    Gone the manual save bit, whenever I get through a hard bit I'm like saving straight away incase I die and I dont want to go back to the last bit. And I am only doing it on normal!

That's cheating. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

The multiplayer really is good, I got my first trophy :cool: Looks like an easy trophy as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm 3 hours in, 26% complete on Hard difficulty. Collecting everything I can find. It's a brilliant game but the AI is a bit dodgy alright. The battles with infected are well tense! I just dropped it down to Normal difficulty though because I'm finding the supplies too rare. I was in the museum and had to fight 3 clickers. I made 1 shiv, killed one with a stick and 1 with a gun. I then came to a shiv door and didn't have enough tape to make a shiv, just made 3 in the game so far. Had to leave the area and found it annoying I can't go back to open it. I haven't upgraded Joel's weapons yet, only 40 parts. Trophy whore in me will have to play through the chapter again just to get that door :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I haven't upgraded Joel's weapons yet, only 40 parts. Trophy whore in me will have to play through the chapter again just to get that door :o

Every game difficulty has a game + mode so you can go through it again for all the collectables and keep your end games stats which is cool. Nice feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah, was wondering if I open that door on another playthrough, would it count towards the trophy.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSfYOO15pplNLSJQyW1k3BIZsGplgi2WrnjncrA_sNvrrg1JKfcnA

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Jesus my heads wrecked with this ha!!!.

Every time i start the game it goes to black screen with the last of us in the bottom corner and stays like that FOREVER.

How hell do fix this.....

Jesus my heads wrecked with this ha!!!.

Every time i start the game it goes to black screen with the last of us in the bottom corner and stays like that FOREVER.

How hell do fix this.....

There is some very long loading screens at times, I thought my game was broken too. But I just waited and the game started up.

Anyway really enjoying it, about 35% through, have just reached the
    school with Ellie and Bill. Having Bill around is great, you can just pull clickers and let him kill them.

danthefan wrote: »
    There is some very long loading screens at times, I thought my game was broken too. But I just waited and the game started up.

Anyway really enjoying it, about 35% through, have just reached the
    school with Ellie and Bill. Having Bill around is great, you can just pull clickers and let him kill them.

Ya but its not loading at all lol. Ive waited at least twenty plus minutes more then once tried a few things tried it again same. Its still here as i speak.

Ok yeah, 20 mins is a long time. Have you tried deleting the game data and the likes? Checking if the disk is clean? Try playing another game to make sure it's not the PS3 itself?

Ok yeah, 20 mins is a long time. Have you tried deleting the game data and the likes? Checking if the disk is clean? Try playing another game to make sure it's not the PS3 itself?

Was only using it the other day the ps3 itself should be fine. Ah i dunno theres only so much help i can ask for her anyway seeing as lets just say im not using the disk :pac:.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Done and dusted with The Last Of Us took me 12 hours and 33 mins from start to the end.
    A shock ending might I add I did not expect Joel to lie to Ellie about the fireflys and that there are more people like her out there.

But at the end they showed Ellie's bite to have changed so I think she is getting more infacted as she said her firends went one by one but I am not shore about that

They have left it open for part 2 with what's left of the fireflys comeing after Joel and Ellie for the cure as the fireflys no tommy is Joel's brother so there going sight to him.

But I found the stroy to be 100% times better then the walking dead. As I felt more for Joel and Ellie and how Joel was so closed up about Sarah dieing in his arms and never forgave him self over it and it took Ellie to give him a new lease of life

Was shocked to see Nolan north doing the voice of David LoL they had to get Nathan drake in there some how to keep the fans happy LoL

But what a fantastic game

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

Anyone else having an issue with the game rendering things? For the most part it's fine, actually it's gorgeous, but the notes and newspaper clippings etc are all blurry and I can't read them at all? I've only just started (I'm in the house at the start)

Anyone else getting this?

somebody who has finished the game, please answer this for me:
    I just started the segment called spring, is it as long as the segments for the other seasons or is this one quite short?

thanks

also for somebody who has finished it - does the load file completion % get up to 100% when you finish it, or is it less than 100, the rest being determined by collectables etc.. ? thanks!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I just came across clickers for the first time.......there one ugly sons of bitches.

I just came across clickers for the first time.......there one ugly sons of bitches.

You'll soon learn to love clickers over everything else.

Really enjoying this game. Just up to the part where:
    We've got our hands on a pick-up and are driving... somewhere. Just killed the bloater too, after a lot of tries a molotov made fairly short work of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

mystic86 wrote: »
    somebody who has finished the game, please answer this for me:
    I just started the segment called spring, is it as long as the segments for the other seasons or is this one quite short?

thanks
    Its very short maybe 20 mins or so ?
    mystic86 wrote: »
    also for somebody who has finished it - does the load file completion % get up to 100% when you finish it, or is it less than 100, the rest being determined by collectables etc.. ? thanks!
    Yes i got 100% completion with 87 of collectables found so you do get a 100% for a game play

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm stuck on the bit where
    you have to kill the four runners and one clicker,keep getting killed
    I suck at stealth game :(.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

One thing that's kinda annoying me is that when you die there's basically no consequences. In other games that's fine but this is supposed to be different. You don't lose any progress, or supplies or anything, you just restart the game about 30 seconds before you died. It kind of breaks immersion imo. But having said that I have no idea how they could have done anything different or better.

I'm actually glad this is like that because there have been a couple of parts where I died a lot of times before making it through. If it became harder each time, I probably would have just given up because even as it is it can be very frustrating if you do a lot of scavenging in the area before dying.

The starting loading screen is quite long (especially the first time you play it) but after that I didn't really notice any loading at all.
    Plumpynutt wrote: »
    Anyone else having an issue with the game rendering things? For the most part it's fine, actually it's gorgeous, but the notes and newspaper clippings etc are all blurry and I can't read them at all? I've only just started (I'm in the house at the start)

Anyone else getting this?

Yes, one of the training manuals I picked up and looked at wouldn't render at all, it was just a really low-res picture when I zoomed in.

I'm at 87% after 13-14 hours, hoping to get it done by the end of the weekend.

Advertisement