Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

feckin gamestop in stephens green still out of stock for this game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I think I'm going to have to pick up a copy of this when I get some more cash together now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

@Timmyctc: That was some of the worst lagging I'd ever experienced :( My connection is very up and down though, was doing grand the last few times I'd played it. When it happens I tend to play survivors and craft a bomb hole up in a room and place it at the door. If I'm going down somebody else is going with me :pac:

Hopefully we'll have a better bash some other night. I saw you get brutally battered and I was frozen (not just with fear) in the corner unable to look away :eek: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Dr. Bre wrote: »

Smyths have it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Regarding a sequel:
    Yay. A sequel with Joel and Ellie isn't off the table.
    http://kotaku.com/who-would-star-in-a-last-of-us-sequel-creators-wont-r-586791127
    Though if it does happen it won't be following the story line of the fireflies and finding a cure.
    Ellie as the main protagonist. Joel as the main antagonist. You heard it here first. Making that up, of course.

• Advertisement

Dr. Bre wrote: »

Plenty of copies on adverts lads, not sure why people are waiting for Gamestop to get stock in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Plenty of copies on adverts lads, not sure why people are waiting for Gamestop to get stock in.

I'm waiting on xtravision myself - trade in two games + €5 for it. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

F1ngers wrote: »

Xtravision told me this was only a while stocks last offer..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

finished it last night at 3am, wow, took a while but it really does get in on you, never cared as much for a character in a game before! Have my copy with unused pre-order dlc on adverts now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

I just abit into the woods part of the game (where after the capitol building level) and while i really enjoyed the start of game I finding myself getting abit bored with the game at this point, just finding it abit repetitive at the moment searching and sneaking around buildings and making my way from A TO B with occassional conflicts .

I love the graphics and the tense atmosphere the game offers but does the game pick up in later stages? There being limited dialogue between joel and girl for a good bit in the game now and cut scene are very short so kinda seems hard to care too much about characters at this stage.. not looking for any spoilers just wondering if anyone felt the same at this point or sud i just stick with game as it will pick up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

viper006 wrote: »
    I just abit into the woods part of the game (where after the capitol building level) and while i really enjoyed the start of game I finding myself getting abit bored with the game at this point, just finding it abit repetitive at the moment searching and sneaking around buildings and making my way from A TO B with occassional conflicts .

I love the graphics and the tense atmosphere the game offers but does the game pick up in later stages? There being limited dialogue between joel and girl for a good bit in the game now and cut scene are very short so kinda seems hard to care too much about characters at this stage.. not looking for any spoilers just wondering if anyone felt the same at this point or sud i just stick with game as it will pick up?

Yes, the game picks up around this part. Its a bit slow at the beginning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Cheers, thought as much , il def stick with it so.

King Krib wrote: »
    Xtravision told me this was only a while stocks last offer..

I phoned xtravision yesterday and was told offer is still on.

I phoned xtravision yesterday and was told offer is still on.

It pisses me off to think I paid full whack for it if I could have gotten that deal. But as I said when I rang I was told while stocks last. ...ah well too late now..

Someone said that this deal was ending today. Not cetain myself but keep that in mind.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Someone said that this deal was ending today. Not cetain myself but keep that in mind.

Was in there today pre-ordering and she checked my games were on the list and said all is good. Will phone you when we get stock in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

@Timmyctc: That was some of the worst lagging I'd ever experienced :( My connection is very up and down though, was doing grand the last few times I'd played it. When it happens I tend to play survivors and craft a bomb hole up in a room and place it at the door. If I'm going down somebody else is going with me :pac:

Hopefully we'll have a better bash some other night. I saw you get brutally battered and I was frozen (not just with fear) in the corner unable to look away :eek: :pac:

Was while funny :P Good laugh the multi is. I did class in the last round, think you mighta got disconnected midway through or at the end of it. Kept using lads that are downed as bait for people to revive them then molotov the bastiids :pac: (sound fuppin insane chatting about the multi player out loud too)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Regarding a sequel:
    Yay. A sequel with Joel and Ellie isn't off the table.
    http://kotaku.com/who-would-star-in-a-last-of-us-sequel-creators-wont-r-586791127
    Though if it does happen it won't be following the story line of the fireflies and finding a cure.
    I would honestly be saying yay if they announced that a sequel with Joel and Ellie is off the table.
    Would be a nice trend to set for a massive AAA game.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Was while funny :P Good laugh the multi is. I did class in the last round, think you mighta got disconnected midway through or at the end of it. Kept using lads that are downed as bait for people to revive them then molotov the bastiids :pac: (sound fuppin insane chatting about the multi player out loud too)

Yeah I was inactive for too long, normally if I'm killed I can move again then.

I much prefer Survivors though as everything you do counts way more and it's a lot more tactical. Also if I do freeze the time's up before I can be ejected :pac: You were fairly well on fire alright though, although I know I'm not that good in a fair fight so I hang back and be as sneaky as possible :D

C14N wrote: »
    I would honestly be saying yay if they announced that a sequel with Joel and Ellie is off the table. Would be a nice trend to set for a massive AAA game.

I agree. I think the game finished superbly and doesn't need a sequel. I'd love to see naughty dog do something completely different again for their next game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

C14N wrote: »
    I would honestly be saying yay if they announced that a sequel<snip>

Ah here, that should be probably spoilered out. I'm near the end and now know 2 things definitely won't happen :(

Was in there today pre-ordering and she checked my games were on the list and said all is good. Will phone you when we get stock in.

Pre-ordered it earlier today and just got a phone call from xtravision - they have my game...:D

Can't finish cooking/eating dinner quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Just picked the game up, and tried to redeem my online pass thing. Apparently, it's invalid. By any chance, does anyone have a code they aren't using? I can't even buy it from PSN. Very disappointing

Mister Man wrote: »
    Just picked the game up, and tried to redeem my online pass thing. Apparently, it's invalid. By any chance, does anyone have a code they aren't using? I can't even buy it from PSN. Very disappointing

Go back to the shop. They should sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

sweetie wrote: »
    finished it last night at 3am, wow, took a while but it really does get in on you, never cared as much for a character in a game before! Have my copy with unused pre-order dlc on adverts now.

Person really enjoys game. Cares about characters. Instantly sells it.

I will just never understand some people. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Go back to the shop. They should sort you out.

Rang them up already, and told me to contact either the game studio, or playstation themselves.

Mister Man wrote: »
    Rang them up already, and told me to contact either the game studio, or playstation themselves.

I wouldn't be having that. I had the same issue with a game not too long ago in Gamestop. And they had no issue printing a new code for me.

Kirby wrote: »
    Person really enjoys game. Cares about characters. Instantly sells it.

I will just never understand some people. :P

I sold mine for 50 euro. Bought it for 10 plus 2 crap games worth about 15. So I basically paid myself 25 euro to play the game of the year.

If I ever want to rebuy it in the future for 10-15 euro, all my saves are on my machine.

I have absolutely no sentimental value attached to the discs themselves, only the game and the save data.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I'm not into mp or replaying games straightaway and have a massive backlog so I moved it on. Nice saving for someone who couldn't get it elsewhere and some funds for me. Win win!

• Advertisement

• Just watched World War z...man that had similar ideals to the last of us...

Advertisement